Silly Season 2024

I could see it, Toyota seemed happy to have Gragson back, but perhaps they want Nemecheck in Cup more at the moment and would thus put him in with JGR in Xfinity to get the confidence back up.

I even heard if Aric decides to retire... Harrison maybe considered.

Love the guy, a wonderful young man, but I need to see more out of him in the 21 before moving up to SHR.

Gragson probably will end up at Kaulig and JHN will move to the 42. Barring on what GM decides to move forward with Gragson or not.

Brandon Jones back to the 9 in Xfinity next year as well.
I don't think either Harrison, Custer or Herbst would be an upgrade over Aric.
It's great that Harrison is a good guy but that doesn't earn him a Cup ride. His performance in the Wood Brothers car has been extremely underwhelming.

Not surprised about Jones. 2023 has been a terrible season for him but overall he's been a solid Xfinity lifer through the years and obviously brings money.

Zane Smith come on down!

I started dating a girl about 9 months ago and got her into Nascar and she now LOVES IT!! I told her to pick a driver and she picks Zane Smith. Shocker, he's a handsome fella now isnt he. lolol

I say that because I really hope he lands a cup ride.

Zane Smith come on down!

I started dating a girl about 9 months ago and got her into Nascar and she now LOVES IT!! I told her to pick a driver and she picks Zane Smith. Shocker, he's a handsome fella now isnt he. lolol

I say that because I really hope he lands a cup ride.
I wish I had Zane Smith's woman 😂

Would it be worth the social media pressure that people would put on sponsors to avoid you like the plague once you hired them?
Wouldn't matter. Gragson isn't performing at Cup level, and Burrito isn't rewriting the Truck record books. On the up side, an owner wouldn't have to worry about another team hiring either away.

What's even worse is the meme isn't relevant, thought provoking, OR funny. It's pointless and dumb on so many levels besides just the obvious one. If you're going to get suspended from your job over a joke Noah, make sure it's a LOT better than this idiocy.
Gonna be honest think he was just scrolling and liking on IG.

Since JHN won't be able to get the 42 ride until 2024 (when the Chevy affiliation ends) I just thought of something.

SVG is going to run a truck oval race soon, but what if he worked out a deal to get a few starts in the 42 as well? No pressure to go run top 5 because the car was last in points of all full-time entries anyway. It's a Chevy, and he's a current GM driver/driving Chevys. It would get Legacy some much needed positive attention. And it would help him understand what driving these cars on ovals is like before he inks a deal for next year in any NASCAR division. Seems like a no-brainer for all parties to me. The car is even already being mostly self-funded by Gallagher companies, right?

Since JHN won't be able to get the 42 ride until 2024 (when the Chevy affiliation ends) I just thought of something.

SVG is going to run a truck oval race soon, but what if he worked out a deal to get a few starts in the 42 as well? No pressure to go run top 5 because the car was last in points of all full-time entries anyway. It's a Chevy, and he's a current GM driver/driving Chevys. It would get Legacy some much needed positive attention. And it would help him understand what driving these cars on ovals is like before he inks a deal for next year in any NASCAR division. Seems like a no-brainer for all parties to me. The car is even already being mostly self-funded by Gallagher companies, right?

I think it makes sense. It's a low stakes environment where he can learn how the Gen 7 handles on ovals and acclimate himself before going full time next year. If he doesn't run well, no one will hold it against him. The guy has A LOT of pressure on him from people who think he'll hop in and be competitive right away. Running a less than competitive car while he gets up to speed should alleviate that pressure.

Tbh as bad as Gragson has been, I’m sure he’s still light years ahead of SVG on ovals. If the car is really that bad it could actually cost SVG some opportunities. What if he somehow ends up running even worse?

I think Berry actually makes a lot of sense. It gets him some extra experience before next year, and, while both him and Legacy are still tied to Chevy for this year, both will be leaving Chevy next year.

Makes sense to work together now IMO even if they aren’t both leaving to the same manufacturer. No need for Legacy to help develop another Chevy guy tbh.

Bold prediction could be that since he’s started driving a JGR Toyota in Xfinity some this year, maybe we get Joe Graf Jr to the 42. Seems to at least be almost at the level of that team this year. :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit:

If the car is really that bad it could actually cost SVG some opportunities.
While Jones isn't setting the world on fire, he has 65% more points than Gragson in what is probably comparable equipment.
No need for Legacy to help develop another Chevy guy tbh.
But yeah, this.

Things must have been pretty bad between Truex and Pollack last year. They did announce their break up in January. All last season, Truex looked down and uninspired. I was really surprised he came back. Things ended between the two of them and he looks like a new man on the racetrack. Just goes to show not all performance issues have anything to do with on-track issues.

I might be wrong but I don't think he's out of the sport. Kyle got suspended, fired and came out with an upgrade
He's getting treated like everybody else, sensitivity training classes, etc. He has to go thru the process. If he doesn't, he gets to join Jeremy Mayfield driving some piece of junk late model somewhere.

He's getting treated like everybody else, sensitivity training classes, etc. He has to go thru the process. If he doesn't, he gets to join Jeremy Mayfield driving some piece of junk late model somewhere.
He'll also have to find an owner and sponsors willing to give him another shot. He isn't a Larson-level talent, so he's probably looking at an Xfinity ride at best.

He'll also have to find an owner and sponsors willing to give him another shot. He isn't a Larson-level talent, so he's probably looking at an Xfinity ride at best.
I was thinking Trucks if he was lucky. He's a talent, proven winner in the lower series so he has that going for him. He needs more education to be aware of the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom