Silly Season For 2017

Sounds to me like they are just a management company. Roger could run 2 more in house teams and yet he favors outside support. Is this Ford doing this? Does Roger know something that Rick doesn't? Very interesting scenario and yet the 21 is running so good. I think Team Penske is smart in that they don't have 500 people for 4 cars. HMS hasn't IMO run more that 3 very good at the same time. As the sponsorship dollar tightens, I think HMS will be downsizing in the near future.

Why would HMS downsize? All 4 cars are fully funded.

I think the attendance and ratings are concerning, but HMS will be at the end of the list of teams losing a car.

No one will lose a car and I doubt he will ever lose a charter. I just think his payroll and other expenses are so high he may not be able to sell enough sponsorship to cover it and make a profit.

because NASCAR doomed / charters worthless.

Surely you're aware of that.

Obviously charters aren't worthless, but it's definitely a buyer's market. Supply vs demand constantly driving down prices.

For what it's worth, this is by far the silliest season I have ever seen since I've had a hard card (5 seasons). The amount of rumors & uncertainty is nuts.

Obviously charters aren't worthless, but it's definitely a buyer's market. Supply vs demand constantly driving down prices.

For what it's worth, this is by far the silliest season I have ever seen since I've had a hard card (5 seasons). The amount of rumors & uncertainty is nuts.
I wonder if thing will settle down if Monster signs on?

Jayski quotes a 'Buescher to JTG' rumor.

Seriously, are there fans that don't check his site first?

www.jayski.com

Yes, I read it. Honestly, I read jayski too often. Just why would Roush invest so much into Buescher and let him just walk off? I must have skimmed over it too quickly and missed that, it just said at the top of the list Biffle leaving RFR.

I guess he's on loan, its official. Man, I guess Biffle will go to FRM? That sucks man, he deserves better than that. I'd rather see Biffle retire than regress even further to FRM.

http://www.dalejr.com/radio/dbc/

@42:55 - Said that Bubba only has half a schedule for the 6 car in Xfinity next year... Rest of the races are supposed to be filled by Bayne and Stenhouse.

What the actual ****.
Thanks for the news, even if it's bad news. Also in there: lots of wondering if the 44 will run, and who will drive if it does run.

Do we know Casey Mears' contract situation? McDowell saying that Ty "will be in the RCR family", but the 95 being taken now, does that mean maybe the 13 will be in play?

Do we know Casey Mears' contract situation? McDowell saying that Ty "will be in the RCR family", but the 95 being taken now, does that mean maybe the 13 will be in play?

I'm thinking more of the CSLFR separation, remember Circle Sport has a huge following with RCR, I think Ty goes to the 33 or the 13.

Either one of those teams are guaranteed to get Ty.

Jeffery Earnhardt and Bobby Labonte will not return to the #32 Go FAS entry, the owner, Archie St. Hiliarie, wants one driver to compete for an entire season. No more ride buying for the team, so we will see who is in the running for the team:

https://frontstretch.com/2016/11/23/go-fas-racing-unsure-of-driver-lineup-for-2017/

One guy I think that will get the seat probably Cole Whitt due to being a Ford driver and having decent sponsorship, its not a great team, but having a consistent driver is the first major step in moving forward. Wish the best for the team.

In the Dirty Moe clip they said Ty had the 13 so I guess Mears is out.

If that's true then I wonder who the sponsor will be, because Geico is married to Mears. I hope Ty respresenting Advil in homestead wasn't a glimpse of things to come. I want to see "cool" sponsors and schemes on track

Jeffery Earnhardt and Bobby Labonte will not return to the #32 Go FAS entry, the owner, Archie St. Hiliarie, wants one driver to compete for an entire season. No more ride buying for the team, so we will see who is in the running for the team:

https://frontstretch.com/2016/11/23/go-fas-racing-unsure-of-driver-lineup-for-2017/

One guy I think that will get the seat probably Cole Whitt due to being a Ford driver and having decent sponsorship, its not a great team, but having a consistent driver is the first major step in moving forward. Wish the best for the team.

This is probably good for Jeffrey. I hope that he can land a solid Xfinity or Truck Series ride.

