Silly Season 2023

I hope KDB gets the #3 when he goes to RCR, he deserves that number more than Dillon IMO.

As far as KBM goes, I guess they're either going to shut down or become a Chevrolet team. Toyota will (hopefully) shift their support to another operation (Niece maybe?) or JGR/23XI are going to field a truck team.

I hope KDB gets the #3 when he goes to RCR, he deserves that number more than Dillon IMO.

As far as KBM goes, I guess they're either going to shut down or become a Chevrolet team. Toyota will (hopefully) shift their support to another operation (Niece maybe?) or JGR/23XI are going to field a truck team.
They already have another truck team in Thorsport now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I just hope Kyle doesn’t have a steep fall off when he joins RCR, like Keselowski is having with Roush. Let’s be honest, RCR isn’t one of the top Chevy teams and hasn’t been for a while. They weren’t with Harvick either, sure they would have good to great years but golly….that drop off for bad years they’d have would be massive. It’s going to be interesting to see how Kyle’s last part of his career is going to play out and what it’s going to look like. I’m sad to say this next chapter might not be as successful as JGR chapter. I definitely think this move is a huge gamble, I’m bewildered he couldn’t stay with the Preacher.

I just hope Kyle doesn’t have a steep fall off when he joins RCR, like Keselowski is having with Roush. Let’s be honest, RCR isn’t one of the top Chevy teams and hasn’t been for a while. They weren’t with Harvick either, sure they would have good to great years but golly….that drop off for bad years they’d have would be massive. It’s going to be interesting to see how Kyle’s last part of his career is going to play out and what it’s going to look like. I’m sad to say this next chapter might not be as successful as JGR chapter. I definitely think this move is a huge gamble, I’m bewildered he couldn’t stay with the Preacher.
Our actions have consequences. JGR, his sponsors, and team were probably willing to put up with him acting like a spoiled child as long as he kept parking it in victory lane every few weeks. My guess, once that stopped happening the juice was no longer worth the squeeze.

Idk man, Reddick has been very competitive in an RCR car this year. I see no reason why Kyle won’t be as well

I don't know Richard's "why"....but from an outsider's perspective, his family is financially set for life, for several generations. His team has hardly been relevant in two decades. He's about to turn 77 years old. If I'm Richard, I'm doing whatever it takes to get my team back to the top and compete for another championship before I'm gone. You can't take your money with ya when you go......

I don't know Richard's "why"....but from an outsider's perspective, his family is financially set for life, for several generations. His team has hardly been relevant in two decades. He's about to turn 77 years old. If I'm Richard, I'm doing whatever it takes to get my team back to the top and compete for another championship before I'm gone. You can't take your money with ya when you go......
One last championship perhaps

I would have to assume they if Kyle actually goes to RCR it will be with GM backing. Either directly as a sponsor on the car or with increased technical support to RCR. I just don't see any other way that Richard could pull that off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yeah, the way I think this played out is that Kyle rejected a JGR offer that in Pockrass' words would have put him in the group of the highest paid drivers. He did that because it was out of the JGR savings account rather than with sponsor backing. So, Kyle played hardball anticipating a bigger deal with sponsor backing. It didn't come. That is about the time that Kyle started talking about taking less IMO. Now the price point was established and lower. Poor Richard who couldn't afford Reddick gets a boost from Chevy plus I am sure big support for Kyle's truck team....maybe there is some equity stuff going on as well in some capacity. Kyle sticks it to JGR for something marginally higher or equivalent to what was offered. Big leadership on the part of 23XI in terms of keeping the course, and not being baited into a tempting short term boost. This is about timing and ego. 60,000 foot view.....Is his new deal better than what he had? Not on the surface. Is RCR more competitive than JGR? Nope. Kyle overthought it, and his ego entered the chat. Good luck with that. Looking forward to kicking his ass next year.

Yeah, desperation.....and compromised his good ole boy image to make friends with a guy he hates to do it. Sad.

Our actions have consequences. JGR, his sponsors, and team were probably willing to put up with him acting like a spoiled child as long as he kept parking it in victory lane every few weeks. My guess, once that stopped happening the juice was no longer worth the squeeze.
I think that JGR made an honest attempt....the wins--however long ago--will be missed, but honestly, the rest of it not so much from the perspective of JGR and MY Toyotas.

