Silly Season 2020

I'm interested to see how Preece will progress in year 2, he hasn't been bad at times in the 47 this season.
I honestly thought he would be doing better. Between Michigan and Indy he finished 7th, 18th, 22nd, and 16th. I was hoping those results would be most of his season- near-weekly top 20s and a top 10 once in a while. He has 6 DNF's I think he would be running better in points than Hemric if it weren't for that. Chris Buescher has been having a career season with JTG equipment and it's been awesome to watch, but it's not a good look for Preece.
Ryan Preece needs to take a big step forward in 2020, I believe. He has an interesting 'story' and everyone was excited for him to get the JTG/D opportunity, but the 47 results have been disappointing. It's yet another example of the competitive chasm between racing at the Nascar Cup Series level versus short track racing further down the pyramid, IMO. I hope he can turn things around the way his teammate has done.

I guess Jack thought it would be a good idea to provide Ricardo with some extra motivation for the last 8 races.

That should do it.
Dover and Talladega will be good tracks for him.

Jack has always been very upfront and to be fair, Ricky has done his share of tearing up equipment.

Ricky's a good driver, but I'll be damned he just has a tendency to overdrive. I like him, I'd like to see him around, but knowing how he is at times. He will be hard for teams to hire because of him being so erratic at times.

Carl Edwards left for a reason -- and he went to Holy Joe thinking that was an upgrade.

Jack and Co. going back in time to support the present day Buescher is bush :) league.

Jack needs to own up to the fact that he screwed up his Cup program, not Stenhouse. Ricky was a symptom of an aggressive driver trying to make the most of a fading program. Newman is the cherry on top a pile of crap.

God Bless Roger and Haas for keeping Ford relevant.

Rickey failed to finish races and in doing they had to repair cars not improve them.
Rickey style is his own undoing.

That makes no sense. Try logic.

The cars have not been as good as the competition -- that has nothing to do with repairing cars unless you believe that EVERY car was not new, but a car that Ricky wrecked and therefore could not be improved.

Jack should own up to the fact that he is not building the best cars.

Think.

JTG also had no idea this was coming and found out after it was reported. Tough business.
Wow, not a good way for Buescher to handle his exit. You never know what the future holds... and I don't believe his Roush Fenway announcement said anything about it being a multi-year commitment. What goes around comes around.

Ryan Preece needs to take a big step forward in 2020, I believe. He has an interesting 'story' and everyone was excited for him to get the JTG/D opportunity, but the 47 results have been disappointing. It's yet another example of the competitive chasm between racing at the Nascar Cup Series level versus short track racing further down the pyramid, IMO. I hope he can turn things around the way his teammate has done.

No I agree he needs to take a step forward, but Byron also looked terrible his rookie year and he's honestly made a bigger jump than I expected. Preece has ran better in the 47 than Hemric has in the 8.

JTG also had no idea this was coming and found out after it was reported. Tough business.

I find it hard to believe they didn't know this was a possibility. They may have been surprised by the timing but they knew full well about that option. It was public info back when Buescher left to go to Front Row and then JTG that he was just on loan to those teams and this could happen.

I honestly thought he would be doing better. Between Michigan and Indy he finished 7th, 18th, 22nd, and 16th. I was hoping those results would be most of his season- near-weekly top 20s and a top 10 once in a while. He has 6 DNF's I think he would be running better in points than Hemric if it weren't for that. Chris Buescher has been having a career season with JTG equipment and it's been awesome to watch, but it's not a good look for Preece. Hopefully he's not the low man on the totem pole next year with a new driver coming in...I'm not a tin-foil hat guy but I think to stretch the Kroger money between two cars there are "more desirable" parts Buescher is getting while Preece gets the leftovers. Buescher has had a top 15 car most weeks this year while Preece is a solid 10-15 positions back.

Nah, I have the same opinion on JTG & the Kroger money.

This is old news see it now in a thread from late yesterday. Sorry I need to drink a cup of coffee before any future early morning postings :)

That makes no sense. Try logic.

The cars have not been as good as the competition -- that has nothing to do with repairing cars unless you believe that EVERY car was not new, but a car that Ricky wrecked and therefore could not be improved.

Jack should own up to the fact that he is not building the best cars.

Think.
UHHHHHHHH? I think you should go back and read things and wear your comprehension glasses. What part of over driving and wrecking your car don't you understand.????????
On the other hand Chris gets what he can from the car and brings it back to the shop "NOT for large repairs."

UHHHHHHHH? I think you should go back and read things and wear your comprehension glasses. What part of over driving and wrecking your car don't you understand.????????
On the other hand Chris gets what he can from the car and brings it back to the shop "NOT for large repairs."

You're right on because if you are always FIXING cars, you have less time, manpower and resources to improve them and build new better ones. You also have to assume that they were trying to take the best pieces they had to the track each week, and if they come back wrecked all of the time you end up having to bring your second tier cars to the track far too often, only making the problem worse. I understand the value of an aggressive driver, BUT, at some point you also have to be smart enough to realize what the car will give you and take that. If the car is an 11th place car, then make sure you get at least 11th out of it. I think having Newman on the team just highlighted the practical difference between controlled aggression and uncontrolled.

You are overstating your position. Jack is making excuses and trying to throw it all on Stenhouse.

The cars haven't been good. The wins haven't been there to support that Stenhouse is the reason they can't improve the cars as an organization.

Newman is the beneficiary of the biggest Playoff scam -- the 16 car field which just puts mediocrity on display for 13-16.

