Silly Season 2023

I think there's too many pieces to that puzzle to make an easy sale. RCR is making parts for the new car, has an xfinity team and from my understanding basically runs the ECR engine shop.
I was being facetious with the "sell to Jr" post. I dont think that will happen.

In all seriousness, KFB ain't going anywhere. He'll retire before he takes a pay cut, and nobody else can afford him. I could see Toyota footing the bill to keep KFB in the 18. David Wilson is pretty adamant on wanting to keep KFB in a Toyota.
It's a fun subject to riff on but you're absolutely correct.

It's why they got Reddick..just in case ol Kyle thinks there are greener pastures elsewhere and it also could be a good barganing chip . lol

There's no rift and no desire for greener pastures, just JGR trying to find sponsorship to keep KFB in the car.

Toyota will foot the bill before they let him go.

They got Reddick to 23XI because everyone wanted Reddick, and TRD won the Reddick sweepstakes.

:biggrin:

The Trackhouse boss answered many questions, including about the future of his racing team. One fan asked how he managed to attract high-profile sponsors during the session while Kyle Busch struggled to get a sponsor.

While responding to the question, the Trackhouse co-owner said:

"We run an efficient organization, so our cost is lower. Plus, companies resonate with our humility, positivity, and love of the sports."

His answer to the question was a perfect blow directed at Busch, who has shown several instances of negativity both on and off the track. After crashing, he recently stormed away from his car, leaving it on the pit road.

:biggrin:

The Trackhouse boss answered many questions, including about the future of his racing team. One fan asked how he managed to attract high-profile sponsors during the session while Kyle Busch struggled to get a sponsor.

While responding to the question, the Trackhouse co-owner said:

His answer to the question was a perfect blow directed at Busch, who has shown several instances of negativity both on and off the track. After crashing, he recently stormed away from his car, leaving it on the pit road.
You honestly think Justin Marks wouldn't take Kyle Busch in a heartbeat if he could afford/convince him to join Trackhouse?

You would have to think that JGR not signing Kyle is somewhat of a calculated negotiation strategy. You want x amount, ok go look around and see what the interest is and who's willing to pay that.

I'm probably wrong but right now I think the only one that would have serious interest is SHR and for some reason I don't see that as a fit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Well there is one side that thinks KDB is god's gift to drivers, one of them even says there would be a feeding frenzy if he left his babysitter JGR. What is not seen is a feeding frenzy of sponsors lining up with pick me signs on their shirts.
The other side sees a sponsor and behavior nightmare with an ageing driver who constantly demeans the car, crew, crew chief or whatever is handy. As time goes on and the wins continue to get farther apart, that behavior is tolerated less and less.
A couple recent incidents had him purposely damaging his car by rubbing the side of his car on the wall in the closing laps week before last, to running into a fellow back marker this week and blaming it on his spotter.

Well there is one side that thinks KDB is god's gift to drivers, one of them even says there would be a feeding frenzy if he left his babysitter JGR. What is not seen is a feeding frenzy of sponsors lining up with pick me signs on their shirts.
The other side sees a sponsor and behavior nightmare with an ageing driver who constantly demeans the car, crew, crew chief or whatever is handy. As time goes on and the wins continue to get farther apart, that behavior is tolerated less and less.
A couple recent incidents had him purposely damaging his car by rubbing the side of his car on the wall in the closing laps week before last, to running into a fellow back marker this week and blaming it on his spotter.
Your exaggeration of his character as if he's some type of comic book super villain is honestly hilarious.

Your exaggeration of his character as if he's some type of comic book super villain is honestly hilarious.
well keep laughing bud. What part of that are you having a problem with...I really don't want to pull up clip after clip of KDB acting like a spoiled child. lol

Where is 23XI getting a charter for Reddick??
Kurt Busch will be 45 years old in 2024. One can speculate on a discussion forum that Kurt can perform at an elite level at 45 and beyond, but statistically the odds are stacked heavily against that happening. I think Tyler Reddick is being signed for the 45... charter already in hand.

My personal opinion is no, KFB does not fit their business model.
Why not?

Marks has vocally been supportive of his own driver that is currently wrecking competitors nearly every week. We think Kyle Busch is too much of a villain for him?

well keep laughing bud. What part of that are you having a problem with...I really don't want to pull up clip after clip of KDB acting like a spoiled child. lol
If you've got a problem with drivers acting like spoiled children at any point in their career then you've got a problem with the entire field...

89ce0f238bc075339c30ccf59618e266.jpg

I understand Bubba brings the funding but for a team who wants to win who do you get rid of to make room for reddick? Bubba is too busy having temper tantrums and having loose wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should kick Bubba to the curb. But, I guess Reddick will replace Kurt Busch in '24

677bd51e58d378296c8ea9980af178e3.jpg

Also for S’s and G’s, 2 years of bubba in a 23XI car vs a year with a subpar Ganassi team and this years 23XI equipment

I understand Bubba brings the funding but for a team who wants to win who do you get rid of to make room for reddick? Bubba is too busy having temper tantrums and having loose wheels

Those aren't exactly sterling numbers for either. Like I said the 23 bunch have a whole lot of gathering it up to do. Reddick isn't going to heal all of that.

The obvious answer is Bubba but like you said the woke corporations throw money at the team because of Bubba's race. So Kurt will probably retire and be replaced by Reddick. I doubt they'll expand to three cars.

Have we considered that 23XI is going to just field a third car?

If not, the assumption must be that Kurt is hanging it up after 2023.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That Einstein doesn't have a clue who is the money man on the 23XI team lol.
Well of course it's Michael Jordan but Bubba was brought in at the height of the BLM publicity and the coporations were all over it. You think its a coincidence Jordan started the team when he did and hired Bubba as the team's first driver.

Well of course it's Michael Jordan but Bubba was brought in at the height of the BLM publicity and the coporations were all over it. You think its a coincidence Jordan started the team when he did and hired Bubba as the team's first driver.
Are we sure 100% its MJ? He's never really used his own money for anything, he finds investors.....the restaurants in Chicago and Chapel Hill, the Ducati Team and the Charlotte Hornets are examples. The Name and Brand of Michael Jordan as well as the Jumpman are being used sure and that is worth enough money in itself.

Bubba haters are the dumbest people.
Ya know, it's possible to be unimpressed with Bubba's record without actively hating him. I'm waiting to see what he does with a different crew that knows which side of the wheel goes where, but I'm beginning to think 20th in points is about his max. I still like the guy. WTH, I liked Wally Dallenbach and Jimmy Spencer, and gods know they weren't burning up the record books.

Sorry bud, not into conspiracies or the racial thing..wrong channel

Back
Top Bottom