Silly Season 2024

Tbh even with his experience at a smaller team it’s way too soon to tell. A few years ago the same was said about Byron and a lot of you guys were even calling him a bust etc. Look at him now this season.
Even Almirola has a top ten so far. ranked 26th, Preece is ranked 25th sheesh. Williim Byron was never close to being that bad

Even Almirola has a top ten so far. ranked 26th, Preece is ranked 25th sheesh. Williim Byron was never close to being that bad
Just an example that it’s just way too early to say. Maybe even a couple of years too early. No one said he will ever be as good as Byron is this year. I’m not sure even Tony ever thought Preece can be THAT good. But even half as good in the future will make him a deserving Cup driver tbh.

Just that it very often can take several years to find out, not weeks/months. I’m still not sure on Preece one way or the other.
Hell I’m still not sure we’re seeing even close to Byron’s ceiling yet. But who knows.

Just an example that it’s just way too early to say. Maybe even a couple of years too early. No one said he will ever be as good as Byron is this year. I’m not sure even Tony ever thought Preece can be THAT good. But even half as good in the future will make him a deserving Cup driver tbh.

Just that it very often can take several years to find out, not weeks/months. I’m still not sure on Preece one way or the other.
Hell I’m still not sure we’re seeing even close to Byron’s ceiling. But who knows.
4 full time seasons in cup driving for two different teams and the highest Preece has scored is 25th place. I think SHR made a mistake myself.

4 full time seasons in cup driving for two different teams and the highest Preece has scored is 25th place. I think SHR made a mistake myself.
Cole Custer in 3 seasons had a 16th a 26 and a 25 overall finish in cup and he is gone.

Hell I’m still not sure we’re seeing even close to Byron’s ceiling yet. But who knows.
He also has Chad Johnston as Crew Chief. Unfortunately had to experince him as a Stewart, Larson, and Truex fan.

He also has Chad Johnston as Crew Chief. Unfortunately had to experince him as a Stewart, Larson, and Truex fan.
Tbf, Willy had Chad f’n Knaus as a crew chief when this was being said about him. And he honestly sucked at the time. Look at him now.

Think about how much that says for chemistry etc….

Frankie Muniz may be in the market for A Truck or Xfinity ride next year.
If he brings money, no one is going out for a 30 something actor based on skill.

He just finished two laps down in the ARCA race at Berlin.

Frankie is a long way from being competitive. I respect him for living his dream but he's essentially a gentleman driver in his late 30s competing against guys who started racing at 5 years old.
Tbh, mostly everyone did lol. Jesse Love was kicking ass. I’m not sure if you can really go off that. Without any yellows, probably the whole field is 2, maybe more down.

Frankie is a long way from being competitive. I respect him for living his dream but he's essentially a gentleman driver in his late 30s competing against guys who started racing at 5 years old.

Frankie also isn’t half bad considering his experience level relative to the competition. It is ARCA so that isn’t saying much though.

30 team isn't the fastest in the garage. He has kept the car clean and has been relatively fast.

At least this answers the question as to what could happen to JGR in the future with both of Joe's sons being dead.

Sold out.
Sold up … family accounts got a nice cash injection while retaining majority ownership and management. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Another group with ownership / equity in NHL, NBA, NFL teams sees the future value of NASCAR franchises. Imagine that.

Sold up … family accounts got a nice cash injection while retaining majority ownership and management. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Another group with ownership / equity in NHL, NBA, NFL teams sees the future value of NASCAR franchises. Imagine that.
Except now you have take into account the views of people who are not necessarily nuanced in the intricacies of auto racing. As I said, there is always a first time, but I can't think of an example where a team has gotten better after taking this route.

Back
Top Bottom