Silly Season 2020

Is this the one you are talking about?

I doubt it this happens, not unless if someone with expereince jumps in and helps with the operation.

Floyd is in Vegas, Maurice Gallagher is based out of Vegas. Maybe this is GMS way of getting into Cup without calling it GMS Racing? I'm not sure what to think of this, but Floyd has a nice catalog of personal sponsors. Maybe one of them would be interested in being a primary for him in the future? I'd like to see this operation succeed, but who am I to say? I hope they show up to Homestead.

Good on Moffitt for sticking to his guns on being in winning equipment. I thought he might get offered the 2 Chevy for Xfinity but I guess that didn't happen. Pretty absurd that he's staying and Harrison is moving up.

Good on Moffitt for sticking to his guns on being in winning equipment. I thought he might get offered the 2 Chevy for Xfinity but I guess that didn't happen. Pretty absurd that he's staying and Harrison is moving up.
Harrison is in a much better position at the moment though with the 20 car being available and having sponsorship.

Chevy at this point has a bit of a backlog atm with drivers and a lack of competitive seats. Not unless if RCR decides to increase back to two cars, Annett and Allgaier staying put, and GMS possibly closing down the Xfinity program. Its not a lot of competitive options for Moffitt to go to.

Harrison is in a much better position at the moment though with the 20 car being available and having sponsorship.

Chevy at this point has a bit of a backlog atm with drivers and a lack of competitive seats. Not unless if RCR decides to increase back to two cars, Annett and Allgaier staying put, and GMS possibly closing down the Xfinity program. Its not a lot of competitive options for Moffitt to go to.

Of course way of the world with fortunate timing name money etc.

Is the 2 going away for RCR next year? Wondering who that will be if Hemric decides to not return to Xfinity. That's sort of why I thought that might be a competitive option for Moffitt.

RCR is such a dumpster fire. They better hope Reddick is competent to be around the top 20 in points in addition to Dillon improving.

Childress showing a pair of deuces for 2020 --

Hopefully, he's holding better cards...

Childress lacks speed, nobody is doing well on the cup side including his affiliate Petty. Bubba is running pretty close to the rest of them. Reddick can only do so much and being a rookie, I don't expect a whole lot but most will. Chevy is supposed to be making some changes to their body next year. I haven't heard what it is, but if I was guessing, I think they are going to be getting nose jobs if nothing else.

An ominous tweet from Adam Stern... Matt Tifft is out of the 36 for the rest of the year... and there seems to be some question whether Front Row will run three cars next year. John Hunter Nemechek has been announced to drive the 36 for the final three races of 2019. I'm not a supporter of drivers such as Tifft being in the cup series - without some modicum of experience and accomplishment elsewhere - but I certainly wish him good health.

EDIT - More on Jayski, including a video from Tifft. Suffered a seizure and blackout on Saturday, but he says CT Scan and MRI show "nothing there" regarding his brain tumor.

Last edited:
There were rumors the team was going to downsize next year, but Tifft has financial backing and it seems like Tunity and Surface Sunscreen will be back next season.

Corey Lajoie on his podcast said that FRM will possibly downsize, that's why its up in the air atm. Especially with Regan leaving and the 38 car being up in the air. No clue, I like Tifft and he has done okay in the 36 car. I certainly wish him the best and for his health to improve.

Good opprotunity for JHN as well, go and get some much needed seat time. I'm curious as to why Cole Custer was not given this invite to drive the 36?

Tunity is an awesome app btw, its great to use at bars.

I'm guessing Custer would choose to solely focus on winning the Xfinity championship.
I agree he should remain in Xfinity if he can't join SHR or another top team.
I will be watching the #21 next season to see how this decision to promote
a "C class" car driver works out.

compared to Menard?
Yes. Matt was in a C class car/team which benefited from the association with JGR. Those cars will not be the same next season.
The #21 cars were built by Team Penske. I don't know if they were just new to WB or were new cars. It will be interesting to see if Matt will have results similar to Menard or Blaney.

I see a whole bunch of what if's with Matt moving in to the Wood Bros. Has Penske got what he wanted, a three car team with the driver he wanted (Blaney) and will his support change with a driver change? Menard could go just about anywhere so he did when he had a chance. With Menard naming his successor does that mean the Menard money is going to cover it as much as Paul got for racing there. What happens if Matt gets good pieces instead of second hand Yota's and starts beating the mother ship? Yeah it is going to be interesting.

I expect to see the 21 in the playoffs either with a win on a short track or road course or hovering around 15th in points next year as a quick non educated prediction.

Truthfully every series needs a midpacker like Paul, but I think there is a lot more to be desired out of that car if the funding is the same.

I expect to see the 21 in the playoffs either with a win on a short track or road course or hovering around 15th in points next year as a quick non educated prediction.

Truthfully every series needs a midpacker like Paul, but I think there is a lot more to be desired out of that car if the funding is the same.
I think there is more in the car also, but is it going to be the same car? Yeah I hope they get the same stuff Menard was getting, but at some point funding comes into play.

I think there is more in the car also, but is it going to be the same car? Yeah I hope they get the same stuff Menard was getting, but at some point funding comes into play.
I don't think they were building brand new cars for Menard. They build so many cars that the used car lot is filled with 1 or 2 year old models.
I think the more important news is "who will CC and will it be a great fit"?

This bunch is jumping in with both feet

A familiar cast of short track characters are going to try their hands at the NASCAR Xfinity Series next season.

Our Motorsports, which has previous experience in the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and ARCA Menards Series, will expand into the second-tier stock car division. The team will be based out of Statesville, North Carolina, and will field the No. 02 for its recent grassroots driver, two-time NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour champion Andy Seuss.

The team is owned by Massachusetts native Chris Our.
https://autoweek.com/article/nascar...iver-andy-seuss-heading-nascar-xfinity-series

Kaulig Racing pit crew for 2020.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Think it’s safe to say our <a href="https://twitter.com/KauligRacing?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@KauligRacing</a> Pit Crew won <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Halloween?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Halloween</a> this year... <br><br> Check it out! <a href="https://t.co/LpXreGuChC">https://t.co/LpXreGuChC</a> <a href="https://t.co/2fzE3jkSog">pic.twitter.com/2fzE3jkSog</a></p>&mdash; Kaulig Racing (@KauligRacing) <a href="">October 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This bunch is jumping in with both feet...

Our Motorsports, which has previous experience in the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and ARCA Menards Series, will expand into...
Oh dear. "Our Motorsports" Is this anything like "MY Toyotas" ... the outfit owned (virtually) by @Revman ???

Back
Top Bottom