I know but I'd be surprised if Thorsport replaced their current drivers with TRD development drivers.
That is the interesting piece, isn't it? Established truck teams under the Toyota banner won't necessarily want or need to add/replace drivers. It will be interesting to see what TRD does now. I wonder if the Driver Development will be contracted....

Yeah, the way I think this played out is that Kyle rejected a JGR offer that in Pockrass' words would have put him in the group of the highest paid drivers. He did that because it was out of the JGR savings account rather than with sponsor backing. So, Kyle played hardball anticipating a bigger deal with sponsor backing. It didn't come. That is about the time that Kyle started talking about taking less IMO. Now the price point was established and lower. Poor Richard who couldn't afford Reddick gets a boost from Chevy plus I am sure big support for Kyle's truck team....maybe there is some equity stuff going on as well in some capacity. Kyle sticks it to JGR for something marginally higher or equivalent to what was offered. Big leadership on the part of 23XI in terms of keeping the course, and not being baited into a tempting short term boost. This is about timing and ego. 60,000 foot view.....Is his new deal better than what he had? Not on the surface. Is RCR more competitive than JGR? Nope. Kyle overthought it, and his ego entered the chat. Good luck with that. Looking forward to kicking his ass next year.
1662907097796.gif

It’s started! Rev has turned on Kyle Busch!

Yeah, desperation.....and compromised his good ole boy image to make friends with a guy he hates to do it. Sad.

Desperate or not, it's a smart move. What else should Richard have done once Reddick said he's out? Put Austin Hill or Sheldon Creed in the car?

You're too concerned about image/brand/narrative/whatever. This moves tells me Childress wants to win. Who cares about an incident between them 12+ years ago? Adults are capable of putting their egos aside and moving on.

He's a Chevy guy now! ;)
The hell I am! LOL. I have been consistent with this long before this was even conceivable.....Kyle leaves, and he becomes another guy to beat. Like all of the others, I am looking forward to kicking his ass next year. Good-bye.

I think that JGR made an honest attempt....the wins--however long ago--will be missed, but honestly, the rest of it not so much from the perspective of JGR and MY Toyotas.
Oh that’s salty….I’m sure you rooted for every one of Kyle’s wins since 2008 but I can’t believe this turn is happening. Never thought I’d see it.

Oh that’s salty….I’m sure you rooted for every one of Kyle’s wins since 2008 but I can’t believe this turn is happening. Never thought I’d see it.

Me either.

A few years ago, if you told me I would someday be rooting for Kyle Busch and Rev would be rooting against him, I would have questioned your sanity :XXROFL:

Speculate much?

Yeah, Childress "hates" Kyle after all these years...

You know people can move on from things like that, right?
I know. It's a beautiful love story. Whatever. Desperation makes for strange bedfellows.

Me either.

A few years ago, if you told me I would someday be rooting for Kyle Busch and Rev would be rooting against him, I would have questioned your sanity :XXROFL:
Say what you will, but Rev's position is consistent. He's a fan of the Toyota brand only; the people don't matter.

Me either.

No ****. I completely agree....but honestly....while I would have loved to have kept him, he's gone....and I don't want him to win another race because that would mean that MY Toyotas didn't. While this does hurt, I am not torn in the least.

Say what you will, but Rev's position is consistent. He's a fan of the Toyota brand only; the people don't matter.
bull**** statement. MY brand is the people. The fundamental Toyota principal of "respect for people" is prevalent throughout the company, and something I admire. One guy goes, he becomes the one to beat. That doesn't mean that I will be sticking a middle finger in his face if given the chance, booing him, or yelling **** at his wife and kid the way I have seen so many others at the track when he was in one of MY Toyotas.

Desperate or not, it's a smart move. What else should Richard have done once Reddick said he's out? Put Austin Hill or Sheldon Creed in the car?

You're too concerned about image/brand/narrative/whatever. This moves tells me Childress wants to win. Who cares about an incident between them 12+ years ago? Adults are capable of putting their egos aside and moving on.
Smart move? We'll see how it plays out. Maybe.
Please (and I mean that respectfully) refrain from telling me what I am concerned about.
It would be reasonable to never forget being punched in the face, and holding a grudge over that....but, again, desperation.
This is the part that will be very entertaining.....Watching the "dislikers" turn into apologists for KFB.....

Back
Top Bottom