Silly Season 2025

Among other things, Gene Haas retains the building.

And likely everything in it, some cars, 3 or 4 transporters, etc., etc.

Does he know you can sponsor a car and not own it? Cause it kind of sounds like what he wants.

They say at all who will be in the 23XI 3rd car? On DBC they made it sound like it was all but a done deal with someone that was bringing money. No one is jumping out on this one to me, but I don't follow who is bringing what in the lower series.

This Haas thing totally caught me off guard, NEVER saw it coming, and frankly I don't really get it. It sure throws a monkey wrench into some scenarios that some people had down as done deals. Honestly, Gene might be a genius with machine tools, but I don't really think he has a clue about how to run a successful racing operation, and sometimes I wonder how much he REALLY cares........

This Haas thing totally caught me off guard, NEVER saw it coming, and frankly I don't really get it. It sure throws a monkey wrench into some scenarios that some people had down as done deals. Honestly, Gene might be a genius with machine tools, but I don't really think he has a clue about how to run a successful racing operation, and sometimes I wonder how much he REALLY cares........
I don't think this deal has anything to do with competition. It's a way to write off loss, stay in the sport from a business standpoint and provide entertainment to clients

They say at all who will be in the 23XI 3rd car? On DBC they made it sound like it was all but a done deal with someone that was bringing money. No one is jumping out on this one to me, but I don't follow who is bringing what in the lower series.
Maybe it's Gragson with Bass Pro Shops.

There’s been some smoke regarding Riley Herbst. Sounds kinda wild at first, he’s got a lot of funding and that team could use it while expanding. I think Pockrass said they may take a year to put the funding together for Heim.

Maybe it's Gragson with Bass Pro Shops.
I’ve heard Gragson to RCR.

There’s been some smoke regarding Riley Herbst. Sounds kinda wild at first, he’s got a lot of funding and that team could use it while expanding. I think Pockrass said they may take a year to put the funding together for Heim.
Herbst needs another year in Xfinity. But he will get a top tier Cup ride when he wants one.

The Haas ride is clearly for Cole Custer.

I was thinking that but not if Gene is keeping a charter. Seems like the 3 would go to Trackhouse, 23XI and Front Row. Unless Trackhouse buys one I see Zane out of a ride next year. Besides RWR or the 21
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm coming from. If there are only TWO charters up for grabs instead of three, some team is going to be on the outside looking in. The question is who? The other thing is, if THIS was the plan, why wasn't that made clear why the rest of the deal was announced? It seems like disfunction rules the day other there.

I was thinking that but not if Gene is keeping a charter. Seems like the 3 would go to Trackhouse, 23XI and Front Row. Unless Trackhouse buys one I see Zane out of a ride next year. Besides RWR or the 21
Noah can buy his own charter if he wants too.

As for RCR, Kyle Busch wants out and has made no secret about that. And I don’t know if Childress has picked up his third year option yet. I would not be surprised if they parted ways. There’s also been some talk about Austin Dillon’s future.

I’m betting Riley Herbst ends up in the third 23XI car. Cole Custer back to Cup with Haas. Josh probably goes to Front Row with Rodney. Chase Briscoe to JGR. But this silly season is extra silly so who knows what comes next.

Heim isn't ready yet. To be honest there's one easy answer to this, and that is Erik Jones. He's absolutely a hell of a driver, to win a Southern 500 on that team holding off Hamlin to do it shows his chops

Heim isn't ready yet. To be honest there's one easy answer to this, and that is Erik Jones. He's absolutely a hell of a driver, to win a Southern 500 on that team holding off Hamlin to do it shows his chops
Erik Jones deserves a lot better than whatever Legacy is doing right now for sure. Just don’t know that that opportunity is within the Toyota camp.

I can see Hill in the car, but I wouldn't be surprised if Richard changed the number to something else. Revive something in the #29 - #30 - #31 range.
I could see that. But idk either way.

I can see Austin Dillon taking on a business type of role at RCR. Maybe something where he could still race either in NASCAR some or on dirt.

I www the thinking Herbst also. The TRD connection with Monster is already there.

Also with Briscoe all but ruled out for the 21 after being rumored, I think Berry with Rodney would be a great fit there if they want to stay with Ford.

I www the thinking Herbst also. The TRD connection with Monster is already there.

Also with Briscoe all but ruled out for the 21 after being rumored, I think Berry with Rodney would be a great fit there if they want to stay with Ford.

Today’s Stern Bomb is just that, Berry/Childers possibly to the 21.

Saw it coming from 2134 miles away. Haas did not want, nor could he expend the time necessary to handle the elephant (Nascar) while trying to negotiate his open wheel stuff. This makes sense, especially with his business ties to a certain manufacturer that wants to maintain the same presence. Can guarantee that manufacture made a sweetheart deal, most likely for the Xfinity teams than for the cup. Watch for the Haas Automation and Tooling contract that will be coming down the road in the near future. One hand shaking the other....

Saw it coming from 2134 miles away. Haas did not want, nor could he expend the time necessary to handle the elephant (Nascar) while trying to negotiate his open wheel stuff. This makes sense, especially with his business ties to a certain manufacturer that wants to maintain the same presence. Can guarantee that manufacture made a sweetheart deal, most likely for the Xfinity teams than for the cup. Watch for the Haas Automation and Tooling contract that will be coming down the road in the near future. One hand shaking the other....
Well, color me confused by your comments. One, what's changed since the announcement was made that everything was for sale? Two, what could Ford offer that matters to a guy with Gene's money, and three, if he didn't have the time to deal with the NASCAR team a month ago, why does he now?

Well, color me confused by your comments. One, what's changed since the announcement was made that everything was for sale? Two, what could Ford offer that matters to a guy with Gene's money, and three, if he didn't have the time to deal with the NASCAR team a month ago, why does he now?
I’m thinking as an arm chair analyst (this couch sure is comfy) that it might be as simple as Smoke may have just wanted out. If you remember Haas Racing was a one car team before Smoke signed on, maybe Gene just wanted to go back to that while hanging onto a single charter as charter prices continue to go up and see how it went as a single car. It’s intriguing they’re keeping two Xfinity teams, that’s good for the series.

Whoops.

Seems like a smart move - Briscoe has shown race winning talent and with Ty still getting the hang of Cup and nobody banging the door down in xfinity, you go with bringing experience in. You hope he shows he’s legit but you’re not that invested in him - if it isn’t working in two years you move on.

Chandler Smith is probably the next in-house promotion but they have a window. Then maybe the 11 is in play.

First things first, Ford, per their prospective (board level strategy and implementation) is actively negotiating an over half a billion-dollar retooling in which Haas Automation/Tooling is one of the bidders. Internal politics matter and could be a positive in the board decision.
Second, Haas Automation/Tooling will have a global marketing presence related to racing through Haas's F1 venture. It makes a ton of sense to have that association domestically as NASCAR is still the most visible here.
Third, Stewart lost interest in being involved with a NASCAR team, does not fit into his current life.
Fourth, would venture to say that what the charters were sold for, both Stewart and Haas made out. Stewart to support his other racing adventures, and Haas with enough to cover the downsized NASCAR team for a few years, even without associate sponsors (this could change).

Back
Top Bottom