Silly Season 2025

Klingerman going going gone.

I hate to see this. Parker Kligerman is a gritty competitor. He has a knack for getting maximum performance out of minimum resources. He drove the wheels off that #75 Food City truck... a team with just one paid employee IIRC. Same thing with the #48 Big Machine Xfinity car, another team with minimal financial resources.

If Justin Haley moves up to a better ride as some folks are predicting, Rick Ware should be calling Parker Kligerman to discuss the #51 ride (IMO).

Klingerman going going gone.

"....after the Portland race, we went to Sonoma for the next week because we all stay out there. I went for a run and ended up on top of the mountain overlooking the water in San Francisco and I had this moment where I was like, ‘I think I’m good. I think I want to finish this year out and then see what’s next.’....

Fast Forward to 5min and 10 seconds if needed to get the explanation

Jordan Bianchi has published his latest silly season update in The Athletic. He cautions that none of these moves are yet done deals and will not be final until the teams announce them.

Corey LaJoie... probably to the RWR #51 "according to multiple sources involved in the discussions."

Justin Haley... to the Spire #7. "Since the moment it became known that Spire was parting with LaJoie, Haley has been considered the leading candidate to replace LaJoie, according to multiple sources involved in the discussions, in what effectively would be a ride-swap between the two drivers. It would be surprising if Haley is not driving Spire’s No. 7 Chevrolet next year."

Zane Smith... to the third Front Row Motorsports car. "Nothing is set in stone, but should the appropriate sponsorship come together, Smith would likely return to FRM, according to sources briefed on the matter."

Alex Bowman... still in the #48. (And contrary to @Blaze's brilliant quip above, Alex will be in the HMS 48 in Cup, not in the Big Machine 48 in Xfinity currently piloted by Parker Kligerman... LOL.) This one is carved in stone, says Bianchi.

23XI & RFK... Both teams want to expand to a third chartered car, 23XI with Riley Herbst and Monster sponsorship, and RFK with Ryan Preece and Kroger sponsorship. Recent charter negotiations place a cloud over the 23XI plans. By my count, there is one more charter available from Stewart Haas. If 23XI gets that charter, where would RFK get a charter? A situation to watch, for sure. Personally, I'm not too keen on Herbst or Preece for a quality Cup team. But who would be better to sign?

Kaulig Racing... Ty Dillon to the 31. Another puzzling hire, IMO. Herbst hasn't demonstrated he's a Cup-level prospect, while Preece and Dillon have proved that they are not. But I know nothing, willing to concede that Nascar garage insiders have a lot more information and a lot better perspective than this fan on R-F.com.

Jordan Bianchi has published his latest silly season update in The Athletic. He cautions that none of these moves are yet done deals and will not be final until the teams announce them.

Corey LaJoie... probably to the RWR #51 "according to multiple sources involved in the discussions."

Justin Haley... to the Spire #7. "Since the moment it became known that Spire was parting with LaJoie, Haley has been considered the leading candidate to replace LaJoie, according to multiple sources involved in the discussions, in what effectively would be a ride-swap between the two drivers. It would be surprising if Haley is not driving Spire’s No. 7 Chevrolet next year."

Zane Smith... to the third Front Row Motorsports car. "Nothing is set in stone, but should the appropriate sponsorship come together, Smith would likely return to FRM, according to sources briefed on the matter."

Alex Bowman... still in the #48. (And contrary to @Blaze's brilliant quip above, Alex will be in the HMS 48 in Cup, not in the Big Machine 48 in Xfinity currently piloted by Parker Kligerman... LOL.) This one is carved in stone, says Bianchi.

23XI & RFK... Both teams want to expand to a third chartered car, 23XI with Riley Herbst and Monster sponsorship, and RFK with Ryan Preece and Kroger sponsorship. Recent charter negotiations place a cloud over the 23XI plans. By my count, there is one more charter available from Stewart Haas. If 23XI gets that charter, where would RFK get a charter? A situation to watch, for sure. Personally, I'm not too keen on Herbst or Preece for a quality Cup team. But who would be better to sign?

Kaulig Racing... Ty Dillon to the 31. Another puzzling hire, IMO. Herbst hasn't demonstrated he's a Cup-level prospect, while Preece and Dillon have proved that they are not. But I know nothing, willing to concede that Nascar garage insiders have a lot more information and a lot better perspective than this fan on R-F.com.
Not to often I’m called brilliant! 😍😍

Nascar showed their love for Hamlin. Docked him 75 regular (who cares) and a net total of 13 playoff points. He's only 2 above the cut line.

Kaulig needs to just call it a day with the Cup program. It was worth a shot, I guess but it’s going nowhere and possibly even dragging down the Xfinity team.
It's hard to say, but they just pick Cup drivers who arnt very good. It's mind boggling they're going back to the Ty Dillon well

I hate to see this. Parker Kligerman is a gritty competitor. He has a knack for getting maximum performance out of minimum resources. He drove the wheels off that #75 Food City truck... a team with just one paid employee IIRC. Same thing with the #48 Big Machine Xfinity car, another team with minimal financial resources.

If Justin Haley moves up to a better ride as some folks are predicting, Rick Ware should be calling Parker Kligerman to discuss the #51 ride (IMO).

I agree Parker was refreshing because he's a solidified veteran who earned the opportunity to get a fully funded ride since his KBM days in the Xfinity program there. The 48 is a top 12 car on a weekly basis, it was just good to see a proven quantity given another chance in good equipment. He's made the most of it, I hope he's able to win in Xfinity before he hangs up the helmet on a full time basis.

Kaulig needs to just call it a day with the Cup program. It was worth a shot, I guess but it’s going nowhere and possibly even dragging down the Xfinity team.
I can find no rhyme nor reason for the thought process over at Kaulig. I've been repeatedly told that money is no issue for them, but some of their hires just look like ride buying. I just don't see ANY way Dillon helps that team get to the next level, and the decision to take AJ out of Cup for a year and forfeit your only realistic shot at winning a race and a spot in the playoffs was just mind boggling to me.

It's hard to say, but they just pick Cup drivers who arnt very good. It's mind boggling they're going back to the Ty Dillon well
Ty hasn’t won a NASCAR sanctioned race in 10 years.

Harrison Burton won a race 3 weeks ago.

If they have to pick a mediocre son of a former driver. Burton is young and might at least improve.

Back
Top Bottom