Silly Season 2020

Man silly season is getting crazy!!!
Reddit now proclaims Stenhouse to the 41???

I'm thinking Hemric to JTG?
Its reddit.

Don't take anything seriously until actual, credible sources say something.

Plenty of drivers would take that 37 car though, its a solid mid-field car.
Good move for Roush, and also for Buescher IMO. And yet another data point showing that many driver contracts in Nascar are far from guarantees, if one accepts at face value Ricky's recent statement that his deal with RFR runs through 2021.

I wonder what's up at JTG Daugherty. They have been candid that sponsorship funding to retain Buescher was not yet finalized, but recent reports have seemed rather positive that all was on track to get that done. I wonder if Buescher is leaving because he can't stay, or if he is seizing a better opportunity. My guess... a better opportunity.
I had similar thoughts and with Newman and Buescher combo could mean problems for the rest of the field.

Many drivers are gunning for seats. To think Roush's selections of the next generation have kind of fizzled out. Bayne, Reed, Regan, and Stenhouse are all out at this moment and time. Buescher and Wallace are honestly the last two drivers from the Roush program who are in the premier level. What's even more odd is Bubba was forced out after sponsorship woes. Buescher was softly dropped from Roush to drive for JTG after leaving Front Row in needing to change manufacturers, now he's back in a Roush car... Talk about coming full-circle.

Guys like Hemric and Chastain would be great alongside Preece in the 37. Its a fully-funded ride, which is rare now in days. Silly season truly has been an odd one.

Good move for Roush, and also for Buescher IMO. And yet another data point showing that many driver contracts in Nascar are far from guarantees, if one accepts at face value Ricky's recent statement that his deal with RFR runs through 2021.

I wonder what's up at JTG Daugherty. They have been candid that sponsorship funding to retain Buescher was not yet finalized, but recent reports have seemed rather positive that all was on track to get that done. I wonder if Buescher is leaving because he can't stay, or if he is seizing a better opportunity. My guess... a better opportunity.

yeah, it seems like it was a couple weeks ago Stenhouse said he was signed for 2020. Oh I guess not Ricky, you didn't read the fine print. Looks like a popular driver change, Buescher's star has been rising.

Newman's demonstrated there's nothing wrong with Roush hardware. That may have put pressure on Ricky, and have given Chris reason to think it would be a step up.

"Tony? Danica's ex is on line two.

Tony?

Huh. I know he was just here. Look, there's donuts left."
Lmao

In all honesty they are friends because of DIRT but Ricky has been a disaster so it's not like I expect it to happen. But because of that friendship I have always had a thought of ricky to SHR.

Lol very true but you never know sometimes sh!t just seems to come out of nowhere like Buescher to the 17 lol
Man silly season is getting crazy!!!
Reddit now proclaims Stenhouse to the 41???

I'm thinking Hemric to JTG?

Reddit IS correct. What they didnt know is Stenhouse will be working in the body shop....He has experience there. lol

Did I see the moves for the 17 coming? No. Am I surprised by it? Not in the least bit. I just figured that Ricky would be in the 17 through next year then get booted.

This does bring up a unique situation of who will go the the 37? I know they say he's signed for 2020 but I wouldn't be shocked if JTG at least had some talks with Bubba. I know Brad Daugherty was speaking very highly of him on the late shift the other night.

Whew, he doesn't seem so happy about it

EFVddj-X4AAaMi_.jpg:large

Did I see the moves for the 17 coming? No. Am I surprised by it? Not in the least bit. I just figured that Ricky would be in the 17 through next year then get booted.

This does bring up a unique situation of who will go the the 37? I know they say he's signed for 2020 but I wouldn't be shocked if JTG at least had some talks with Bubba. I know Brad Daugherty was speaking very highly of him on the late shift the other night.

Oo I like Bubba in the 37 that would be great for him. He has matured significantly over the past two years.

Tantalizing. Thanks for posting that.

At this moment, both Ford and Chevy have a midfield team with an open seat... Front Row's 38 and JTGD's 37.