You're right on because if you are always FIXING cars, you have less time, manpower and resources to improve them and build new better ones. You also have to assume that they were trying to take the best pieces they had to the track each week, and if they come back wrecked all of the time you end up having to bring your second tier cars to the track far too often, only making the problem worse. I understand the value of an aggressive driver, BUT, at some point you also have to be smart enough to realize what the car will give you and take that. If the car is an 11th place car, then make sure you get at least 11th out of it. I think having Newman on the team just highlighted the practical difference between controlled aggression and uncontrolled.

Please provide the car chassis that were wrecked and therefore the races they were denied improvement, especially where they couldn't race for a win because of it. Stenhouse is one of a two full-time car team.

Jack is going low and instead of dealing with Roush systemic issues, he's just trashing Ricky hoping fans like you won't notice the bigger issues.

You are overstating your position. Jack is making excuses and trying to throw it all on Stenhouse.

The cars haven't been good. The wins haven't been there to support that Stenhouse is the reason they can't improve the cars as an organization.

Newman is the beneficiary of the biggest Playoff scam -- the 16 car field which just puts mediocrity on display for 13-16.

Jack is an ass, that's no secret, and he DID throw Ricky under the bus, but that doesn't mean he wasn't right.

The cars are not GREAT, but I think they are a good bit better than what Ricky has been doing with them.

You're 100% right about the playoff being a scam, BUT, that is the system we have and Newman is doing what he has to do under that system, and Ricky did not. If you take out the wins, would he have ever even MADE the playoffs?

Please provide the car chassis that were wrecked and therefore the races they were denied improvement, especially where they couldn't race for a win because of it. Stenhouse is one of a two full-time car team.

Jack is going low and instead of dealing with Roush systemic issues, he's just trashing Ricky hoping fans like you won't notice the bigger issues.

Look, I'm talking about how all race teams work in a general sense, I don't have specifics of what Roush is doing anymore than else, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. With the way things work now, it's extremely difficult to turn around cars that don't have a scratch on them and use them the next week. If you trash them and then have to fix them and send them over to NASCAR to get re-checked, you have probably lost that car for 2-3 weeks or more, and if you don't have that many cars that are good, that really hurts. You yourself are saying that the cars aren't very good. As far as being a two car team, for much of that time his teammate was Trevor Bayne, so how does THAT help?

I don't think anybody on the PLANET has not noticed the issues at Roush, that ship sailed a LONG time ago. Yes, he was crappy to Ricky, no argument there, but I support him firing Ricky 100%. Hell, I probably wouldn't have hired him in the first place. He might be a great sprint car driver, I don't know, but I've never been very impressed with what I've seen in a Cup car, and worse yet, I don't see any improvement over when he started. At least when he was dating Danica, he got a lot of on screen time for his sponsors, and then he even managed to screw THAT up. :D

Look, I'm talking about how all race teams work in a general sense, I don't have specifics of what Roush is doing anymore than else, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. With the way things work now, it's extremely difficult to turn around cars that don't have a scratch on them and use them the next week. If you trash them and then have to fix them and send them over to NASCAR to get re-checked, you have probably lost that car for 2-3 weeks or more, and if you don't have that many cars that are good, that really hurts. You yourself are saying that the cars aren't very good. As far as being a two car team, for much of that time his teammate was Trevor Bayne, so how does THAT help?

I don't think anybody on the PLANET has not noticed the issues at Roush, that ship sailed a LONG time ago. Yes, he was crappy to Ricky, no argument there, but I support him firing Ricky 100%. Hell, I probably wouldn't have hired him in the first place. He might be a great sprint car driver, I don't know, but I've never been very impressed with what I've seen in a Cup car, and worse yet, I don't see any improvement over when he started. At least when he was dating Danica, he got a lot of on screen time for his sponsors, and then he even managed to screw THAT up. :D

No argument that Ricky needed to go. I was surprised it went for as long as it did, those wins probably bought him time.

I have zero respect for "Leader" Jack and his lap dog -- for throwing down on Stenhouse, especially in open media. Roush isn't a top performing team. They're behind Penske and Haas at Ford for a reason that goes beyond Stenhouse. They run two full time cars -- so Jack openly placing blame on Ricky is absurd.

Great to see Stenhouse not take the bait. He's not happy turning dog shyt into horse crap -- which a patient Newman is able to do. But that energy was likely his undoing.

I do commend Roush for snatching up Buescher. Smart move and hopefully will provide a positive chemistry with Newman.

Maybe Jack hired Stenhouse because he won the B Main Championship twice.

Just a thought.

I don't see the big deal with this whole 17 deal. Ricky had 7 years to perform and he didn't. He's lucky he made this long. 2 wins in 7 years doesn't keep your job Ricky and it's time he looks in the mirror.

Kinda had me fooled. Kenseth showed up and ran similar to Stenhouse so I was thinking it was a car problem mostly. Newman's scrappy style put the spotlight back though. Why they kept Bayne as long as they did is another head scratcher.

Bayne had Advocare money. That's the only reason why he was around and when the money dried up, he was dropped.

Advocare did a lot for Roush, even sponsored Buescher at times during his Xfinity tenure. Bayne was not a great driver, but I think given another opprotunity elsewhere, he would be better than what he was at Roush. He was like a deer in headlights with them and didn't really improve with them.

I don't see the big deal with this whole 17 deal. Ricky had 7 years to perform and he didn't. He's lucky he made this long. 2 wins in 7 years doesn't keep your job Ricky and it's time he looks in the mirror.

Agreed. But I still like Stenhouse. I could see him at Stewart Haas alongside with Matt Dibenedetto in the 14 and 41 being mentored by the best in the business, # 4 of course.

Back
Top Bottom