Silly Season 2023

Hell yes! Let's go!!!!!! My week just keeps getting better!!!!!!

Poor Richard narrative again....Boy, that didn't last long.
It's called working capital dip stick. RCR doesn't have to spend money on a lame duck driver. It would have been so much better if the red headed step child had turned the Nascar jesus with a yoder also.

It's called working capital dip stick. RCR doesn't have to spend money on a lame duck driver. It would have been so much better if the red headed step child had turned the Nascar jesus with a yoder also.
Lame duck race winner.

Must be because Brett Griffin thinks the cars are too easy to drive.

This week it was TJ Majors who said it was too easy to drive on road courses, but yeah. :D
I think if you listen with a critical mindset, you would see pretty quickly that the talking heads aren't any source one should take as gospel. They are there for entertainment, and are under no obligation to tell the truth about anything for that matter.

This week it was TJ Majors who said it was too easy to drive on road courses, but yeah. :D
Oh ... it’s on road courses ... got it.

Next Gen doesn’t hop the rear end all over hell’s half-acre on corner entry so yeah ... that would make it easier to drive. Damn you, modern suspension system.

I think if you listen with a critical mindset, you would see pretty quickly that the talking heads aren't any source one should take as gospel. They are there for entertainment, and are under no obligation to tell the truth about anything for that matter.
Say whatever it takes to keep 'em tuned in through the commercials. See also most TV news networks.

How does one get 'pushed into doing' a Zoom call? Gunpoint?
Same way you get pushed onto stage in the fan zone answering dumb questions from idiot drunks. You do what's asked of you. Part of the job. I don't think Tyler deserves any blame for the announcement timing. It was 100% not his decision. Denny, on the other hand? Fire away.

I always just assumed that was a negotiation tactic never made sense financially

I have never put much stock in this idea of RCR running a third car. Putting all the pieces together that would need to happen (including sponsorship for Kyle) in less than four months is just a bigger hurdle than I think is possible.

Same way you get pushed onto stage in the fan zone answering dumb questions from idiot drunks. You do what's asked of you. Part of the job. I don't think Tyler deserves any blame for the announcement timing. It was 100% not his decision. Denny, on the other hand? Fire away.

They were never going to keep this deal quiet anyway. As has been already stated repeatedly, the news was spreading around 23XI and RCR shops within ten minutes of Tyler telling Richard about it. Can we REALLY blame 23XI for wanting to be the one to break their own news? Just like Kyle's deal, 90% of all NASCAR announcements are old news by the time they actually happen. Yes, it's messy sometimes, but I don't know how you prevent it. I guess they COULD have had Tyler play dumb for 6-8 months and REALLY leave Richard hanging, but is THAT what we want?

They were never going to keep this deal quiet anyway. As has been already stated repeatedly, the news was spreading around 23XI and RCR shops within ten minutes of Tyler telling Richard about it. Can we REALLY blame 23XI for wanting to be the one to break their own news? Just like Kyle's deal, 90% of all NASCAR announcements are old news by the time they actually happen. Yes, it's messy sometimes, but I don't know how you prevent it. I guess they COULD have had Tyler play dumb for 6-8 months and REALLY leave Richard hanging, but is THAT what we want?
Uh yeah ya think? And that started the whole cluster puck of a bad business deal. Signing up to drive on another team 2 years before they are going to do it is not only bad business, it was destined to fail and it did. Shows how uneducated in business Hamlin and Reddick are. I do think they deserve each other.

Uh yeah ya think? And that started the whole cluster puck of a bad business deal. Signing up to drive on another team 2 years before they are going to do it is not only bad business, it was destined to fail and it did. Shows how uneducated in business Hamlin and Reddick are. I do think they deserve each other.

I don't see it as bad business at all, and the only fail involved is that a few people got all butt hurt about it. 23XI got their man locked up before somebody could undercut them and now it looks like they are going to get him a year early to fill a critical need. If that is a fail, sign me up! RCR on the other hand, they really screwed the pooch on that one.

Good move for all parties involved, I think we all seen this coming though, Reddick was going to be lame duck next year, might as well leave now.

Good move for all parties involved, I think we all seen this coming though, Reddick was going to be lame duck next year, might as well leave now.
Lame duck? He would have been under contract with RCR AND in normal negotiations with whoever. Probably left some money on the table jumping the shark to Hamlin's team. If Kurt retired, he would of for sure left money on the table. Instead, Childers got some of it. Reddick killed the possibility of a bidding war also.

There's just not enough time in a day to correct this thinking.

[facepalm]

There's just not enough time in a day to correct this thinking.
Yeah go ahead and give it a try lol.
Lame duck? He would have been under contract with RCR AND in normal negotiations with whoever. Probably left some money on the table jumping the shark to Hamlin's team instead of running out next year for RCR. IF Kurt retired, he would of for sure left money on the table when dealing with 23whatever. Instead, Childers got some of it for selling his last year to Hambone.. Reddick killed all of the possibility of a bidding war also signing early with possible other teams showing interest when he did.

Back
Top Bottom