Silly Season 2024

Biggest news here is he may run an Xfinity program to get up to speed on ovals rather than jump straight into the deep end with a full-time Cup program.

Reddit is in shambles. They were so sure he didn’t need Xfinity and would jump to Cup and win more races immediately.

I need to stop reading that place…

Not knowing if SVG is bringing sponsorship or not, one thing in his favor is that a driver like he is will attract sponsorship if he hasn't any (which I doubt). Either way I can't see that being an issue wherever he goes. I would think picking a team where he fits in and they have decent equipment will be what he is looking for.
Well it depends, right?

I mean, if Gibbs is eyeing him then there won't be any outside sponsorship to be found. If any Chevy team wants him, they'll probably find a way to get Lowe's and Home Depot back in the sport on the same car.

People move home and family across oceans to run in the B Main?

I don’t think so.
When was the last time someone won the first race they entered?

It’s the simulator age … the world has changed.
The man said it himself. Seems to me he'd know best what series he needs to start in.

The man said it himself. Seems to me he'd know best what series he needs to start in.
“I don't have a plan, hopefully I'll work it out when I'm over there."

Whoever ends up cutting his paychecks will have a plan … and I’d be willing to bet it includes a full time ride in a chartered Cup car and a monthly room rental at the motel closest to the manufacturer’s full-boat simulator.

Danica had a set plan to run full Nationwide and partial Cup ahead of her full Cup debut one year later.
Back in the Mesozoic era, the Cup and Nationwide series both used what amounted to common cars.

Gen 7 and current simulator technology gave changed a lot of things, including the number of drivers running both classes at companion events.

Well it depends, right?

I mean, if Gibbs is eyeing him then there won't be any outside sponsorship to be found. If any Chevy team wants him, they'll probably find a way to get Lowe's and Home Depot back in the sport on the same car.
Looking for friends in all the wrong places.

Kaulig doesn't have a successful Cup program. I bet they are interested in SVG, but would SVG be interested in them? Trackhouse, RCR?, 23tennis shoe, RFK, even long shot SHR could have space for another car. Getting a charter gives me a headache and it tips the scales to a Kaulig who does have one.
Xfinity would be a much easier place to get a deal done. Jr would be looking, SHR, Gibbs, RCR, Kaulig, all of them could make room for another full time ride.

On average, prize money per event for Cup Series competitors is approx 6 times greater than what is available for Xfinity teams.

How much does a 3 time Supercars Champion with 80 race wins cost? 😇

I don't know what his contract with Chevy looks like but I suspect they'd like to keep him in the fold. If so, that points to Jr, RCR, or maybe Kaulig.
I think they’d probably like to sign him over anyone else after what he did for the Chevy brand at Chicago but he doesn’t really have any existing Chevy connection, GM aren’t involved over there in a factory capacity anymore like Ford are since they killed the Holden name (which is what ~90% of his accomplishments were in).

I also found it a bit odd that he said he was certain he was going to America in 2024 but wasn’t sure if he’d be full-time. He could be wanting to keep it a bit measured until he has a firm deal in place but that seemed weird.

I also found it a bit odd that he said he was certain he was going to America in 2024 but wasn’t sure if he’d be full-time. He could be wanting to keep it a bit measured until he has a firm deal in place but that seemed weird.
He's doing part time now. All I have read are other people doing the talking for him second hand and writing articles. More will be revealed I guess :idunno:

Seems like Carson Hocevar is either going to the Spire #77 or JRM.
Yeah he is probably going somewhere. He said he didn't have a job next year, I find that hard to believe after how well he is doing. He's out performing Chastain in the same truck team.

will nascar let svg race daytona . i thought you had to run some other races first??? that would mess him up going for a championship in what ever class he races.

FB_IMG_1690916130993.jpg

Huh, I hope Noah at least stays in Cup. I think he's great for the sport but hard to say where he could land now with SVG and (sounds like) Hocevar in the mix for Cup rides. Spire-Andretti with Hocevar and Noah together would be really cool imo, couple of young guns. And we already know that both Haley and Ty Dillon are gone, so it's possible.

Jones is in 28th place, Gragson is in 33rd.
That doesn’t fully put into perspective how atrocious Gragson has been. He has 60% of Erik’s points total, and that’s inclusive of Erik’s 60-point penalty.

He’s the only full-time driver with more DNFs (6) than lead-lap finishes (4). Ty Dillon is next-worst with 9 lead-lap finishes, while BJ McLeod has as just as many as Noah while on a part-time schedule.

LMC have their organizational issues but he’s been exceptionally terrible on track.

Huh, I hope Noah at least stays in Cup. I think he's great for the sport but hard to say where he could land now with SVG and (sounds like) Hocevar in the mix for Cup rides. Spire-Andretti with Hocevar and Noah together would be really cool imo, couple of young guns. And we already know that both Haley and Ty Dillon are gone, so it's possible.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gragson already has something lined up. If he does we will probably know in a couple weeks.

Gragson hasn’t done himself any favors in the pr department, especially getting bitch slapped by Ross when trying to act tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gragson hasn’t done himself any favors in the pr department, especially getting bitch slapped by Ross when trying to act tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trying to act tough? Ha ha, he was about to throw punch (who knows if it would have landed) and the security guy grabbed him...

Yeah right, Bobby and Donnie and Cale, Kyle Busch and Logano, Harvick many times. Fighting didn't make squat to any of their reps.

Bianchi also said Harry Burton is likely to return to the 21. 🥱
I even heard if Aric decides to retire... Harrison maybe considered.

Love the guy, a wonderful young man, but I need to see more out of him in the 21 before moving up to SHR.

Gragson probably will end up at Kaulig and JHN will move to the 42. Barring on what GM decides to move forward with Gragson or not.

Brandon Jones back to the 9 in Xfinity next year as well.

Wonder if Johnson will stay part time with Legacy next year or end it? Would like to see another part time season. Don't want to see his career end on this season's poor performance.

Back
Top Bottom