Silly Season 2024

If my name was Tony Stewart I’d sell everything and concentrate solely on what I loved doing.

I think a lot of SHR's destiny will be determined from the OEM side. If Ford dumps them as a major partner.....what then? Chevy already let them know where they stand, and WE aren't taking them.....Would they become a customer team? Holy moly.

Why? I think the problem is that The Felon got pissy after SHR beat his ass in his own stuff. His ego will cause the Chevy leash to be pulled with a significant tug IMO.
SHR is the one that left, and the results prove HMS was giving them the good stuff. If the shoe was on the other foot, and this were a Toyota deal, you would be leading the charge to burn Gene Haas at the stake. HMS and Chevy put the team together in the first place, and after they couldn't find their ass with both hands and an anatomy text book, HMS helped bring in Tony and retool the team and make it a two time championship team, only to get bailed on. If I'm Chevy and Rick Hendrick, you're damn right I'd be extremely pissy at the prospect of letting SHR back into the fold after they flamed out with Ford. "You dumped me for a pretty girl with more money, and then it went south and you want me to take you back. Not just no, HELL NO."

Why? I think the problem is that The Felon got pissy after SHR beat his ass in his own stuff. His ego will cause the Chevy leash to be pulled with a significant tug IMO.

LOL.

Not even close, but sure, go with that. We all know you're only saying that because it's exactly what happened with Gibbs and the Furniture Row deal.

SHR is the one that left, and the results prove HMS was giving them the good stuff. If the shoe was on the other foot, and this were a Toyota deal, you would be leading the charge to burn Gene Haas at the stake. HMS and Chevy put the team together in the first place, and after they couldn't find their ass with both hands and an anatomy text book, HMS helped bring in Tony and retool the team and make it a two time championship team, only to get bailed on. If I'm Chevy and Rick Hendrick, you're damn right I'd be extremely pissy at the prospect of letting SHR back into the fold after they flamed out with Ford. "You dumped me for a pretty girl with more money, and then it went south and you want me to take you back. Not just no, HELL NO."
It's not the same Nascar now that it was when SHR left Chevy. SHR wanted design freedom on chassis development, something HMS was not willing to supply. Now everyone runs the same kit car with whatever manufacturer body on it. Technical alliances don't have the weight that they used to. OEM's provide wind tunnel data and engines are just a customer/supplier thing now.

Bottom line I believe Chevy/Hendrick wouldn't have a problem taking SHR back if that was the direction SHR wanted to go.
Just not sure how the money would be. They seem pretty well invested in Trackhouse now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just not sure how the money would be. They seem pretty well invested in Trackhouse now

It's not like MY Toyota. They had to run an add...looking for anybody that wants to run Toyota's in cup...they got Legacy. Who? Legacy. Chevy doesn't have any problem with team numbers, it's open and teams buy into their amount of participation. Hendrick/ECR have plenty of engines. Some were lured over to the yotas, thought it was a better deal but they went bust, it didn't matter if they had success or not. The yotas have had to move sold out Joe over to the sidelines as their go to supplier and take the reigns lately. It is a good move, long overdue.

Tony has a partner. I don't know how much of that team he really owns if he owns any of it.
That would work better with Hamlin. He doesn't own 3 race tracks, a 4 car cup team, a sprint car team, and a top AA fueler team. Just a closet full of tennis shoes.

It's not the same Nascar now that it was when SHR left Chevy. SHR wanted design freedom on chassis development, something HMS was not willing to supply. Now everyone runs the same kit car with whatever manufacturer body on it. Technical alliances don't have the weight that they used to. OEM's provide wind tunnel data and engines are just a customer/supplier thing now.
If SHR wanted to do their own chassis, they could have done so and remained a Chevy team. If HMS didn't want to play ball, they could always get their engines from ECR. Also don't forget all the people HMS sent over there to help SHR, and when they split up, a lot of those stayed with SHR, because it offered faster job advancement and opportunities. I blame that talent loss on some of HMS's struggles afterward. I don't now about Rick, but I'm not so fast to forget stuff like that.

If SHR wanted to do their own chassis, they could have done so and remained a Chevy team. If HMS didn't want to play ball, they could always get their engines from ECR. Also don't forget all the people HMS sent over there to help SHR, and when they split up, a lot of those stayed with SHR, because it offered faster job advancement and opportunities. I blame that talent loss on some of HMS's struggles afterward. I don't now about Rick, but I'm not so fast to forget stuff like that.
SHR had to completely rework their front end framework to be able to fit the Ford engine. I don't know if they figured on that when they switched.

They were well aware of it

That wasn't what was reported.

