Silly Season 2020

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

The rumor a week or 2 ago was Eckes & Raphael Lessard with Busch/Chandler Smith/Deegan in the 51.

2. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Remember the Gator

:XXROFL:
    Even funnier because it's likely true.

3. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

This is good news for Brandon and his dozen of believers

FLRacingFan likes this.
  4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

uncertain? It will snow in July if Gilliland returns to KBM IMO. :D

5. Charlie Spencer

Kyle spent the week putting a new, stronger spring on the screen door, and greasing the doorstep. Don't let that baby hit you.

Ventisca, Turtle84 and wi_racefan like this.
  6. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

That's just wrong.
    JGR is not even trying to win the Xfinity championship.

Wonder what happens to KDB's 100 wins BS now.

Truex_rox and StandOnIt like this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

That's 100 wins unless the preacher wants him to do more after that B.S. :D

8. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

Yeah but in which car will Kyle go for 100?

9. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Just read a CC announcement:

- Luke Lambert leaving the RCR #8 to RFR #17 with Chris Buescher, who replaces Brian Pattie.
    - Randall Burnett moving up to Cup with Tyler Reddick.

Good moves I think. Luke was an underrated crew chief at RCR though so we'll see.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

He said in the same article he wanted to be able to run more truck races than he can. Using the taking candy from babies easy win clause.

11. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Kid fires back. I'd feel confident going into the 20 too :rolleyes:

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

13. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Its the only thing he can do, just go out there and perform.

I'm not expecting any miracles or super seasons from any of them. Just interesting to see how the season plays out.

Turtle84 likes this.
  14. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Team Owner

I don't blame Gilliland for being upset. His and Burton's stats are pretty similar. Burton gets promoted to a top level Xfinity car and hes out of a job. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Turtle84 likes this.
  15. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Sad thing is, Harrison is probably the best driver out of that trio, and that's really not saying much!

Turtle84 likes this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Gilliland doesn't have a dad singing the praises of all things Toyota every weekend. It's a better fit$$. I've noticed some of Jeff's old sponsors on young Harrison's car also. Eh, if he runs top 10's and ya know he will be featured every race no matter where he runs.

Turtle84 likes this.
  17. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I seriously doubt DGR-Crosley will stay in the Toyota fold.

KBM trucks or not, I feel as DGR would fare better teaming with ThorSport or GMS.A Gilliland in a Toyota never sat with me anyways, it just didn't seem right.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Doubt that seriously, DGR continues to expand, KBM last year and this aren't producing except when Kyle races. Much larger than some people think. running 4 trucks at Phoenix, one is still in the playoffs. They have a late model program also

19. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Yeah, they are bringing a lot of trucks. Out of those 5 some are pay to play (Lupton and Decker). I guess you're right, especially with all of the development drivers they (Toyota) have. Also, I maybe mixing emotion and business with all of the sh!t going on between Kyle and Todd. David isn't a dummy, so who knows?

I forget they don't mix.

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and there is Alredo also, I'm guessing he would be a pay to play also. But yeah as you say, DGR is getting drivers who have backing, I can't say what I think it going on, there is absolutely no hard evidence, but if DGR is allowed by the mothership to continue to expand, it does raise questions. They run in three series minimum as it is now.

21. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I'm partial to Brandon myself, at least he's booked a win. I'm probably his only supporter on the forum.

22. NascarUnderdogs

NascarUnderdogs Tire changer

online people have said that DGR is going to the Ford camp next year. Which might help ford development drivers some (if there is still that pipeline out there)

Fordracing7 likes this.
  23. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Ford really needs to retain Majeski in their camp. He is making a truck start for Niece and he could be gone after that. A team like DGR would be great for them, but I've also heard DGR to chevy....but with llmor engines everywhere it's just about aero? as I doubt Ford and GM much for support.

24. Mike Crayne

Mike Crayne Team Owner

25. Fordracing7

DaBiff1618 likes this.
  26. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

27. Charlie Spencer

Ran 21st and was running at the end, wasn't he? Regardless of the attrition, that's still darn good for a 500-mile Cup debut on a week's notice.

I recall being at Charlotte when Jamie Mac got his first win subbing for Sterling Marlin on his ... second? ... start.

Joker and Fordracing7 like this.
  28. Fordracing7

That's for sure

And yes that is correct about Jamie and I'm not even sure he had won in the Busch series yet or at least multiple wins. Tells you how good that car was that year. Considering sterling might of been champ and how the rest of Jamie's career went...some big wins but overall farely meh

Both their careers really

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  29. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

This would be interesting to see, I wonder what would happen especially with him being a contracted Chevy driver in the Edge development program?

Especially, with the whole Buescher situation occurring with him still being affiliated with Ford. I wonder if JHN has a similar clause in his contract and is just being "loaned" to a Ford backed organization? I'm a big fan of his and it would be awesome to see how he would pan out with FRM.

Fordracing7 and JBone88 like this.
  30. Fordracing7

Ford good chevy bad

31. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Drunk Brian France is tweeting Suarez is out of the 41.

32. Fordracing7

Yeah and to the 31

33. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

He’s been saying this for a few weeks now. Still waiting for any other media outlet to report this.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  34. Fordracing7

Too bad Saurez as he needs more time. Hes not that fast but he is consistent and takes care of his stuff.

35. Charlie Spencer

I thought we debunked this last week. Call me as soon as someone reputable puts this out; I've lost faith in DBF.

36. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I lost respect for him trying to probe into a driver's personal life. I don't really care for all of that, what's done in the dark is up to the driver. Not a fan of that, I'll wait until Stern, Pockgrass, Weaver, and Jayski say something before I believe that information.

Joker, aunty dive and Charlie Spencer like this.
  37. Charlie Spencer

At this point I put more credence in BZF than DBF.

38. aroundgoes

aroundgoes Team Owner

I must have missed the news that Miller won't be sponsoring the 2 next year

Turtle84 and Fordracing7 like this.
  39. Fordracing7

Me too? I hope they return for some races. It's unbelievable that they wouldn't get their ROI out of it.

40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

David Gravel is supposedly running a part time Truck schedule with GMS in addition to his WoO stuff.

Kiante and FLRacingFan like this.