Silly Season 2024

Giving those guys that salary for being unproven in cup and the ability to run some of the best equipment around isn't a bad deal at all. You know racing for HMS your stock can only go up.

Would you take $750k a year to run a RWR car or $500k a year to run a HMS car?
I think you're misunderstanding. Even the rookie contracts from big teams in Cup used to be larger. And the option isn't $500k for HMS or $750k for RWR...

Also your stock cannot only go up when you run a Hendrick car. Look at Jerry Nadeau and the slew of other drivers that were in and out of the 25 car for all that time. Plus Kasey Kahne and Casey Mears.

They lost two big sponsors in Smithfield and Busch. Hunt Brothers Pizza is also gone. There are some gaping holes on the 4 and 10 right now and Gene is already running the 41 mostly out of pocket. I suspect that there are some deals that haven't been announced or at least I hope so (for their sake).
Never know.

SHR lost sponsors, but they are not hurting for funds. We'll see when the time comes.

I think you're misunderstanding. Even the rookie contracts from big teams in Cup used to be larger. And the option isn't $500k for HMS or $750k for RWR...

Also your stock cannot only go up when you run a Hendrick car. Look at Jerry Nadeau and the slew of other drivers that were in and out of the 25 car for all that time. Plus Kasey Kahne and Casey Mears.
I would love to see one shred of concrete evidence that any of you R-F salary experts could provide to back up any claim as to who is making how much and when. And no, some posts of Hollywood chasing the stars type web sites don't count.

I would love to see one shred of concrete evidence that any of you R-F salary experts could provide to back up any claim as to who is making how much and when. And no, some posts of Hollywood chasing the stars type web sites don't count.

This Jimmie Johnson guy might be a credible source: https://nesn.com/2021/11/jimmie-johnson-nascar-driver-pay-salary-net-worth-money-down/

Important quote:

“The great fortune of being a top driver is that a 50% reduction is still a big number. I’ve heard rumors where these drivers can’t afford permanent or temporary insurance, which is kind of standard issue in a sport with so much risk. You hear drivers go, ‘I can’t afford it. I’m not going to do it.’ “

Some podcaster named Dale also offered some insight:

6 year old podcast from Jr.
2 year old JJ drivel...
Both were commenting post recession also and none were naming numbers. I don't dispute they are making less, but at the present time, this isn't post recession and the series has been stable after Covid. Again no hard numbers. The numbers we do have is the TV contracts for the next 7 years and they are up significantly.

I mean idk how credible the sources are:
Seeing Reddick as an RCR driver on the list is suspect.
It wouldn't be hard for Hamlin and Co to snipe Reddick away if that figure was accurate though. I don't think Revman would ever believe Kyle Busch would get paid that much from "poor Richard" lol.

I think what this place fails to realize is that salary is just a portion of driver income. Another thing is how much of merchandise sales the drivers get. I've heard of that discussed and some drivers are getting a lot more of that than others as far as percentage. Pretty sure Dale Sr. made way more money selling stuff than he ever did driving a car.

It wouldn't be hard for Hamlin and Co to snipe Reddick away if that figure was accurate though. I don't think Revman would ever believe Kyle Busch would get paid that much from "poor Richard" lol.
How much $ is that per spin? ....but Poor Richard couldn't afford Reddick? That wine sipping' good ole boy loves him a narrative doesn't he?

@StandOnIt loves him some Sportscasting.
Always good to have multiple sources. In your case, your two sources are your imagination AND your yappy mouth.
From a Forbes article. Note that Sold out Joe is splitting his 4 ways compared to Richard dam Childress. Live and learn grasshopper.

1702571282671.png

I think what this place fails to realize is that salary is just a portion of driver income. Another thing is how much of merchandise sales the drivers get. I've heard of that discussed and some drivers are getting a lot more of that than others as far as percentage. Pretty sure Dale Sr. made way more money selling stuff than he ever did driving a car.
NASCAR took away the souvenir business. Everyone has their hand in the pot now.
That's why t-shirts and hats look the same from team to team these days.
That's also why Larson said he makes more on souvenir sales from his dirt racing than from NASCAR.

While I agree with you, Dale Sr partially owned Chase Authentics, so it's like if Chase Elliott owned Fanatics these days.

I can also mention that within the last few months, it was brough up on DNC how few drivers and crew chiefs have their own coach anymore, which used to be standard equipment. When I was in motorhome lots as late as 2003, there were SO MANY coaches at Michigan, they had an overflow lot. Guys not even fast enough to make the field had a bus. Now I'm told they are 90% empty. Also, other than a SELECT few, (Harvick did, Chase does, don't know about Kyle and Denny) nobody has their own airplane anymore. Most are either riding the team plane or bumming a ride from one of the few that still do. And I know you were making a crack about the insurance thing, but it brings up an important point. While a salary of 500K might sound great to an average person, keep in mind that as an independent contractor, nearly all of their expenses incurred are coming out of THEIR pocket. That includes taxes, insurance, your agent, transportation, travel expenses, the list goes on and on. At the end of the day, those numbers can become SHOCKINGLY low. I know a couple of years ago, Alex Bowman posted some pictures of his dogs in his house, and I remember thinking that from what you could see, his house didn't look any more expensive than MINE.

I can also mention that within the last few months, it was brough up on DNC how few drivers and crew chiefs have their own coach anymore, which used to be standard equipment. When I was in motorhome lots as late as 2003, there were SO MANY coaches at Michigan, they had an overflow lot. Guys not even fast enough to make the field had a bus. Now I'm told they are 90% empty. Also, other than a SELECT few, (Harvick did, Chase does, don't know about Kyle and Denny) nobody has their own airplane anymore. Most are either riding the team plane or bumming a ride from one of the few that still do. And I know you were making a crack about the insurance thing, but it brings up an important point. While a salary of 500K might sound great to an average person, keep in mind that as an independent contractor, nearly all of their expenses incurred are coming out of THEIR pocket. That includes taxes, insurance, your agent, transportation, travel expenses, the list goes on and on. At the end of the day, those numbers can become SHOCKINGLY low. I know a couple of years ago, Alex Bowman posted some pictures of his dogs in his house, and I remember thinking that from what you could see, his house didn't look any more expensive than MINE.
works for me lol.
Single guy in his 20's Alex Bowman's house Alex Bowman's racing shop.
1702578544287.jpeg
1702578630766.jpeg

90% empty
MIS to Add High End Campground Overlooking Turn One - JTV JacksonMIS to Add High End Campground Overlooking Turn One - JTV Jackson

MIS to Add High End Campground Overlooking Turn One​

1702578841282.jpeg

Ok, Alex must have stepped up, because that is clearly not the house I saw in those pictures. What does the Michigan pictures have to do with how many drivers and crew chiefs have their own coaches?

Ok, Alex must have stepped up, because that is clearly not the house I saw in those pictures. What does the Michigan pictures have to do with how many drivers and crew chiefs have their own coaches?
I'm waiting for your troll to show the empty lot bud. Where is it? I'm showing these poor broke Nascar fans.

Ford Supercars driver Cam Waters confirmed he’ll be looking for partial NASCAR drives next season. He’s a Monster Energy athlete and is expected to carry their support over to America.

Waters is expected to make three Monster-backed race appearances with RFK next season.

Waters is expected to make three Monster-backed race appearances with RFK next season.

Well we had the open wheel invasion of the 2000's time for the Supercar invasion of the 2020's

Imagine if Shane, Brodie and Cam were to all go full-time Cup in 2025 and we had an Ultimate Aussie rookie of the year battle?

Back
Top Bottom