Silly Season 2020

Burton is going to get his ass handed to him in the Xfinity series. If he couldn't cut it in trucks how is he supposed to miraculously start winning in Xfinity. He might have a chance with Bell, Custer and Reddick gone, but he has to beat Allgaier, Gragson, Briscoe and Chastain for openers.

He was surprisingly marginally competitive in the Xfinity series last year when he ran. But I'm hoping all the JGR cars are irrelevant there next year.

Makes sense too much of a big name logjam at Toyota, and Bell/Burton arriving.

Seems like she's lining up for SHR timetable to wait on some of their elders in a couple years.

This is great news for us Ford fans! I love her and said multiple times she is the real deal! It would be extremely healthy for NASCAR for her to be successful.

This is great news for us Ford fans! I love her and said multiple times she is the real deal! It would be extremely healthy for NASCAR for her to be successful.
Would be pretty huge for a competitive female driver to be in the sport. Just hope she doesn't get pushed up the ladder to quick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Burton is going to get his ass handed to him in the Xfinity series. If he couldn't cut it in trucks how is he supposed to miraculously start winning in Xfinity. He might have a chance with Bell, Custer and Reddick gone, but he has to beat Allgaier, Gragson, Briscoe and Chastain for openers.

That would be hilarious since he'll be running the best equipment money can buy in a series starving for competition.

Major downgrades for mi amigo. I hope this isn't the end, seems good for business and has some fight in him.

this is why you don’t rush guys up to cup. Edwards’s early retirement/moving him up a year earlier then planned has effectively ended his career. If he’s unwilling to move down to Xfinity that might be it for him

I'm not worried about Harrison, most races he always had front-runner pace. Races like New Hampshire, he was dumped by Menard for no reason. Dover was him losing the car and Kansas he and Cindric got into it.

I feel as if with more seat time throughout the season, he will improve and really learn how to race the Xfinity cars. He looked more impressive in an Xfinity car, but following up behind Bell will be a tough get.

Harrison Burton is a JGR teammate no longer working for Kyle Busch. KyBu couldn't get him fired. We'll see how he handles this step up into X.

I hope he makes the best of this opportunity. More importantly, I'm looking for another set of young X drivers (plus Chastain) to step up and elevate X racing next year.

Last edited:
Maybe he will enjoy taking his money back to Mexico and enjoy racing there.
It doesn't have to be Nascar to be fun. I think Larson only races Nascar for the money.

this is why you don’t rush guys up to cup. Edwards’s early retirement/moving him up a year earlier then planned has effectively ended his career. If he’s unwilling to move down to Xfinity that might be it for him

I'm just not sure another year in the lower series would change the story for Suarez. I agree to a certain extent you don't want to rush in the Hemric sense having never even won a race in Trucks or Xfinity. At the same time when the opportunity presents itself to go into a high quality Cup car, from a driver's standpoint you better be ready and you better take it. Suarez had 2 years in Xfinity with 3 wins and a championship, he was showing good promise, maybe he did require another year to hone his skills, hard to say if that would have made the difference.

2-3 seasons seems about the norm these days though. Larson only did 1 xfin season before being brought up (he may have been considered rushed). Byron did 1 in trucks 1 in xfin and he's looking like he's going to develop into something special in Cup. Chase did 2 seasons with similar success to Suarez before being brought up. Stenhouse is a good example of a full 3 year development in Xfinity/championship/wins galore, and his Cup career still ended up less than stellar other than the plate track wins, granted Roush falling off the map didn't do him any favors.

There's just no guarantee and I'll continue to be puzzled by it. Ultimately I think you either fall into a successful team chemistry/car/cc that can further progress you at the Cup level or you don't. If you lack the driving talent to measure up and are missing on all of those other things, then it ends up even worse.

Sounds like an ol wife's tale to me. That might apply if a driver who is too young (under 18) to race in the larger tracks and they are in the cup series with sponsorship and owner points on the line. Somebody needs to tell Byron he was rushed too fast to cup.

Thing I found odd was running Toyota with their own engine program.

