Silly Season 2023

Imagine if Kyle and TRD bought into RWR??? A scenario like when Tony went to Haas
I just want to see him forced to be nice to all the drivers he's bitched at while lapping.

Dale jr wants to move JRM to cup
Needs a veteran driver to get it going

Who other than Kyle

Haha

Veteran drivers are the easy part. Dale won't be calling Kyle or anyone else until Kelley can find a charter.
I don’t see anywhere where Jr says he wants to move JRM to Cup, he’s always said the price has to be right for a charter and recently on his pod said prices were too high. I can’t understand why some think a move up is so imminent

It’s contract and sponsor hunting season. You could HEAR Kyle Busch restraining himself when being interviewed after Chastain used the 18 as a launch ramp.

FWIW Kyle pulled off a hell of a save right up until the #1 announced departure.

MJ is pulling in the reigns.

Highlights from the article....

Denny's Take
Hamlin often turns to Twitter to air his opinion about issues facing the sport:
On Race Track Conditions
“(T)racks are taking all of the money yet not reinvesting it back into their facilities. If the teams showed up with fenders ripped off and junk pit equipment/pit boxes NASCAR would have a serious problem with that. Why can’t we treat the tracks the same?”
On The Schedule
“36 weeks of the same is a bad formula for long term success.”
On Rough Driving
“In 2017 it wasn’t ok. In todays world. ‘High stakes’ ‘do whatever it takes’ ‘playoffs on the line’ blah blah, it’s all fair game. The game has changed and it’s just expected now. Everyone runs over everyone. Doesn’t matter if it’s for 1st or 10th.”
On How NASCAR’s Revenue Split Should Mimic F1’s
“Seems favorable for all parties. 2B in revenues for the league. 1B of that going to the teams. What’s not to love about a rising tide. ??”

Polk said that he and Jordan have been working with Hamlin in particular on what a better financial model for the sport might look like. Teams have long felt that the sport’s media revenue split is unfair; 65% of money from a race goes to the track, 25% goes to teams and 10% goes to the sanctioning body. Teams rely on sponsorship for about 75% of their revenue.

That’s where it comes back to that conversation this year with France. While 23XI intends to eventually expand, the team is placing any plans to buy further charters or develop a new headquarters on hold until teams figure out whether they’ll be able to get more TV money with the next media rights deal, which will start in 2025. 23XI also wants a clearer picture on the costs of operating the new generation of race cars.

“I will go on the record saying that I had a meeting with Jim France and my message was clear that we need to stop talking about cutting,” Hamlin said. “Cutting does not equal growth. If we start working collectively then we can grow this sport together. But the business model will have to change for that to happen. We at 23XI have big plans. But those plans are on hold until we see change.”

Partially in the tracks' defense (and only partially), they only have a couple of weekends a year to make money.

Highlights from the article....

Denny's Take
Hamlin often turns to Twitter to air his opinion about issues facing the sport:
On Race Track Conditions
“(T)racks are taking all of the money yet not reinvesting it back into their facilities. If the teams showed up with fenders ripped off and junk pit equipment/pit boxes NASCAR would have a serious problem with that. Why can’t we treat the tracks the same?”
On The Schedule
“36 weeks of the same is a bad formula for long term success.”
On Rough Driving
“In 2017 it wasn’t ok. In todays world. ‘High stakes’ ‘do whatever it takes’ ‘playoffs on the line’ blah blah, it’s all fair game. The game has changed and it’s just expected now. Everyone runs over everyone. Doesn’t matter if it’s for 1st or 10th.”
On How NASCAR’s Revenue Split Should Mimic F1’s
“Seems favorable for all parties. 2B in revenues for the league. 1B of that going to the teams. What’s not to love about a rising tide. ??”

Polk said that he and Jordan have been working with Hamlin in particular on what a better financial model for the sport might look like. Teams have long felt that the sport’s media revenue split is unfair; 65% of money from a race goes to the track, 25% goes to teams and 10% goes to the sanctioning body. Teams rely on sponsorship for about 75% of their revenue.

That’s where it comes back to that conversation this year with France. While 23XI intends to eventually expand, the team is placing any plans to buy further charters or develop a new headquarters on hold until teams figure out whether they’ll be able to get more TV money with the next media rights deal, which will start in 2025. 23XI also wants a clearer picture on the costs of operating the new generation of race cars.

“I will go on the record saying that I had a meeting with Jim France and my message was clear that we need to stop talking about cutting,” Hamlin said. “Cutting does not equal growth. If we start working collectively then we can grow this sport together. But the business model will have to change for that to happen. We at 23XI have big plans. But those plans are on hold until we see change.”
MJ had a meeting with his accountant, Denny squeals

...wasn't 2017 in the Boys have at it era?

Denny said absolutely nothing wrong though, that's just the thing.

Even Rick Hendrick agrees with Hamlin. The old guard are stuck in their ways and Marks/Hamlin/Keselowski/Tifft probably have new idea to market the sport accordingly. Marks has family money to lean on, so I'm not surprised in his rapid growth.

Yet, lets turn it into a pissing competition about how bad Denny is of an owner. Dude has to balance his own team, what he does with JGR, and his own family life. Give Hamlin his credit, dude has worked his tail off to get the team together along with MJ. The disrespect for the dude is insane.

Even Rick Hendrick agrees with Hamlin. The old guard are stuck in their ways and Marks/Hamlin/Keselowski/Tifft probably have new idea to market the sport accordingly. Marks has family money to lean on, so I'm not surprised in his rapid growth.

Yet, lets turn it into a pissing competition about how bad Denny is of an owner. Dude has to balance his own team, what he does with JGR, and his own family life. Give Hamlin his credit, dude has worked his tail off to get the team together along with MJ. The disrespect for the dude is insane.
There is plenty of room for Denny apologists. I would think a thicker skin will be required.

I can't stand Hamlin, but you're not wrong. He might be a douche and he says really stupid things from time to time, but some of his points are reasonable.

I can respect Denny for what he's accomplished on the ownership side.

My disrespect towards him has to do with his racing, off the track comments and actions.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

There is plenty of room for Denny apologists. I would think a thicker skin will be required.
We know he has a tendency to go over the edge at times with his comments and his actiona through the years. However, as a budding team owner, he's literally saying what team owners have asked for years, a bigger slice of the pie.

What is wrong with that? Team budgets is comprised of 75 percent of money from sponsors...

75 percent.

Back
Top Bottom