Silly Season 2020

I think the Yotas are good at the cup level, but the two lower series next year I'm not seeing much strength. :idunno:

The freaking trucks are spec. You have been "shilling" this forever, and then you criticize performance? ....and Chris Bell has sucked in Xfinity? You have interesting analytics.

I think as you were "shilling for yotas" you missed the term "next year" :confused:

Yup, sure did.....When you think performance, you think driver, when I think performance, I think car. As difficult as it can be, I should probably read your posts in their entirety. ;)

Yup, sure did.....I should probably read your posts in their entirety. ;)

Happens a lot when a sentence of a longer post is taken out of the context. It would seem that all of the time it takes to do so you would be able to comprehend what was posted. I guess you were so excited to think that you had a "gotcha" that you missed it.

Looks like Kurt is sticking around for a bit longer

Can they do an IndyCar / NASCAR doubleheader on an oval and not a road course? I just don't see what the benefits are of doing it at a road course, but I'm more of an oval fan in IndyCar, so.

It would be awesome seeing a guy like Kurt run the IndyCar on Saturday & the Cup car the next day.

Happens a lot when a sentence of a longer post is taken out of the context. It would seem that all of the time it takes to do so you would be able to comprehend what was posted. I guess you were so excited to think that you had a "gotcha" that you missed it.

Your way of saying...."No worries, man."

Your way of saying...."No worries, man."

speaking of your car and driver comparison which I don't agree with because it is too hard to judge which one on a given day, in this particular case, I don't think a car is going to help Burton much in the Xfinity series NEXT year.:p He looks lost out there THIS year.

speaking of your car and driver comparison which I don't agree with because it is too hard to judge which one on a given day, in this particular case, I don't think a car is going to help Burton much in the Xfinity series NEXT year.:p He looks lost out there THIS year.

Then he must really suck because all I ever hear about is how much better the JGR equipment is than the competition. We shall see. I would agree, however, when the Illmors weren't blowing up in the Trucks, and ****** up the series, he was pretty mediocre...at best.

The freaking trucks are spec. You have been "shilling" this forever, and then you criticize performance? ....and Chris Bell has sucked in Xfinity? You have interesting analytics.
Personally, I just don't think the talent is good enough to really allow one manufacture to flex over the other. Between the Xfinity and Trucks, there's Cole Custer, Chris Bell and Ross Chastain, then everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Then he must really suck because all I ever hear about is how much better the JGR equipment is than the competition. We shall see. I would agree, however, when the Illmors weren't blowing up in the Trucks, and ******* up the series, he was pretty mediocre...at best.
I also agree with Standonit in regards to Button.

I'm sure he'll run okay in a Toyota but he is absolutely not cut from the same cloth as Bell and Custer. Those guys are the future of JGR and SHR imo.

I'm sure he'll run okay in a Toyota but he is absolutely not cut from the same cloth as Bell and Custer. Those guys are the future of JGR and SHR imo.

Qualified 16th at Kansas. The 20 and the 19 are one and two. I know he is new, but damn.

Harrison in 19 years old...

Can he at least be old enough to drink before we talk about how much he sucks? Honestly, outside of the Dover incident he looks decent. He actually looks better in an Xfinity car than the truck series for one. He'll improve with time, I think he can win out of the gate next season.

At the same time, I doubt he matches Bell's results. Maybe a win or two next year, but not on the level of Bell quite yet. Another thing to consider is the possible depth of the Xfinity series next year. With Custer (possibly moving up), Bell, and Reddick moving to Cup. Who are going to be the cream of the field next year?

Cindric, Briscoe, Chastain, Haley, possibly JHN (if GMS is even open), Brandon Jones, I'm not sure where to gauge Harrison atm. I hope he does well next season.

Personally, I just don't think the talent is good enough to really allow one manufacture to flex over the other. Between the Xfinity and Trucks, there's Cole Custer, Chris Bell and Ross Chastain, then everyone else.

forgot Reddick, but yeah.

Harrison in 19 years old...

