Silly Season 2023

I wonder what the holdup is in naming Ty to the #18 for next season is?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The 51 truck was the admiral's barge so I would guess Kyle's new crew chief is Brian Pattie when he races it.

You might consider re-reading the question you asked in post 2645.
Not really the question is still the same. I understand why it wouldn't be announced since Coy passed, but why wasn't it announced weeks ago?

Is it a sponsorship issue? Are they trying to rework things after initially saying he would be in Xfinity again next season?

Not really the question is still the same. I understand why it wouldn't be announced since Coy passed, but why wasn't it announced weeks ago?

Is it a sponsorship issue? Are they trying to rework things after initially saying he would be in Xfinity again next season?

Kasey Kahne to the #18.

I have a question for those who know. When does a driver contract generally expire? After the final race? After the Awards Banquet? Or is it more a calendar thing, like 12/31/22?
These aren't driver's contracts, but before the smoke settled at Phoenix, there is a page of personnel changes

Any rumors as to where JHN will land next season? Toyota Xfinity car? To me the logical thing would actually be the #18 in cup next season to allow Ty to move up the following year when MTJ retires. But I just don't see anyway Ty isn't in a cup car next season.

John Hunter was driving the best equipment in trucks for the last couple of years, ran third year before last and didn't make the final 4 in the playoffs and finished 5th in the series this year and he drives like a jerk. So lets send him to cup? Fine with me lol, I love dumb TRD moves myself.

I liked JHN early when he was driving his dad's unsponsored #8 trucks, lost a lot of respect for him after the Mosport clown show he pulled on Custer at the finish, and watching him last year just proves he still hasn't learned anything. Driving like a dickhead and then playing the victim, "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug" or whatever he said. He's a clown.

I haven't been laughing at the JGR comedy of errors the last couple of years, but it has been pretty entertaining though...Now everybody wants to ram Ty into a cup ride. Why? because they screwed over their flagship driver and they have nobody to fill the huge hole he left when they ran him off except an inexperienced kid. JGR had over a year to scrape up some sponsorship, but instead chose to cut off the limb they were sitting on. So it is entirely possible that a driver like JHN could end up in cup driving the 18 and bouncing off walls and fenders like a ping pong ball next year.
Do they think that Gilliland's truck program with the brothers Gray is going to perform at the same level KBM's trucks did? Lol good luck with that. I have a feeling sticking a Toyota decal on the front isn't going to make them any faster.

John Hunter was driving the best equipment in trucks for the last couple of years, ran third year before last and didn't make the final 4 in the playoffs and finished 5th in the series this year and he drives like a jerk. So lets send him to cup? Fine with me lol, I love dumb TRD moves myself.
But it asks the question what better option do they have to replace MTJ in 24? Sammy Smith? Chandler Smith? Unless they plan on stealing someone they need a plan for 24

But it asks the question what better option do they have to replace MTJ in 24? Sammy Smith? Chandler Smith? Unless they plan on stealing someone they need a plan for 24

Chandler Smith is long gone. Kaulig snapped him up for Xfinity. Sammy Smith is another one that I have watched in ARCA and he is very rough around the edges, no way he is cup material with out more tempering.

Maybe JGR will go to three cars in cup and save the headaches
With Joe being 81 and the passing of Coy I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see something like that and having 23XI become the flagship TRD effort.

I hate to do the 20/20 hindsight B.S. but TRD/JGR getting rid of experienced hands with green ones in the various series has been pointed out more than once. It's like Joe thought he was in football and had an endless supply of rookies. If they didn't pan out at the race track after two or three years he was working on replacing them. It doesn't lead to any continuity or security for most of his driver rosters and they are always training training training new drivers. It's chaotic at best and many have jumped over to other teams at the first opportunity and the majority are gone without any prospects.

Kurt Bush will replace him. :headbang:

I haven't been laughing at the JGR comedy of errors the last couple of years, but it has been pretty entertaining though...Now everybody wants to ram Ty into a cup ride. Why? because they screwed over their flagship driver and they have nobody to fill the huge hole he left when they ran him off except an inexperienced kid. JGR had over a year to scrape up some sponsorship, but instead chose to cut off the limb they were sitting on. So it is entirely possible that a driver like JHN could end up in cup driving the 18 and bouncing off walls and fenders like a ping pong ball next year.
Do they think that Gilliland's truck program with the brothers Gray is going to perform at the same level KBM's trucks did? Lol good luck with that. I have a feeling sticking a Toyota decal on the front isn't going to make them any faster.
Cry me a river of tears for KDB getting exactly what he deserved to get. After 15 years of bad attitude and constant boorish, petulant behavior... plus more than a few instances of dirty driving... I have no sympathy for Kyle being forced to sleep in the bed he made. Just my opinion, but not one I'm likely to change, ever.

I'm not sure Martin Truex has decided to retire after 2023. Last Sunday during the race Dale Jr. mentioned about three times that Truex has *not* said he'll retire after '23. I'm thinking that someone has told him that, probably Martin himself, to cause Jr. to say it and then repeat it.

Publicly, Truex thought about retiring this year, and then signed a one-year extension. So I get it that leads to an expectation of just one more year. However, I've always wondered if that was just a cover story for a difficult negotiation between Truex and Gibbs.

I don’t understand what poor behavior Kyle has portrayed lately within the past 5 years other than the entertainment people want

Cry me a river of tears for KDB getting exactly what he deserved to get. After 15 years of bad attitude and constant boorish, petulant behavior... plus more than a few instances of dirty driving... I have no sympathy for Kyle being forced to sleep in the bed he made. Just my opinion, but not one I'm likely to change, ever.
There isn't any crying here. My point was they "put up with", turned their heads on that behavior for years. When the time came when they needed him because they didn't have a suitable replacement YET, they ran him off. So now they have little choice but really green low experience drivers for the top level of Nascar.
While they were at it, they scuttled one of the most successful truck efforts also with no backup plan. Their drivers scattered like the wind.

I'm not sure Martin Truex has decided to retire after 2023. Last Sunday during the race Dale Jr. mentioned about three times that Truex has *not* said he'll retire after '23. I'm thinking that someone has told him that, probably Martin himself, to cause Jr. to say it and then repeat it.

Publicly, Truex thought about retiring this year, and then signed a one-year extension. So I get it that leads to an expectation of just one more year. However, I've always wondered if that was just a cover story for a difficult negotiation between Truex and Gibbs.

I don't see way MTJ races full time beyond 2023. Especially the way he acted following missing the playoffs he looked like he already regretted signing up for another year. If he's not having fun MTJ would rather spend his time in a boat or in the woods than at a race track.

Also maybe it's just me, but I'd like to see him retire. He has nothing left to prove and still has his health. With Sherry's unknown health life is too short. Take off now and enjoy what you got.

I don’t understand what poor behavior Kyle has portrayed lately within the past 5 years other than the entertainment people want
Also Kyle did mention in some previous interview
he was encouraged to be the Kyle everyone hates

Back
Top Bottom