Silly Season 2023

Doubt that. All you have to do is look on the side of the KBM trucks. They are all Toyota sponsors. Toyota could buy that shop for pennies on the dollar and put another figurehead in place.
Moot point probably, but I don't think Gibbs is going to get a sweet sponsorship deal like M&M's. Bush has won a total of 4 races in the last three years.

You know what, you got it.

Keselowski has enough problems on his own

Yea. Like I said there's no way I think it ever would/could or even should happen. But it's an interesting thought, and I will admit I also said Brad moving to that team would never happen.

TRD could foot the bill if that’s what it takes.
No, they couldn't. TRD loves MTJ....When things went to **** for Mikey, they didn't. Those deep Toyota pockets are a myth.

What’s the short version of what happened with Kyle Busch at HMS? Could he return there?

What’s the short version of what happened with Kyle Busch at HMS? Could he return there?
Who at HMS is getting moved/fired/replaced to make room for a Kyle return? I think as Rick once said….and for this I’d take his word this time…there’s no room at the inn.

Who at HMS is getting moved/fired/replaced to make room for a Kyle return? I think as Rick once said….and for this I’d take his word this time…there’s no room at the inn.
Lolol Kyle busch to shr then?

This is a sponsor issue. If one can be found, he’ll stay at Gibbs. If one can’t then it’s up to the top tier sponsors to decide if they want to drop someone to pick him up.

I would think Kyle gets a good penny per year as well, where a new young gun could be had much cheaper

Bubba has sucked at 23XI. Bye Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ASSumption is that Gibbs is selling sponsorship of KDB based on the fact he's one of the most talented of our time. Then the company execs spend 5 minutes on Youtube at home and realize they don't want to touch the man child. Mars...for whatever reason... didn't mind Kyle's antics.

My ASSumption is that Gibbs is selling sponsorship of KDB based on the fact he's one of the most talented of our time. Then the company execs spend 5 minutes on Youtube at home and realize they don't want to touch the man child. Mars...for whatever reason... didn't mind Kyle's antics.
Shhhhh!
It's a conspiracy!! Mars ends the contract, Gibbs dump Kyle, signs Ty to the #18, and Mars immediately re-ups with Ty for less money than Baggage Boy!
At least, that was the original plan. Now it's obvious Ty is at least as spoiled, so why bother?

I don't think execs give **** one about all of that. They are looking for exposure. I think what you have here is the amount of sponsorship Coach needs to continue to pay Kyle what he is expecting. The perfect storm has another Kenseth like ending where the expectation exceeds reality. I think this is the source of Kyle's frustration. When in the hell has JGR ever had a problem with sponsorship? Never. It's the amount necessary that is the issue. If someone wants to throw a bigger check at him, he's gone IMO.

Kyle is a generational talent (despite his charming personality). I can’t fathom a big time team not going the Hendrick/Larson route and self sponsoring if that’s what it took.

I mean, TRD could foot the bill if that’s what it takes. You can’t let a driver of that caliber walk.
Why not? Nascar was there before Kyle and will be there after he is gone.
Kyle this year is not what he once was.

Doubt that. All you have to do is look on the side of the KBM trucks. They are all Toyota sponsors. Toyota could buy that shop for pennies on the dollar and put another figurehead in place.
Moot point probably, but I don't think Gibbs is going to get a sweet sponsorship deal like M&M's. Bush has won a total of 4 races in the last three years.
Jmo but Ford would be a good partner for KBM if he signed with someone like SHR. DGR isn’t really cutting it so far and there’s good personnel and infrastructure to take advantage of with KBM.

I still don’t think he leaves JGR though.

Didn't you reply saying this was nothing like the Kenseth situation when I said something similar a while back?
Very possible....but that was before the interview. Good call.

I don’t think Kyle mr I’m the best at everything will settle for less $.

99.9% chance Kyle is back in the 18 next year.

Let's talk hypotheticals.....let's say Kyle gets really pissed during this whole process and tells Gibbs/TRD to go deep throat a cactus. Where's he gonna go? Hendrick is a no, Childress is a no, Penske is a no, SHR is likely a no (I think Preece in the 10 is a foregone conclusion). Maybe Trackhouse would expand again and give him a deal he likes? But then what happens with his truck team once he loses all that TRD help?

I just don't see a realistic scenario where Kyle leaves the 18. He knows it's his best shot, Gibbs knows Kyle is still one of the best in the field, and Toyota isn't going to let Kyle get away.

99.9% chance Kyle is back in the 18 next year.

Let's talk hypotheticals.....let's say Kyle gets really pissed during this whole process and tells Gibbs/TRD to go deep throat a cactus. Where's he gonna go? Hendrick is a no, Childress is a no, Penske is a no, SHR is likely a no (I think Preece in the 10 is a foregone conclusion). Maybe Trackhouse would expand again and give him a deal he likes? But then what happens with his truck team once he loses all that TRD help?

I just don't see a realistic scenario where Kyle leaves the 18. He knows it's his best shot, Gibbs knows Kyle is still one of the best in the field, and Toyota isn't going to let Kyle get away.
I didn’t think Lowes would let JJ get away either.

Hmmm @Allenbaba ?

I say Austin Dillon steps out of his ride into a management position at RCR like a de facto replacement for Richard (think JG and Rick), they sign Kyle to drive the 3 and Austin/Kyle embark on an era of dominance like 80’s/90’s RC and Dale did....while I get to watch the NASCAR fandom meltdown down as KDB breaks all the Intimidator records. Some men want to watch the world burn...... (I kid about this entire post. Kyle isn’t leaving the 18. Unless it’s a Tony Stewart type ownership deal ownership deal with complete TRD backing)

I say Austin Dillon steps out of his ride into a management position at RCR like a de facto replacement for Richard (think JG and Rick), they sign Kyle to drive the 3 and Austin/Kyle embark on an era of dominance like 80’s/90’s RC and Dale did....while I get to watch the NASCAR fandom meltdown down as KDB breaks all the Intimidator records. Some men want to watch the world burn...... (I kid about this entire post. Kyle isn’t leaving the 18. Unless it’s a Tony Stewart type ownership deal ownership deal with complete TRD backing)

RCR should switch to Toyota, hire Bubba or Danica to drive the black and silver 3 car, sponsored by the Biden/Harris campaign. :XXROFL:

People forget that the NASCAR community was done with Kurt for his antics... idk why the same couldn't be done for Kyle. Mr. H was already done with him. It's well-documented his immaturity is not just a "show" for the camera.

Maybe Gibbs needs to think outside the box regarding sponsors. Maybe Kaopectate, or a laxative or high-fiber cereal. Summer's Eve seems like a perfect fit.

People forget that the NASCAR community was done with Kurt for his antics... idk why the same couldn't be done for Kyle. Mr. H was already done with him. It's well-documented his immaturity is not just a "show" for the camera.
Yep it remains to be seen if "they" can find anybody to sponsor Kyle. They have had a long time to work on it. Interesting that after all these years Kyle hasn't developed his own sponsors to at least take some of the burden off. As usual, almost every time he opens his mouth he hurts rather than helps his chances, and his criticism of everything toyota this year isn't making the powers that be jump up and down. Its possible he could end up like his brother did, driving for a drunk on a one car team.

I've never been able to swallow the "villain" spin, great for the sport. His driving has seldom been villainous over the years, his mouth is.

RCR should switch to Toyota, hire Bubba or Danica to drive the black and silver 3 car, sponsored by the Biden/Harris campaign. :XXROFL:
1650924621550.gif

Back
Top Bottom