That is surprising we're going to try to run their own ending program

I guess it's pretty surprising to me that the 66 is going to be a Roush Yates Ford.

Personally this narrative about Saurez being moved up too fast is BS to me. The guy simply is not very good, he lucked into that Xfinity championship and that's the truth Jones was the best that year.

Compare DS to Byron....Byron is more talented and that's why he is more successful with less experience than DS.

It's simple he sucks and thats also why nobody is moving the world to keep him in cup.

Personally this narrative about Saurez being moved up too fast is BS to me. The guy simply is not very good, he lucked into that Xfinity championship and that's the truth Jones was the best that year.

Compare DS to Byron....Byron is more talented and that's why he is more successful with less experience than DS.

It's simple he sucks and thats also why nobody is moving the world to keep him in cup.
Just saying he sucks is bs

That is surprising we're going to try to run their own ending program

I guess it's pretty surprising to me that the 66 is going to be a Roush Yates Ford.

I read it to be that is was the TEAM'S engine program. Low budget teams buy used parts and pieces, older technology stuff

I think Suarez is a likeable guy but let's be honest money is what got him here. Do you think he actually landed any of those rides based on talent? Had he of not brought money to the game JGR would have never looked at him.

Money got him to the top level, but now its dried up and his results aren't enough to keep him around. Sad because I think he brings a lot of positive things to the sport.

I read it to be that is was the TEAM'S engine program. Low budget teams buy used parts and pieces, older technology stuff

Yes that's how I read it too for the 46 car which is going to be a Toyota in the Daytona 500

But the 66 car is going to be a Ford with a Roush Yates engine

Sounds like an ol wife's tale to me. That might apply if a driver who is too young (under 18) to race in the larger tracks and they are in the cup series with sponsorship and owner points on the line. Somebody needs to tell Byron he was rushed too fast to cup.
drivers develop at different rates

I'm not impressed with Gase. Yes he's always running in crap equipment but usually other guys such as Timmy Hill and others are faster.

This all day. Suraez needed another year of Xfinity. Same outcome could have happened but he wasn't ready to be moved up IMO

Ive been hearing Gaulding might be out of his ride also... He did pretty dang good too,
Oh no!

He was massively impressive in the 08 last year. He outclassed Ray Black with ease last year, man I hope Gray lands on his feet. If this is true, this is awful to hear. Gray has matured into a pretty good driver.

I'm just not sure another year in the lower series would change the story for Suarez. I agree to a certain extent you don't want to rush in the Hemric sense having never even won a race in Trucks or Xfinity. At the same time when the opportunity presents itself to go into a high quality Cup car, from a driver's standpoint you better be ready and you better take it. Suarez had 2 years in Xfinity with 3 wins and a championship, he was showing good promise, maybe he did require another year to hone his skills, hard to say if that would have made the difference.

2-3 seasons seems about the norm these days though. Larson only did 1 xfin season before being brought up (he may have been considered rushed). Byron did 1 in trucks 1 in xfin and he's looking like he's going to develop into something special in Cup. Chase did 2 seasons with similar success to Suarez before being brought up. Stenhouse is a good example of a full 3 year development in Xfinity/championship/wins galore, and his Cup career still ended up less than stellar other than the plate track wins, granted Roush falling off the map didn't do him any favors.

There's just no guarantee and I'll continue to be puzzled by it. Ultimately I think you either fall into a successful team chemistry/car/cc that can further progress you at the Cup level or you don't. If you lack the driving talent to measure up and are missing on all of those other things, then it ends up even worse.
good example is Harvick (considered a good driver) then ends up with his best CC ever and he wins a championship and is a top 5 driver every year.
Let's see what happens to #19 car next year without that winning CC.
2021 will be the shake up year for every driver.

I don't know that it's FRM equipment in the shop, but a race team is back there.

I don't know that it's FRM equipment in the shop, but a race team is back there.
On my way by this evening headed home, I saw a couple trucks in shop. FRM must have left space and leased/sold to (or at least shared space with) a truck team.

Back
Top Bottom