Silly Season 2024

Well, if he did something to turn Rackley against him, it sure would be nice to know what it was. Regardless of the money spent or who's chassis were used, I feel like that team underwhelmed the whole time Matt was there. Seeing his performance in other lesser cars, I have a difficult time believing the lack of performance rested only with him. Just an opinion.
Wouldn't say underwhelmed, the team has grown into a top 10 truck on a weekly basis. Matt just was not in the plans long-term. I think he will be a good stepping stone for the next driver to guage off of.

Me personally, on the outside looking in. It all boiled down to money. Owner paying out of pocket for two years may have been too much to continue.

It may of been temporary, but probably shouldn't have been.

The issue at first is that Penske wanted the 21 for Cindric. DiBenedetto was aware of this fact but thought he could get back into the 21 when Keselowski left and Cindric was moved to the 2. Harrison Burton was supposed to take Dex to Penske's Xfinity team. Instead of trying to find himself some funding and trying to hustle for other rides, Matt just banked on getting back into the 21. It didn't work out for him.

On merit, Matt should still be in the 21 but Harrison had money and he didn't.

yeah. I like Harrison but he’s not done anything much better in the 21 car. Like maybe worse. Matt at least came close to winning sometimes in the car.

None after Roger finished what he set out to accomplish there. One of the Erebus guys said Childress wants to go make a trip out there though, so he may be interested in getting involved.

I think at the very least at this point we owe them a Kyle Larson or Chase Elliott one-off at Adelaide in late November though. 😁
:D

A lot of David Ragan or A.J. guesses. Ragan does some work for Ford :idunno:
Ragans ears match more...
ZomboDroid_28112023105654.png

It could be Ragan but to me it doesn't make sense to the future plan of RFK. Besides building a program its not like you'd be developing a driver for a future cup seat

I must confess that if I were putting together a one-off for the D500, David Ragan would not be the first person to leap to mind. Are he and Kez close buddies? If not, isn't Brendan Gaughan still out there and no longer tied to Chevy? Or maybe Almirola for a one-time shot? Some of Ford's better Xfinity drivers?

I must confess that if I were putting together a one-off for the D500, David Ragan would not be the first person to leap to mind. Are he and Kez close buddies? If not, isn't Brendan Gaughan still out there and no longer tied to Chevy? Or maybe Almirola for a one-time shot? Some of Ford's better Xfinity drivers?
David is one heck of a plate racer, im sure anyone in the garage would tell ya that

Basically these 3 paragraphs
Screenshot_20231129_155549_NASCAR.jpg

More than who the driver is, (either Ragan or Almirola would be good choices) what's the end game for RFK? What are they hoping to accomplish by fielding a third car with a driver that's clearly not in line for a future seat at RFK? Is this laying the groundwork for a third team? This seems quite different from the Project 91 deal.

Back
Top Bottom