Silly Season 2025

Imagine if KB went full circle to end his career at HMS? I know he has one year left on his RCR contract, but stranger things have happened, and who knows what type of out clauses he may have.
I would enjoy that....watching The Resurrected play the part while The Felon tells us how wonderful it would be to have him back in The Penitentiary.

Imagine if KB went full circle to end his career at HMS? I know he has one year left on his RCR contract, but stranger things have happened, and who knows what type of out clauses he may have.
If anyone could work something out to get the drive they want its HMS

Bowman seems like a fantastic guy, but he’s frankly not good enough for a move to be outside the realm of possibility. Pockrass alluded to him not being 100% secure in one of his more recent articles, so it’s probably something that’s floated through the garage a bit.

Not saying it will absolutely happen, but if he gets to be a priority driver at Spire with Rodney Childers that’s a really good fit. It’ll always be tough being in the shadows of Larson and Elliott, while Byron has become good for a few wins each year.

Bowman seems like a fantastic guy, but he’s frankly not good enough for a move to be outside the realm of possibility. Pockrass alluded to him not being 100% secure in one of his more recent articles, so it’s probably something that’s floated through the garage a bit.

Not saying it will absolutely happen, but if he gets to be a priority driver at Spire with Rodney Childers that’s a really good fit. It’ll always be tough being in the shadows of Larson and Elliott, while Byron has become good for a few wins each year.
I see folks saying "How could Rick do this!" and acting like Alex couldnt be replaced, well frankly the performance since his back injury just hasnt been there. Hendrick has always had a driver that lagged the behind the other three so I'm a bit more understanding to Alex's current situation than other HMS drivers in the past,( Dale Jr included when he was the one that was out to lunch. You had folks calling for his head when he was in that bad slump but they didnt understand the Dale Jr money printing machine that he was at that time) but Cup Racing is a performance based business and Alex just hasnt done much outside of his win this year. I'd cautiously bet he'll be in the car at Daytona in Feb but also wouldnt be surprised if he found his way to Spire with Hendrick engineering personnel member, Hendrick Crew and Hendrick Input on setting up the car. There's too many rumors gaining steam and for almost going on two months now to this not to at least have some sort of legs at this point.

At the very best for Spire, Bowman with Rodney would be an immediate and obvious upgrade over the jobber they have in there now, so thats a win for them. As for Hendrick, renumber that sucker to the 25 and what looks to be Haley as the rumored replacement which would be an intriguing move. I'd love to see Kyle Busch back at HMS but I dont know how that would work, RC doesnt seem in the mood to shift drivers.

In the executive offices of Ally Bank, Alex Bowman is considered a prized asset.

In addition to their high dollar, season long sponsorship of the HMS 48, they happily pour money into his animal rescue charitable works and into his dirt car efforts. He hosts Ally regional managers and staff at events associated with both everywhere he goes, to the delight of the invitees.

Presently, during what he and Freddie Kraft consider a less than stellar season, he has more wins, top 10’s and top 5’s than does Kyle Busch. Justin Haley is a nice kid.

Shuffling Bowman out for either of those two guys would be idiotic. Hendrick and Gordon are not idiots.

I think Kyle Larson goes before Bowman, if Hendrick really wants to change things up. Larson hasn't set the world on fire since his championship season.

I suspect that Hendrick might be considering Kyle Busch. This isn't factual, just a gut feeling. Hendrick wants to make dough, and Kyle Busch in a Hendrick car would be super intriguing in a lot of aspects.

Kyle Busch hasn't turned 40 yet. It looks like he still has plenty left in the tank.

It would make for an insane silly season, where would Kyle Larson land if he gets the boot? I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's very unlikely, Larson is too talented.

Elliott and Byron are ahead of Larson in the pecking order, in my opinion.

I think Kyle Larson goes before Bowman, if Hendrick really wants to change things up. Larson hasn't set the world on fire since his championship season.

I suspect that Hendrick might be considering Kyle Busch. This isn't factual, just a gut feeling. Hendrick wants to make dough, and Kyle Busch in a Hendrick car would be super intriguing in a lot of aspects.

Kyle Busch hasn't turned 40 yet. It looks like he still has plenty left in the tank.

It would make for an insane silly season, where would Kyle Larson land if he gets the boot? I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's very unlikely, Larson is too talented.

In 3 full seasons with HMS (we are currently in his 4th), Larson has made 2 championship races in that time. He’s legit a threat to win each week wherever the circuit go, so much so that I personally haven’t seen since prime Jeff Gordon or 08 Kyle Busch which to me was some of the greatest driving I’ve ever seen. He’s also one of the most popular drivers in the sport right now, where HendrickCars.com is on every hat, jacket, t shirt that a fan is wearing as he’s one of the best sellers on NASCAR.com. It’d be utter blasphemy and negligence as a team owner to even consider getting rid of Larson at this point in his career. This is like the Chiefs moving on from Patrick Mahomes if he doesn’t win the Super Bowl this year or next.

Put down the pipe.

Wow...

That was some of the finest s*** posting parody I’ve seen in quite a while. Bravo. 🤣. HMS is Larson and the three cameo appearances, but by all means carry on.
The rumors would be at least partially right with a HMS guy to the 7. Maybe a straight up trade Larson for Corey, going back to his letter to Mr H?

Larson gets Rodney.