Can he at least be old enough to drink before we talk about how much he sucks? Honestly, outside of the Dover incident he looks decent. He actually looks better in an Xfinity car than the truck series for one. He'll improve with time, I think he can win out of the gate next season.

At the same time, I doubt he matches Bell's results. Maybe a win or two next year, but not on the level of Bell quite yet. Another thing to consider is the possible depth of the Xfinity series next year. With Custer (possibly moving up), Bell, and Reddick moving to Cup. Who are going to be the cream of the field next year?

Cindric, Briscoe, Chastain, Haley, possibly JHN (if GMS is even open), Brandon Jones, I'm not sure where to gauge Harrison atm. I hope he does well next season.

forgot Gragson 8th and Allgaier 5th from JRM. that bunch will eat Burton up, they are doing it now.

16th in qualifying? Lmao wow. At least it's qualifying.

I don't mean any offense but he looks like a 14 year old there from when I saw him in the garage in Vegas.

Looks like Kurt is sticking around for a bit longer

People realize we're down to four guys who drove full-time in the Winston Cup, right? I dunno why anyone would want to see this man go anytime soon. He's still got it.

....but this is what everybody wanted, right. Push the Cup guys out so that the kids could make their names known. Problem is....there are any kids?

I agree as well, but that is the way this sport works these days.....Sometimes, average talent gets the opportunity instead of superior talent.....having said that and too your earlier point, if not Harrison....who?

People realize we're down to four guys who drove full-time in the Winston Cup, right? I dunno why anyone would want to see this man go anytime soon. He's still got it.
I can appreciate the significance of drivers who raced under the previous, non-Chase points system. I don't see much value in noting the drivers who raced when a particular company was the sponsor.

Nostalgia, Earnhardt, etc?
Winston made a huge contribution to the sport in multiple ways but it's just a sponsor. It's a change in who's writing the checks and the name on the trophy. The change in the points system that came with Sprint is far more significant, and noting the remaining drivers that competed under that system is indeed worth pointing out.

I think Burton isn't ready for Xfinity yet, but I guess TRD/JGR wanted him to move up since there wasn't really anyone else from the Toyota camp available for the 20.

Eckes should go full-time with KBM next year and Smith should run all 14 races he's eligible to start .

Nate Ryan at NBC Sports is reporting that the odds are improving that Daniel Suarez will remain in the 41 car for 2020. Progress on the contract extension has apparently been slowed by the dreaded double whammy at primary sponsor Arris... management changes along with new corporate ownership. Yikes. But Suarez reports that good progress is being made there. Nothing official from SHR management yet.

Nate Ryan also reports that Cole Custer seems likely to spend another year in Xfinity before advancing to the Cup Series. Don't forget... Clint Bowyer's new deal is for just one year; Aric Almirola's deal is just one year; and Daniel Suarez' pending deal will also most probably be for a single year.
It seems only a matter of time before the best remaining open ride for 2020 is filled, and it seems likely Daniel Suarez will remain in the No. 41 Ford at Stewart-Haas Racing.

Suarez said meetings with sponsors have gone well the past two weeks as his management team helps shore up the funding for the car and with Arris. The telecommunications company, which has sponsored Suarez in NASCAR since 2015, recently underwent management changes with new ownership.

Encouraged that Stewart-Haas Racing now can focus on his deal after re-signing Clint Bowyer and Aric Almirola, Suarez said “good progress” was made on having his car sponsored after meeting the new Arris executives.

“There are a lot of things moving internally with Arris as a company, and overall that slowed things down a little bit, but everything is looking pretty good,” he said. “You make a relationship with somebody, and all of a sudden, they’re not making the decisions anymore. It’s like starting over again. There’s a lot of things in the middle helping. You have to do more than put a sticker on the car. Working on different scenarios to try to make racing make sense for everyone.”

There also seems to be building sentiment at SHR of delaying the elevation of Cole Custer to Cup until 2021 when the debut of the Next Gen car is expected. Custer is an Xfinity championship contender for the second consecutive year along with Christopher Bell and Tyler Reddick, both of whom are headed to Cup in 2020.

Suarez said he hasn’t felt pressure from Custer’s success, though.

