Silly Season 2020

DGR-Crosley offically partners with Ford
https://dgrcrosley.com/f/dgr-crosley-ford-performance-announce-partnership

they tweeted that next week will be some driver announcments ( though not sure the series)

Wow, DGR- Crosley races in a lot of series, sure hope they bring Deegan's hauler driver if she goes over to the Ford camp.:D

The David Gilliland led driver development program will field Ford entries across multiple racing series including late models, ARCA Menards Series and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.

DGR-Crosley offically partners with Ford
https://dgrcrosley.com/f/dgr-crosley-ford-performance-announce-partnership

they tweeted that next week will be some driver announcments ( though not sure the series)
This is a big shift for the truck series.

More entries for Ford and honestly, Ford needs a team to develop drivers below Xfinity. So, this is a big change for the series and Ford. Guys like Tanner Gray are going to be out of a ride of DGR-Crosely, but Todd Gilliland and Hallie are going to be there for sure. I wonder who else would be in the running now? Maybe Derek Kraus?

This is a big deal.

This is huge for Fords development program, they have been lacking. Bring on the prospects!!!

This is a big shift for the truck series.

More entries for Ford and honestly, Ford needs a team to develop drivers below Xfinity. So, this is a big change for the series and Ford. Guys like Tanner Gray are going to be out of a ride of DGR-Crosely, but Todd Gilliland and Hallie are going to be there for sure. I wonder who else would be in the running now? Maybe Derek Kraus?

This is a big deal.
sure as hell is, DGR has been knocking on the door in the trucks since they showed up recently. They are a good organization on the rise IMO. I wonder what Thorsport is going to do, will they stay with Ford or go back to Toyota. I guarantee if they show Hallie the path to the higher series if she performs, she will jump on it.

sure as hell is, DGR has been knocking on the door in the trucks since they showed up recently. They are a good organization on the rise IMO. I wonder what Thorsport is going to do, will they stay with Ford or go back to Toyota.
ThorSport is in a good position IMO, I think staying affiliated with Ford is a good move.

Moving to Toyota, I'm not sure of. KBM and HRE are the primary teams of Toyota, they all are involved heavily Toyota with B2B deals on the in the automotive (Safelite, JBL, etc.) and industrial/commercial (Toyopet, Hirro, etc) divisions. Toyota puts a lot of money into those two organizations, but the Thorsons are pretty handy when it comes to sponsorship.

Not to mention, I'd hate to see Ben Rhodes in that beautiful Havoline 99 backed by Toyota. That just sounds wrong.:D

This is huge for Fords development program, they have been lacking. Bring on the prospects!!!
Welllllllllll they did have Brad K and his 2 trucks but Ford CUT their support
to the point he had to shut it down. BTW if memory serves me, Brad's drivers made it to the Xfinity series. How many are driving Fords?

to the point he had to shut it down. BTW if memory serves me, Brad's drivers made it to the Xfinity series. How many are driving Fords?
Briscoe and Cindric are a couple off of the top of my head.

His pipeline was great

Blaney -Ford
Reddick-Chevy
Hemric-Chevy
Briscoe-Ford
Cindric-Ford
Kligerman-Toyota
Chastain-Chevy
Therioult-potential

TRD Developing an Engine for World of outlaws starting in 2021 (guessing to give them more reach on motorsports development drivers)

Chris Monez will now be Ty Dillons spotter ( Was Tiffts in 2019)

TRD Developing an Engine for World of outlaws starting in 2021 (guessing to give them more reach on motorsports development drivers)

Chris Monez will now be Ty Dillons spotter ( Was Tiffts in 2019)

Shows to me the increasing popularity of the WoO, Ford I believe started midpoint this season furnishing Stewart's team with their new engine.

FYI: Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports, will make a major announcement when he introduces Ford’s newest #NASCAR development driver on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at noon at the Ford Performance Technical Center in Concord, NC.

FYI: Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports, will make a major announcement when he introduces Ford’s newest #NASCAR development driver on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at noon at the Ford Performance Technical Center in Concord, NC.
Next week and its singular in adding one driver?

Interesting.

I don't see the relevance of him leaving. The last few years his partnership was just an investment. I suppose Rob put up the money to buy him out.
Is this going to be a repeat of MWR??

I think its relevant when anybody that has been a part of the sport as long as Felix has decides to call it a career. Felix is an interesting guy. I haven't always agreed with his view of things, but he was a loyal supporter of NASCAR and had a genuine love for the sport. It's a shame this news didn't come out sooner so he could have been properly honored at the banquet.

I don't see the relevance of him leaving. The last few years his partnership was just an investment. I suppose Rob put up the money to buy him out.
Is this going to be a repeat of MWR??
are you following Felix around taking attendance and measuring his interest? I think you and Rev ought to get together and compare notes.

Makes sense too much of a big name logjam at Toyota, and Bell/Burton arriving.

Seems like she's lining up for SHR timetable to wait on some of their elders in a couple years.

Burton is going to get his ass handed to him in the Xfinity series. If he couldn't cut it in trucks how is he supposed to miraculously start winning in Xfinity. He might have a chance with Bell, Custer and Reddick gone, but he has to beat Allgaier, Gragson, Briscoe and Chastain for openers.

Burton is going to get his ass handed to him in the Xfinity series. If he couldn't cut it in trucks how is he supposed to miraculously start winning in Xfinity. He might have a chance with Bell, Custer and Reddick gone, but he has to beat Allgaier, Gragson, Briscoe and Chastain for openers.

Maybe he will pull a JJ who did nothing in Xfinity but kicked ass in cup.

are you following Felix around taking attendance and measuring his interest? I think you and Rev ought to get together and compare notes.
Can't you think of anything more stupid to say?
Give it a try, the off season must be getting to you.

Back
Top Bottom