Silly Season 2024

The RTA will win this argument.

The Charter teams are the The Show.
Are they?

Recent events have shown us that if these guys don't want to play there's a line of people willing to spend some serious money to joint the show. Honestly the higher the charter prices go I feel the less leverage the owners have.

Are they?

Recent events have shown us that if these guys don't want to play there's a line of people willing to spend some serious money to joint the show. Honestly the higher the charter prices go I feel the less leverage the owners have.
Are there 30 or so people lined up to run all the Cup races?

The leverage lies in the number of RTA charters, not their value.

Are there 30 or so people lined up to run all the Cup races?

The leverage lies in the number of RTA charters, not their value.
Owners or drivers? Either way I'd say there's probably way more than 30 for both. They have the new car so owning a team from a logistics standpoint is pretty easy now.

We’re talking about owners, the RTA and their charters.

Easy. Right.

We’re talking about owners, the RTA and their charters.

Easy. Right.
Really easy. They have to show up or they forfeit their charters, nascar now controls all the equipment and you have a line of people wanting to get into the sport.

The only sticking point would be if engine manufactures held out. Even in that case they've shown they can run a common engine if needed (just like the truck series does now). Owners will never find or create another series that will pay them what nascar is.

Recent events have shown us that if these guys don't want to play there's a line of people willing to spend some serious money to joint the show
Anybody we'd want to watch for 400 miles? Based on performances in the lower series, much of that will be under yellow. There's also the question of whether the series sponsors and broadcast partners will pay for or even show ScabCAR.

It has been a busy week

1701990728848.jpeg

Anybody we'd want to watch for 400 miles? Based on performances in the lower series, much of that will be under yellow. There's also the question of whether the series sponsors and broadcast partners will pay for or even show ScabCAR.
It comes down to legal terms but I don't think a lot of the current up drivers couldn't afford to sit around and do nothing based on their current lifestyles. So IMO they'd still be racing in the top series under different owners. I'd imagine most contracts stipulate that they must be provided a entry in the top nascar series and I don't think many owners would be willing to pay salaries to anyone if they aren't running running a car.

The series sponsors, broadcast partners and OEM's are they ones the RTA has on their side.

Andretti has said he wants to race in the Truck series this year but so far I haven't seen anything solid that says he is going to.
I'm surprised we haven't seen really anything about the spire truck teams yet, that's where I'd expect him to run

It seemed to work out well for a certain team out of Welcome, NC

It's actually Shohei Ohtani. He's signing with the Boston Red Sox and his deal includes limited starts for Roush Fenway Keselowski.
I don't follow baseball. Is he seriously getting seat time? What's his experience or qualifications? And does Kez come out of the bullpen in relief?

I don't follow baseball. Is he seriously getting seat time? What's his experience or qualifications? And does Kez come out of the bullpen in relief?

Only player to pitch and hit full time in 100 years so he’s very good at multitasking. He can’t be worse than half of the Truck field at driving. He tends to overachieve so I expect him to point his way into the playoffs.

Keselowski will also manage the Red Sox baseball operations now.

Their referencing RCR but ignoring they didn't have a high level success for over a decade after they first raced in 69
True, but he credits the money he made that weekend with advancing his racing career substantially.

I said this last year when drivers kept bitching about the Gen 7: The drivers hold all the leverage. Sponsors are there for the drivers, not the teams. Sponsors are increasingly following drivers from team to team. If the drivers are serious about getting change, they need to unionize.

I was then shouted down by people who insisted that that isn't part of NASCAR's "culture" and that you would have a whole army of guys willing to step into rides. The latter point is true, but there's no shortage of guys who want to play Major League Baseball. However, there's a shortage of guys can do it well. Athletes in other sports figured out how much leverage they have, NASCAR drivers have not.

I said this last year when drivers kept bitching about the Gen 7: The drivers hold all the leverage. Sponsors are there for the drivers, not the teams. Sponsors are increasingly following drivers from team to team. If the drivers are serious about getting change, they need to unionize.

I was then shouted down by people who insisted that that isn't part of NASCAR's "culture" and that you would have a whole army of guys willing to step into rides. The latter point is true, but there's no shortage of guys who want to play Major League Baseball. However, there's a shortage of guys can do it well. Athletes in other sports figured out how much leverage they have, NASCAR drivers have not.
Maybe you could give some shining examples of Sponsors increasingly following drivers around.

Back
Top Bottom