HMS also gets Marco Andretti as a JRM Xfinity reserve driver, kind of like a draft pick included in the trade.

In the executive offices of Ally Bank, Alex Bowman is considered a prized asset.

In addition to their high dollar, season long sponsorship of the HMS 48, they happily pour money into his animal rescue charitable works and into his dirt car efforts. He hosts Ally regional managers and staff at events associated with both everywhere he goes, to the delight of the invitees.

Presently, during what he and Freddie Kraft consider a less than stellar season, he has more wins, top 10’s and top 5’s than does Kyle Busch. Justin Haley is a nice kid.

Shuffling Bowman out for either of those two guys would be idiotic. Hendrick and Gordon are not idiots.
I think replacing Bowman with Kyle would be a downgrade.

The HMS driver line-up is a lock for at least the next two seasons. The organization is noted for driver stability.
While they’re generally very stable, I’d note that both Kyle Busch and Kasey Kahne were released by HMS with one year left on their contracts. Rick Hendrick very famously said in 2007 that there was no room at the inn for Dale Jr., and we know how that panned out. They run a tight ship and if there are any developments going on with the 48 team, they’ll keep them close to the vest.

While they’re generally very stable, I’d note that both Kyle Busch and Kasey Kahne were released by HMS with one year left on their contracts. Rick Hendrick very famously said in 2007 that there was no room at the inn for Dale Jr., and we know how that panned out. They run a tight ship and if there are any developments going on with the 48 team, they’ll keep them close to the vest.

Didn't he say that regarding Mark Martin staying in the 5 when Keselowski thought he was getting it?

Rick realized how much more he could charge the new tenant for Kyle’s room at the inn so he evicted him.

It’s just business.

I feel so embarrassed for making that post. I don't know what I was thinking. Bowman would probably be the odd man out, but I doubt Hendrick wants to change his line-up. It is the most potent line-up in NASCAR, all four guys can win on any given week. I think I'd rather have Bowman over Kyle Busch, to be honest. But if Hendrick was to consider signing Kyle, it's obviously Bowman who has the better chance of losing his ride.

Gibbs will be as potent as Hendrick next year with the addition of Chase Briscoe, I can tell you that. Chase Briscoe, Denny Hamlin, Christopher Bell and Ty Gibbs is an insane collection of talent.

I wonder who gets the third 23XI car. I've seen Herbst get mentioned, I think highly of him, even though most people don't.

Ryan Preece is starting to become underrated, I hope he gets consideration for the Spire car. He and Childers are familiar with each other, and would be a huge upgrade over Corey Lajoie.

I feel so embarrassed for making that post. I don't know what I was thinking. Bowman would probably be the odd man out, but I doubt Hendrick wants to change his line-up. It is the most potent line-up in NASCAR, all four guys can win on any given week. I think I'd rather have Bowman over Kyle Busch, to be honest. But if Hendrick was to consider signing Kyle, it's obviously Bowman who has the better chance of losing his ride.

Just say you were drunk and nobody will hold it against you 😜

Looks to be Preece to RFK with Kroger. I’ve been pretty clear Preece probably isn’t a Cup driver with his body of work but this is a good opportunity for him to maybe shine. I’m not too optimistic it’s going to work for him but kudos for corralling that sponsorship to extend his Cup career, hopefully he’ll do well.

“RFK Racing is progressing toward expanding to three full-time NASCAR Cup Series teams in 2025, a move that would likely include bringing aboard big-ticket sponsor Kroger as a team-wide sponsor for all three cars, and signing driver Ryan Preece, sources briefed on the move told The Athletic. The team, whose ownership group includes Cup champion Brad Keselowski, is expected to make an official announcement in the coming weeks.”-per Jordan Bianchi

I don't think you even came close to the top 20 bonehead. It's a high mark to hit.

Looks to be Preece to RFK with Kroger. I’ve been pretty clear Preece probably isn’t a Cup driver with his body of work but this is a good opportunity for him to maybe shine. I’m not too optimistic it’s going to work for him but kudos for corralling that sponsorship to extend his Cup career, hopefully he’ll do well.

“RFK Racing is progressing toward expanding to three full-time NASCAR Cup Series teams in 2025, a move that would likely include bringing aboard big-ticket sponsor Kroger as a team-wide sponsor for all three cars, and signing driver Ryan Preece, sources briefed on the move told The Athletic. The team, whose ownership group includes Cup champion Brad Keselowski, is expected to make an official announcement in the coming weeks.”-per Jordan Bianchi

That's wild. Why would Kroger want Preece? And losing their sponsorship will likely be a huge blow to JTG Daugherty

That's wild. Why would Kroger want Preece? And losing their sponsorship will likely be a huge blow to JTG Daugherty
They already lost Kroger to RFK, it's over on the sponsorship thread I believe. Yeah, I ain't buying Preece in the seat either.

If this 3rd RFK car is a real thing I have to wonder where the charter comes from? Of the 3 SHR ones for sale Trackhouse is getting one, sounds like Front Row has purchased one and everyone else assumed that 23XI was getting the last one.

JTG signed Ricky for another year. I know they lost Kroger but it seems like they're committed to running next year.

I can't see 23XI letting a charter up for sale get away from them. Despite Dennis claiming to be broke, money doesn't seem like an issue over there.

Back
Top Bottom