Silly Season 2024

So if it's Hocevar in the 77 and JHN in the 42. Who gets the 31 and the 10?

So many think Gragson is a shoe-in for a Cup ride.

I don’t think he has a hope in hell.

I think Kaulig is his only shot. He needs an owner who doesn’t need external sponsors.

But I also vaguely remember Haley leaving because Kaulig no longer wanted to self sponsor.

I think Kaulig is his only shot. He needs an owner who doesn’t need external sponsors.

But I also vaguely remember Haley leaving because Kaulig no longer wanted to self sponsor.
That's what I read too. Kaulig wants someone that can bring in outside sponsors. Gragson won't be that driver.

So there’s a rumor within the garage that 23XI have had talks with Ford? Probably just a leverage play on the team’s part for now, but it makes you wonder. Also, SHR deal with Ford sounds like it’s up after 2024.

I've heard multiple times that SHR is going back to Chevy as soon as next year but looks like 2025. So entirely possible.

Zane maybe, just maybe taking the 10 car.

Also, supposedly Smithfield really likes Zane as well. Almirola was not even expected to even come back this season because he genuinely wanted to spend more time with family.

I think Zane takes the 10 as I've heard WBR is going to give Harrison another season. Not sure how long his leash is if this happens next year.

On stacking pennies Justin said he felt confident that he could get another one year deal with Kaulig, but at this point in his life he wanted more security. So I don't think sponsorship was a huge obstacle for them

Denny got right into it on the new Actions Detrimental podcast. Go to 5:55 into the show for what he has to say. He says he and JGR are ready with HIS contract, but before that gets signed the 23XI alliance with JGR and the Toyota team deal need to get done. Sounds like 23XI is asking big from Toyota (buy us a charter!).

edited to fix show link

Denny got right into it on the new Actions Detrimental podcast. Go to 5:55 into the show for what he has to say. He says he and JGR are ready with HIS contract, but before that gets signed the 23XI alliance with JGR and the Toyota team deal need to get done. Sounds like 23XI is asking big from Toyota (buy us a charter!).

edited to fix show link
If this is what is playing out (per your conjecture), narcissist Hambone is REALLY playing hard ball leverage with Toyota. Basically he’s squeezing them for massive money to buy a third charter, using the threat of both leaving preacher AND moving 23XI to a different badge (a la the Ford chatter) if he doesn’t get it all. Personally I think this is why it was wrong for NASCAR to allow him to drive for one team and be co-owner of a different team. IF he is doing this, it is a major manipulation of two ownership teams AND a major manufacturer in the sport.

If this is what is playing out (per your conjecture), narcissist Hambone is REALLY playing hard ball leverage with Toyota. Basically he’s squeezing them for massive money to buy a third charter, using the threat of both leaving preacher AND moving 23XI to a different badge (a la the Ford chatter) if he doesn’t get it all. Personally I think this is why it was wrong for NASCAR to allow him to drive for one team and be co-owner of a different team. IF he is doing this, it is a major manipulation of two ownership teams.
Nah, it's OK, because in the end it's just business.

And yeah, playing hardball and talking a HUGE risk (or playing an equally huge bluff). Ford should see through this...but if they really want Hamlin and 23XI...anything can happen.

If this is what is playing out (per your conjecture), narcissist Hambone is REALLY playing hard ball leverage with Toyota. Basically he’s squeezing them for massive money to buy a third charter, using the threat of both leaving preacher AND moving 23XI to a different badge (a la the Ford chatter) if he doesn’t get it all. Personally I think this is why it was wrong for NASCAR to allow him to drive for one team and be co-owner of a different team. IF he is doing this, it is a major manipulation of two ownership teams AND a major manufacturer in the sport.
Maybe that's the real reason why Toyota was shopping for a third team as a contingency plan when they brought Legacy over.

O he won't. He would be In a Ford too.
What if he is the one to go to the #10, with an SHR-23XI alliance similar to the JGR one? He was a teammate to Tony for a long time, and with the rest of their lineup so young they really need a veteran or at least someone more established once Harvick is gone IMO.

What if he is the one to go to the #10, with an SHR-23XI alliance similar to the JGR one? He was a teammate to Tony for a long time, and with the rest of their lineup so young they really need a veteran or at least someone more established once Harvick is gone IMO.
Interesting idea but I think Denny would drive for his own team even unchartered before driving an SHR dump truck right now to end his career.

If it happens in my opinion it would only be a one-year deal because I truly believe that Stuart Haas is going back to Chevy

SHR brings nothing to the table compared to Gibbs.

Back
Top Bottom