Silly Season 2020

You guys are talking crazy stuff saying SHR equipment isn't first rate. You're so wrong it's borderline delusional. How many times did Kevin Harvick come in 2nd place in 2015 not to mention every other year all the second place finishes since his championship year? If he had closed on half of those 2nd place races he'd be unquestionably the best driver in the past 5 years with the most wins by a huge margin.

It was pointed out numerically that SHR this year was tied with Hendrick for third place in the win column. I wouldn't use the delusional or crazy word too much if I was you. It took Harvick 20 races before he won a race this year.

It was pointed out numerically that SHR this year was tied with Hendrick for third place in the win column. I wouldn't use the delusional or crazy word too much if I was you. It took Harvick 20 races before he won a race this year.

You're talking about 1 season. Harvick had as many wins as multiple Hendrick drivers put together. Other SHR drivers failed to deliver as usual.

I'm talking about since 2014 when Harvick came on board at SHR.

Yes, you are very delusional and not factually correct stating SHR equipment is not first rate in that time frame.

You're talking about 1 season. Harvick had as many wins as multiple Hendrick drivers put together. Other SHR drivers failed to deliver as usual.

Yes, you are very delusional and not factually correct stating SHR equipment is not first rate in that time frame.
always good to see you continue to waffle around and change your tune. Tells me who I am dealing with.

First rate equipment means all cars run great NOT just one.
JGR had 3 of 4 cars running for the championship with 3 experienced drivers
That is what you call first rate race teams. SHR had 1 of 4 cars and they had 3 experienced drivers/teams.

just a lil tidbit i seen on a few places, but supposedly Bubba Wallace team radio during the start,something was said along the lines of " Heres to one last race with you guys,good luck with Suarez next year" . Not sure if it was randomly started and spread or if its the truth

just a lil tidbit i seen on a few places, but supposedly Bubba Wallace team radio during the start,something was said along the lines of " Heres to one last race with you guys,good luck with Suarez next year" . Not sure if it was randomly started and spread or if its the truth
Any places other than Reddit? Any links to names or sources? Real sources, not retweets.

Since thousands of people listen to each car's radio in various ways., I suspect it would have been all over major web sites before the first stage ended.

Only time i post something from Reddit is if it seems like theres a somewhat reliable source somewhere. Yes i seen the thread on there too,but i seen a few people talking on twitter ( not DBF or RumorMill)

Plus i did say i dont know if it was randomly started and spread, i tried digging through tweets to find like the "first tweet" but to many tweets hitting fast during race

Wallace has a signed contract to drive the 43 next year.
And one has ever broken a contract. On the other hand some contracts have so many clauses that negate each other, they aren't worth the paper.
I am sure if RPM can sign Squares with good sponsorship they will find away to break any agreement they have with Wallace.
I just can't see why Squares would take that ride. He would be better off in Xfinity with RCR.

Zane Smith will be full time for GMS. That could also indicate there is a possibility of Friesen at RCR unless GMS is having 4 full time Trucks + 52 Halmar.

Also there has been rumors circling that David Gravel will be running a part time schedule for GMS.

Zane Smith will be full time for GMS. That could also indicate there is a possibility of Friesen at RCR unless GMS is having 4 full time Trucks + 52 Halmar.

Also there has been rumors circling that David Gravel will be running a part time schedule for GMS.

This was posted the 14th. Friesen has already said he is racing in the trucks full time next year. BTW he races for an affiliate of GMS.

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Rookie of the year Tyler Ankrum will join GMS Racing for the 2020 season, the team announced Thursday morning.

The 18-year-old San Bernardino, California native will join an already potent lineup that includes 2018 Truck champion Brett Moffitt (who looks to defend last year’s championship in Friday’s season-ending race in Miami), Sheldon Creed and 2019 K&N East champ Sam Mayer.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/11/14/tyler-ankrum-to-drive-truck-for-gms-racing-in-2020/

GMS just announced on Twitter about Zane Smith.

Where did you read/hear about Friesen?

Last I heard he was noncommittal on where he was going and the future of JJR generally, but that would be great.

Yeah all the Gravel stuff is all rumor from what I can tell but Axalta likes him and I hope it happens.

GMS just announced on Twitter about Zane Smith.

Where did you read/hear about Friesen?
I thought he did. This is from the 14th also so looks like Friesen is open on the rumor mill
From Jayski
  1. Not to look too far ahead, but 2020, do you have anything set up?
STEWART FRIESEN: Nothing, nothing yet. I see everything’s kind of going crazy this past couple days with rides and drivers moving around. So hopefully sooner than later. We’re trying to put it all together. But it’s been a great relationship with GMS, Chris Larsen, Maury Gallagher get along very well and Chevrolet’s been big to us too. So if that’s any tip to what we’re doing next year, hopefully we can announce that and have it set in stone next week or in a couple weeks.

Last I heard he was noncommittal on where he was going and the future of JJR generally, but that would be great.
Last I heard JJR and Gravel were still planning to run Outlaws.

To be expected. No Xfinity team in 2020 for GMS:

Not surprising since he did lead the Xfinity series in crashes this season. I think JHN will be in Cup with the 36.

Not surprising since he did lead the Xfinity series in crashes this season. I think JHN will be in Cup with the 36.
Meh, they finished the season strong. I was actually surprised how well they fared near the end. Just once again, a lack of consistent sponsorship did not help the cause at all. He wrecked some cars, but the last quarter of the season, they started to click again.

John Hunter is a polarizing driver IMO, he has the potential to be a Cup star, but money has really been his achilles heel throughout his career to keep himself progressing. Timing for him has not been on his side.

Ryan Blaney to be sponsored by Advance Auto parts in 2020. No real detais known yet ( number of races,paint scheme,etc)

Zipadelli to return with Hill, Hattori in 2020

The winningest crew chief over the past two seasons in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, Scott Zipadelli, and the core group of the No. 16 Toyota Tundra team will return with Austin Hill in 2020. Zipadelli and Hill led the No. 16 team to four race wins, tied for the most among NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series regulars, and a fifth-place finish in series points this season.
https://www.jayski.com/2019/11/21/zipadelli-to-return-with-hill-hattori-in-2020/

Back
Top Bottom