Landon Cassill - I like this guy. Maybe the #32 if LaJoie departs for Front Row?

Ross Chastain - Ready to move up. Future is bright. Might be in line for the #1 when Kurt hangs up his helmet.

Cole Custer - Raw rookie but a breakout year in Xfinity.

Daniel Hemric - Showed gradual improvement in the 8.

Parker Kligerman - Possible sleeper candidate?

Cory LaJoie - Mighty impressive in the Go Fas 32, significant improvement from last year.

Ricky Stenhouse - Nascar's most prolific crasher since Danica Patrick left. Crash frequency per race: 47% in 2017; 50% in 2018; 61% in 2019 (per Motorsports Analytics).

Bubba Wallace - Not a free agent, but what the hell, let's just toss him in the mix. Flashes of brilliant driving, but lacks consistency. Go Bubba!

[Footnote - Crash Frequency is defined as the number of crashes per race for a single driver. In all instances, a crash is defined as a wreck or spin that causes the driver to lose track position.]

Oo I like Bubba in the 37 that would be great for him. He has matured significantly over the past two years.
Especially since I think The King would drop him in a hot minute if his grandson Thad Moffitt develops into a cup level driver. Early to think that, but hell anything seems possible these days.

Especially since I think The King would drop him in a hot minute if his grandson Thad Moffitt develops into a cup level driver. Early to think that, but hell anything seems possible these days.
The King is the guy in front of the shop wearing a sandwich board.

Whew, he doesn't seem so happy about it

EFVddj-X4AAaMi_.jpg:large
Brad Daugherty also wasn't happy, specifically at the timing. He feels sorta "jilted at the alter" or something. Of course, he didn't mention that A.J. Allmendinger had two years left on his contract when he got fired a year ago. And he didn't mention exactly *who* was dragging their feet to produce this timing... probably Kroger, almost certainly not Buescher.

Bottom line: Chris Buescher had a contract that was ready to sign with a team that's slightly higher up the food chain... and another deal close, but not yet done, with a team slightly lower on the food chain. That's sorta like two in hand being better than one in the bush.

https://racer.com/2019/09/25/jtg-daugherty-surprised-by-bueschers-departure/

Especially since I think The King would drop him in a hot minute if his grandson Thad Moffitt develops into a cup level driver...
The King is a minority co-owner of the team, but I doubt he'd be able to do that even if he wanted to.

I don't know when things changed, I was under the impression that Chris was and still could be the property of RFR. I never read about his being released or that his agreement had expired.

Makes Carl Edwards departure from Roush seem more credible.

Strike first -- "it's just business"...

Yes 1 full year more than Custer or other call-ups. Forgot Chastain has been pretty much full time for the last couple years.
I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that if Kurt decides to hang it up Chastain could get that cup ride. I believe Chastain is under contract somehow with Ganassi

I’m so excited for Buescher to get the 17, I think he will do great things in that ride. Roush with this driver roster in 20 and what Newman is doing in the 6 this year, is on the way up. I was hoping Buescher would end up at Hendrick but this is just as cool, full circle really. I really wonder if Ryan making the playoffs and thriving thus far in them finally made the company cut bait with Ricky, I think it’s fair to say the 6 has outperformed the 17 at every level this year. Good for Chris I hope he can win a race next year, I think this is a great move for him and Roush

Stenhouse seems more liked by sponsors, Hemric would probably come cheaper.

I feel like Ross is going Xfinity racing for Kaulig in the 10 next year and waiting on Kurt.

Pretty interesting

I kind of assumed that Fastenal was a B2B deal considering how huge they are in so many different manufacturing businesses that I'm sure Roush throughout all of his companies uses a tremendous amount of supplies. As far as Sunny D and Fifth Third Bank if they're still even on the car I can't imagine exactly what does B2B deals with exactly entail

Gotta love NASCAR -- so many dramas going on besides the ROVAL cut race. Can't wait for the weekend when all the players are packed into CMS surrounded by cameras, reporters, fans, teams, etc.

Back
Top Bottom