Silly Season 2024

But where will Chase Briscoe and Ryan Preece end up when Stewart Haas Racing dies, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS, at the hands of Josh Berry? 🤭

Just to be fair to him, even though I don't like him... Hes not afraid to spend money in support of sports organizations. How this will relate him owning a race team I dont know.
Someone will have to tell him that you can't tank for the next great driver coming up though.

Caution: Brett Griffin or Freddie Kraft coming in hot and vague.

Then there is this( for the record, they called LMC switching to Toyota before it was announced, and some other things, they seem to be very well connected )

Jr buys into SHR(maybe Harvick too), SHR switches to Chevy......

lol no Jr to SHR, gotta love the silly season rumors.

Then there is this( for the record, they called LMC switching to Toyota before it was announced, and some other things, they seem to be very well connected )

Jr buys into SHR(maybe Harvick too), SHR switches to Chevy......

Yeah, saw that running rampant on reddit. And I'm well aware Brett is plugged in.

Only way Jr will probably be able to get into Cup is probably buying into a team. But I think if he did, it be RCR.

The Tony selling to Jr and then SHR switching to Chevy rumor was useful for a good laugh this morning.

Also anybody spreading the rumor of Harrison Burton to the 10 it isn't gonna happen.

I could conceivably see the Burton to the 10 part. I wouldn’t like it but I could see it.

Funny enough, Tony said earlier in the conference that he wasn’t about taking a guy with a check from a rich dad. I suppose a check from bacon people and Haas sponsoring connected kids of SHR executives is technically different.

Berry is a really cool story though. He’ll be 33 and getting his big shot in Cup after many years of short track racing. That’s a lot of hard work put in in the old school manner.

I saw some people speculating that Dale Jr. would be the one to move to Ford.

Reddit is a trash bin, I don’t engage but it’s sometimes good for a laugh.
saw it on Twitter before I saw it on Reddit, I was amused both times.

That moment when you just say “**** driver development”

The 98 is a pay ride so I assume Mears is bringing cash.
I think I posted something bad, I'll wait for better sources. I couldnt delete fast enough. Huge apologies and my mistake.

Only way Jr will probably be able to get into Cup is probably buying into a team. But I think if he did, it be RCR.

He's waiting out to see if the charter system value is a bubble.

Speaking of, I thought of this a few days ago. The charter system is essentially an unregulated free market. NASCAR cannot control their values. Now we're in this mess of charters costing too much and discouraging new teams from entering... all because of a few moves happening too quickly in time (Trackhouse, 23XI). NASCAR can/should try to control the value of these charters with it's distribution of prize money for the Open teams. Charters are expensive? Increase the prize money awarded to the open teams so that running with a charter isn't financially necessary to run a full-season... charter prices will go down. Charters get too cheap? Decrease the prize money to the open teams so that running with a charter becomes more important/valuable... drive their value up.

Seeing cup fields of 36 is painful. No this is not a car count deathbedder post... hear me out. 5-10 years ago Xfinity field car counts were not always full and truck fields were in the high 20s at some events with far travel. Today both series have full fields with 2-3 cars going home most weeks. These cost-cutting measures that NASCAR has implemented work. But the charter/open system in Cup is preventing new owners from breaking into it. There's 10+ more trucks running week-to-week than 10 years ago.... that's a great sign of health. Would a handful try Cup if they could? They essentially can't today, unfortunately.

Reddit is being reddit and speculating that this is the "dancing" CouchRacer was talking about

Now we're in this mess of charters costing too much and discouraging new teams from entering... all because of a few moves happening too quickly in time (Trackhouse, 23XI).

Are there any charters currently available for sale?

Seeing cup fields of 36 is painful.

Is it though? We used to see 43 car field where at least 5 cars were either moving chicanes or start and parks. What NASCAR needs to do is get rid of this charter leasing and swapping crap and actually enforce performance standards. RWR shouldn't be able to hoard charters and strategically swap them to avoid a performance penalty. If charters were seized by NASCAR for nonperformance and put on the market, the price would go down.

Back
Top Bottom