Q. When did Stewart Haas switch to Ford?​

A. From its inception until 2016, the team operated with Chevrolet engines and chassis (with a brief exception in 2003 when they utilized Pontiac). In 2017, a significant shift occurred as the team forged a partnership with Roush-Yates Engines, transitioning to Ford engines. Simultaneously, there was a pivotal change in chassis production, with the team opting to build them in-house. This strategic move marked a notable evolution in the team’s technical alliances and manufacturing approach.

That wasn't what was reported.

Q. When did Stewart Haas switch to Ford?​

A. From its inception until 2016, the team operated with Chevrolet engines and chassis (with a brief exception in 2003 when they utilized Pontiac). In 2017, a significant shift occurred as the team forged a partnership with Roush-Yates Engines, transitioning to Ford engines. Simultaneously, there was a pivotal change in chassis production, with the team opting to build them in-house. This strategic move marked a notable evolution in the team’s technical alliances and manufacturing approach.
So what in this blurb makes you think they didn't know that going into the Ford partnership?

The center of gravity height of the Ford FR9 race engine is lower than its competitors.

Changes everything / anything including all of their accumulated wheel force data.

There is ZERO chance SHR switched manufacturers without knowing the front end and whatever else would have to be different.
Absolutely nothing...he's just a blowhard.
Where does it say that anywhere Einstein? As posted SHR had to build all new chassis to fit the Ford. Childress said they were cutting the front ends off of some and building other chassis. This is why you don't learn anything. Go find your info that they had it all covered and had plenty of cars to race OR stfu.

Where does it say that anywhere einstein?
No where. Just like I know that dog **** would not taste good. No one had to tell me that. If you really believe a Cup team would switch manufacturers without knowing about basic things needing to be changed, such as engine mounts and a steering box, you are beyond help.

Where does it say that anywhere Einstein? As posted SHR had to build all new chassis to fit the Ford. Childress said they were cutting the front ends off of some and building other chassis. This is why you don't learn anything. Go find your info that they had it all covered and had plenty of cars to race OR stfu.
Nice edit and **** you

What's next Einstein? You going to tell me SHR knew this problem before hand?

1712615605084.png

Toyota & Ford are crowded. SHR's only hope might be to go back to a Hendrick alliance.

Sticking with Ford would be the preferred option, SHR is trending upwards this season.

Just like the Preacher got pissy with Barney when he beat them in their own stuff and doubled the price to stay in a technical alliance.

Toyota & Ford are crowded. SHR's only hope might be to go back to a Hendrick alliance.

Sticking with Ford would be the preferred option, SHR is trending upwards this season.
I think most of us think it is an internal problem, I know I do. They kept Almirola for years because he had sponsorship, they are keeping Preece and he doesn't seem to be improving. Berry so far hasn't shown much and neither has Gragson. Berry and Gragson are new though so it's a bit early IMO to cull them out. Their cars are slow on top of that, they seldom seem to hit the setup even for qualifying. Newly wed Stewart is out making a name for himself in the Drag racing business. Briscoe is the star of the group in 16th.
The positive is that the economy is helping them out. They continue to attract sponsorship for their cars.

LOL.

Not even close, but sure, go with that. We all know you're only saying that because it's exactly what happened with Gibbs and the Furniture Row deal.
Yawn. Yawn. And yawn.

Nevermind Jimmie's bitching. Nothing to see here. You Chain Gang apologists are so cute. Let me ask you this.....Why doesn't Chevy make their own decisions? Hey tail....wag the dog.

Neither of them are wrong, which you seem to know since all you can say is yawn, and not even dispute it. Take the blinders off for a change broski.
My blinders are implants. All in good fun. Seven time wasn't happy getting his ass kicked by SHR.....and SHR all of a sudden decided that they needed something else to win a championship? Come on man....the planets align with that as much as they do with the Barney deal.....You know, Barney.....who refutes all of this BS.....but even if he didn't.....you know.

My blinders are implants. All in good fun. Seven time wasn't happy getting his ass kicked by SHR.....and SHR all of a sudden decided that they needed something else to win a championship? Come on man....the planets align with that as much as they do with the Barney deal.....You know, Barney.....who refutes all of this BS.....but even if he didn't.....you know.

Page 30 of the HMS thread.....Allen's comments......you know. ;)

I honestly don't care what SHR does. They haven't figured out the new car, and they don't have the good driver lineup they once had. I could definitely see them being the flagship Dodge team if they come back, but we all know that's not happening (sorry, Robert J Sublett)

There was a brief discussion on DBC this week where they said they believe SHR is likely dropping two charters, and Gene may sell them for below the $40M figure the most recent charter sales were for.

Also mentioned that Tier 1 status with an OEM is worth about $10M in funding.

There was a brief discussion on DBC this week where they said they believe SHR is likely dropping two charters, and Gene may sell them for below the $40M figure the most recent charter sales were for.

Also mentioned that Tier 1 status with an OEM is worth about $10M in funding.

Who are the odd men out? Preece feels like a given.

Back
Top Bottom