So I have

Biffle
Mears
Ragan
dibendetto
whitt
wise
Sorenson
Earnhardt

Amongst many other lower series driver available for 8 cars?
33?

Let's do this right for 2017. Here is what I have per Jayski.

1 Jamie McMurray - CGR - Free Agent after 2017
2 Brad Keselowski - Penske
3 Austin Dillon - RCR
4 Kevin Harvick - SHR
5 Kasey Kahne - HMS
6 Trevor Bayne - RFR
10 Danica Patrick - SHR
11 Denny Hamlin - JGR - Free Agent after 2017
13 Ty Dillon - Germain Racing
14 Clint Bowyer - SHR
15 HScott - Most likely to sell charter
16 RFR - Most likely to sell/lease charter
17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr - RFR
18 Kyle Busch - JGR
19 Carl Edwards - JGR
20 Matt Kenseth - JGR - Free Agent after 2017
21 Ryan Blaney - Wood Brothers
22 Joey Logano - Penske
23 ???David Ragan - BK Racing
24 Chase Elliot - HMS
27 Paul Menard - RCR - Free Agent after 2017
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG)
31 Ryan Newman - RCR
32 ??? Not Jeffery Earnhardt or Bobby Labonte - Go Fas Racing
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 ??? Chris Buescher - Front Row Motorsports
38 Landon Cassill - Front Row Motorsports
41 Kurt Busch - SHR
42 Kyle Larson - CGR
43 Airc Almirola - RPM
44 ??????? - RPM
46 This ride moves to Xfinity with Michael Annett and JRM in the #5
47 AJ Allmendinger - JTG Daugherty Racing
48 Jimmie Johnson - HMS
77 Erik Jones - Furniture Row Racing
78 Martin Truex Jr - Furniture Row Racing
83 ???Matt DiBenedetto - BK Racing
88 Dale Earnhardt Jr - HMS
95 Michael McDowell - Leavine Family Racing
55/98 ???? - Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46

Other Cars
7 Charter Sold to Levine
35 David Gilliland - Front Row Motorsports - Ran only Daytona and Tally

Charters can be leased once every 5 years
NASCAR can remove a charter for a team in the bottom 3 of owner standings.
2016 this was the 32 Go Fas Racing, 46/62 Premium Racing, 83 BK Racing (I think)

Here are the teams that might have some change.

6 Trevor Bayne - RFR - Probably no change here.
13 Ty Dillon - Germain Racing - I think this is official
15 HScott - Most likely to sell charter
16 RFR - Most likely to lease charter
17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr - RFR - Probably no change here
38 Landon Cassill - Front Row Motorsports - I think this is official
77 Erik Jones - Furniture Row Racing - I think this is official with or without a charter
95 Michael McDowell - Leavine Family Racing - I think this is official

23 ???David Ragan - BK Racing - has charter
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG)
32 ??? Not Jeffery Earnhardt nor Bobby Labonte - Go Fas Racing - has charter
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 ??? Chris Buescher - Front Row Motorsports - has charter
44 ??????? - RPM - has charter
46 This ride moves to Xfinity with Michael Annett and JRM in the #5
83 ???Matt DiBenedetto - BK Racing - has charter
55/98 ???? - Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46

It's official: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/c...y-racing-downsizing-two-sprint-cup-teams-2017

Roush downsizes to the 6 and 17, leases the charter out to JTG Daugherty along with Buescher, makes other personnel changes. Jack should have just given up the ghost and sold both Buescher and the charter outright.

Could be a good move.

I remember when Penske struggled and downsized to two teams after releasing Hornish from the 77.

Could be good for Roush, but Penske has never struggled as bad as Roush is now. At least IMHO.

So they are just leasing the charter this year and Roush could bring back the 16 for 2018 with Buescher driving?

Giving up your ride so soon? Quitter!:p
I've accomplished more than I ever hoped to achieve in my racing career. I want to go out while I'm at the top of my game. I look forward to spending more time with my family. I respectfully request that the tracks and media treat my last season just like any other, and don't plan on any special commemorations or events. :p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom