Silly Season 2025

That's wild. Why would Kroger want Preece? And losing their sponsorship will likely be a huge blow to JTG Daugherty
I'd assume it goes back to their relationship when he was at JTG in the 37.

Edit- as SOI shared from Pockrass above.

I feel so embarrassed for making that post. I don't know what I was thinking. Bowman would probably be the odd man out, but I doubt Hendrick wants to change his line-up. It is the most potent line-up in NASCAR, all four guys can win on any given week. I think I'd rather have Bowman over Kyle Busch, to be honest. But if Hendrick was to consider signing Kyle, it's obviously Bowman who has the better chance of losing his ride.
Just call it sarcasm, that was the way I read it.

Remind me, had Pearn any experience with the current car?

Sounds like he's still involved with JGR more than most people realize. I remember an interview saying he was still part of most competition meetings

Indycar engineering and JGR aero-mapping from the mountains of British Columbia.

“After stepping away from the sport full-time at the end of 2019, though, he opted for a unique one-off opportunity to join Ed Carpenter Racing and engineer Conor Daly for the Indy 500 in 2020 – which was moved from May 24 to August 23 in a race behind closed doors due to the COVID pandemic.
“It was totally out of the blue for me,” Pearn told Autosport.
“You know, not something I had really planned to be doing, but 2020 was a weird year for everybody. So, might as well just have gone with it. I was still more freshly removed from racing at that point in time, so it seemed a little bit easier to go back and get that experience.
“I really just did it because my old engineer, Pete Craik, worked there and said they were in a jam, so it seemed to make sense. That's the main reason I did it.”

“Pearn also remains involved in NASCAR from afar, handling the aero mapping for Joe Gibbs Racing.
“We have wind tunnel and I surface fit all the data for the simulation and manage that all through the year between different rules packages as we find updates and all that side of it,” Pearn said. “I do it all from BC.”

Worst post in a long time.

If Ally does love Bowman so much, why isn't he in their commercials instead of Dale Jr.?
Why isn't Chase in more commercials than Dale Jr? Because Dale sells, end of story

If any company has the choice of using Dale Jr or any current drive the answer will always be Dale Jr

Worst post in a long time.

If Ally does love Bowman so much, why isn't he in their commercials instead of Dale Jr.?
Same reason Stewart was in all of Briscoe's Mahindra ads. Same reason Mikey was in the ads for most of MWR's sponsors, regardless of who was driving the sponsor's car. Popularity sells.

I blame my insomnia. ;)
I've posted several sleepless classics myself.

Treat it like a badge of honor. Cause when it gits tough a real poster just digs in. The severe winds and rain from a hurricane, or a tornado, the earth rumbling during an earthquake, none it can stop a poster. He just keeps on pecking at that glorious keyboard until the last breath.

To lower salary and pay for Larson's wrecked cars?
shocked-burn.gif

So the rumor is that HMS has more than 4 drivers under contract for 25. Any rumors who the 5th driver is?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have never gotten the appeal of DBC. Between the baseless speculation (which some people take as gospel) and Brett Griffin, it doesn’t like it should be a source of news for anyone.
The trouble I have with DBC is I can't imagine any owners or high level officials hanging out with these guys. So I think most of their info comes from shop floor gossip or made up conspiracy theories. After a couple of their outlandish claims turned out to be utter B.S. that was enough for me.

The trouble I have with DBC is I can't imagine any owners or high level officials hanging out with these guys. So I think most of their info comes from shop floor gossip or made up conspiracy theories. After a couple of their outlandish claims turned out to be utter B.S. that was enough for me.
Brett especially is more plugged in than you might think. Doesn't mean they get everything 100% right, but I'd say their batting average is pretty good. Regardless of what Bowman's status is in the 48, this rumor seems to involve Justin Haley, and Justin and Brett are pretty tight, so I'm certainly paying attention to what is being said.

Brett especially is more plugged in than you might think. Doesn't mean they get everything 100% right, but I'd say their batting average is pretty good. Regardless of what Bowman's status is in the 48, this rumor seems to involve Justin Haley, and Justin and Brett are pretty tight, so I'm certainly paying attention to what is being said.
Care to elaborate? Are you saying the rumor has Justin Haley replacing Bowman in the 48? What sense would that make? Doesn't matter as Bowman will be driving the 48 next year.

Care to elaborate? Are you saying the rumor has Justin Haley replacing Bowman in the 48? What sense would that make? Doesn't matter as Bowman will be driving the 48 next year.
Yep, that is the rumor, or at least one of them. The story goes that if Haley is not in the 48, he will be in the 7. Supposedly that is why no driver has been announced for the 7, waiting to see which driver they get. My personal feeling is that Haley ends up in the 7. I have never really bought into the idea that Alex loses the 48, but enough people are talking about it that there is almost certainly something going on. If Brett adamantly says that HMS has five drivers under contract, I believe him, I just don't exactly know what to make of it.

Back
Top Bottom