“If you look at it, there are three drivers winning a lot in Xfinity,” said Suarez, the series’ 2016 champion. “Eventually, they’ll all be in Cup. Have to remember as well that in today’s world, it’s way easier to win races in the Xfinity Series because there is not Cup drivers there anymore, compared to two years ago.

“At same time, all three drivers are strong, eventually they’ll make it to Cup because they have everything it takes to be there. But honestly, I’m not worried. I know what I can do. I know what I bring to the table on the track and off the track. That’s very important. We just have to be patient and make sure the timing is right.”

Also, Nascar.com is reporting that Corey LaJoie is likely to remain with Go Fas Racing in 2020, although he is known to be a target of Front Row Motorsports. I'm no expert, but I think LaJoie has been impressive this year in the 32. *If* he stays there another year, and *if* Cole Custer stays in Xfinity for 2020, maybe Daniel Hemric will slide into the Front Row #38..:idunno:

Nate Ryan also reports that Cole Custer seems likely to spend another year in Xfinity before advancing to the Cup Series. Don't forget... Clint Bowyer's new deal is for just one year; Aric Almirola's deal is just one year; and Daniel Suarez' pending deal will also most probably be for a single year.

Also, Nascar.com is reporting that Corey LaJoie is likely to remain with Go Fas Racing in 2020, although he is known to be a target of Front Row Motorsports. I'm no expert, but I think LaJoie has been impressive this year in the 32. *If* he stays there another year, and *if* Cole Custer stays in Xfinity for 2020, maybe Daniel Hemric will slide into the Front Row #38..:idunno:
I don't think another year in Xfinity is bad for Custer. Remember that he didn't exactly set the world on fire in 2017 and 18.

LaJoie has developed into a solid Cup driver, never thought I'd ever say that in early 2017.

And I'd be glad if Hemric gets another shot in the Cup Series. FRM might be a small downgrade for him, but he could be able to get his first win at Daytona or Talladega.

Seems Boxer Floyd Mayweather is planning on starting a team , First race seems to be Homestead this year

https://themoneyteamracing.com/

How many times have we been down this road? Wealthy sports figure decides to get into racing. Wealthy athlete unwilling to spend the amount of money needed to be successful. Wealthy athlete's team under performs. Wealthy athlete leaves the sport. Wash, rinse, repeat. Other than Joe Gibbs, has this EVER worked?

How many times have we been down this road? Wealthy sports figure decides to get into racing. Wealthy athlete unwilling to spend the amount of money needed to be successful. Wealthy athlete's team under performs. Wealthy athlete leaves the sport. Wash, rinse, repeat. Other than Joe Gibbs, has this EVER worked?
i agree with all this. IF any of this is true , i would believe he has plenty of money to at least be better then some starting teams

If the reports of his wealth are correct, he can likely afford it, BUT, is he actually prepared to spend the kind of money required to succeed? I have also heard that he blows money like he has a printing press in the basement, so he may be on food stamps in five years.

Well I look at it 2 ways.

1) anything to get an actual full field of 40 cars and give a driver a shot is good for the sport

2) unless they spend the money upfront and get a charter this will never succeed. Its pretty clear that it's not economically viable to run a team without the charter money

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 weeks out, no driver no one heard of this until now, website isn't even finished there is no way this actually happens right?

The team name leads me to think this is about making a profit. If that's the case, I don't give it long. My 2020 Not Very BOLD prediction: none of us will remember this when the Coke 600 rolls around.

In the meantime, Hemric to the #50!

Other than Joe Gibbs, has this EVER worked?
Brad Daugherty, depending on your definition of success. I'll give him the nod, if only because he's stuck with it and the cars are mid-field regularly.

Otherwise, the landscape is littered with 'em; only the original sport varies. Vince McMahon would probably be successful, but he's a businessman already in entertainment, not an athlete.

The team name leads me to think this is about making a profit. If that's the case, I don't give it long. My 2020 Not Very BOLD prediction: none of us will remember this when the Coke 600 rolls around.

In the meantime, Hemric to the #50!

Money is Mayweather's nickname

Back
Top Bottom