SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

Was listening to speedway Monday afternoon and Jack Arute was hosting again. Several callers stated they like to see him have a permanent home on the station. He said he'd like that as well, but with all the great talent, who would he replace? I was like really? The TMD guys and Moody would be the top of my list
Moody should be first in the chopping block line. Godawful. They’re all incompetent, but Moody adds a huge level of arrogance on top of it.

Was listening to speedway Monday afternoon and Jack Arute was hosting again. Several callers stated they like to see him have a permanent home on the station. He said he'd like that as well, but with all the great talent, who would he replace? I was like really? The TMD guys and Moody would be the top of my list
I could not agree more!

Why wouldn't you talk about roadside farm stands on TMD? A circus.

Do we need TMD if all they do is read Tweets? My God that show is a dump.

Do we need TMD if all they do is read Tweets? My God that show is a dump.
Listening to that garbage is cruel and unusual punishment and no one should have to be subjected to that. Download the Late Shift and Skinner Round-up to listen to during TMD

Listened to a replay of the Late Shift last night, the first one with Todd Gordon I've heard. He did a pretty good job my only complaint, which I really hate to say it, is that with Todd and Brad together the show just seemed to lack some energy to me.

I have a question for those of you that regularly listen, or occasionally, to Sirius XM NASCAR.
Do you think the "callers" are legitimate?

I was on the road today and had a rare chance to listen to Trotta and McReynolds at noon. I always like how they talk about the phone lines lighting up and how they are going to take calls. Today they took a total of 3. I was amazed at how each caller clearly articulated their points, they were very poised, didn't use extra words like "um" and "you know", and also how clear the phone connection came acrossed. Their comments were anything but controversial and even repeated some of the points Trotta had made.
I got the feeling these calls were scripted and canned.

I have a question for those of you that regularly listen, or occasionally, to Sirius XM NASCAR.

I was on the road today and had a rare chance to listen to Trotta and McReynolds at noon. I always like how they talk about the phone lines lighting up and how they are going to take calls. Today they took a total of 3. I was amazed at how each caller clearly articulated their points, they were very poised, didn't use extra words like "um" and "you know", and also how clear the phone connection came acrossed. Their comments were anything but controversial and even repeated some of the points Trotta had made.
Maybe it wa a slow day but Ive heard callers get confrontational with Larry many times

I think most talk radio shows are at least 50-60% canned calls. ESPECIALLY political shows. I have had instances listening to Sirius NASCAR that echoed your experience, especially after a "controversial" decision by NASCAR. When we're all screaming against a rules package like 550, there would be callers who were very calm and articulate, spouting about how they loved every talking point Moody or whatever host had been handed.

Maybe it wa a slow day but Ive heard callers get confrontational with Larry many times
I have heard this as well, so it's not 100% canned. Especially Moody's show. Moody of course would just hang up on them so they couldn't respond then belittle them, but...

They 100% screen callers before putting them on air so I wouldn't doubt it at all if there are times where they put specific people thru to fit a narrative.

They 100% screen callers before putting them on air so I wouldn't doubt it at all if there are times where they put specific people thru to fit a narrative.
I've called, they just asked my name and where I called from and whats the topic and I got right on and promptly ripped Mr Moody aka kermit the frog a new ahole. Of course he cut me off and had no response. Hes a hack

I've called, they just asked my name and where I called from and whats the topic and I got right on and promptly ripped Mr Moody aka kermit the frog a new ahole. Of course he cut me off and had no response. Hes a hack
I'm not calling into that crap....If I am going to argue, I want a fair fight. You know what Moody does...

Did you get in that you were actually a spotter and connected?

Lmao it's too bad you don't have a recording of that, I'd love to hear it.

Did you get in that you were actually a spotter and connected?
I told him I was in the business which he brushed off. We were talking about the new car before it came out and I was trying to explain how they would use sims to help with the learning curve, this was about 3 years ago. He didnt like being schooled by a caller so he cut me off. Hes a prick. I've seen him at the track and thought about talking to him but whats the use?

I told him I was in the business which he brushed off. We were talking about the new car before it came out and I was trying to explain how they would use sims to help with the learning curve, this was about 3 years ago. He didnt like being schooled by a caller so he cut me off. Hes a prick. I've seen him at the track and thought about talking to him but whats the use?
On air....he is an egomaniac--His producers make sure that narrative is sustained. A joke. ....not unlike The Morning Drive. Give me Gillie and whoever he wants to carry for the win.

I was traveling from Myrtle Beach to Charlotte listening to him and he pissed me off so I called in
That is a mind numbing drive. Done it too many times. Worst was driving from Salisbury to MB when I lived in Salisbury. No interstate. Backroads 90% of the way. Ugh

Sounds to me they are "controlling" most calls. I get having a few controversial calls is good for the show. My feeling from the other day was there was no way any of these 3 callers were "random." Just like everything else, it's entertainment i guess.

If you want to get a pretty good indication if a call is "planted", is listen to how the host is talking with the caller. Talk show hosts just have a knack for talking down to a regular caller. The host already has it in his mind that he's smarter than the caller, and you're not going to tell him anything he doesn't know. Now, if it's a plant, the host won't talk down to that person, they'll talk "with" the caller. That's because the host knows it's someone he interacts with on a regular basis when he's off the air. Ever notice how much different a host will treat someone if they come on for a guest interview as compared to someone calling into the program? Like in Moody's case, he'll treat a driver, crew chief, etc. with a whole lot more respect than a regular caller. The plant gets treated with a lot more respect, too.

Pistone is making a jackass out of himself. Look, he has told us a million times he is Catholic. I get it. He doesn't think we should race on Easter. I say bull****. I loved it. It was a great way to end a great weekend. I loathe personal opinions shrouded as statements of fact.

Pistone is making a jackass out of himself. Look, he has told us a million times he is Catholic. I get it. He doesn't think we should race on Easter. I say bull****. I loved it. It was a great way to end a great weekend. I loathe personal opinions shrouded as statements of fact.

As a kid growing up in a Catholic household, I didn't like Easter because to me, it only meant two things: longer church, and no NASCAR race. LOL

As a kid growing up in a Catholic household, I didn't like Easter because to me, it only meant two things: longer church, and no NASCAR race. LOL
Similar vibes, but for me as an adult: crappy lunch I don’t like (ham) while having to spend all afternoon with my MIL. 😡🤣

That BS sounds more Amish than Catholic.

Not to steer away from the discussion but the only point I'll make is I hope that they continue to race on Easter, it was nice leaving my parent's house early ( I used my son as an excuse, "he started not to feel well") to come home at 6 and there was a race on. NBA Playoffs are on Easter (Christmas Day is HUGE for the NBA), MLB plays on Easter, NHL is playing on Easter and NFL plays on Christmas Eve or Day if the schedule falls that way. I think a 6pm Central Start was nice time, dinner was done and I was in bed by 10pm. While Iam for the drivers, pit crew, road crew and those in the industry getting their off weeks, I think its harmless to race on Easter Sunday. I hope this continues into a new tradition whether it be at Bristol or some other track if they (nascar) decide to change venues.

Poor Pete is sounding like a death bedder. He didnt take the Easter Change well it seems like. I think moving the July Daytona race and Indianapolis to the roval are all more egregious than racing on Easter Sunday.

When those goof balls start thinking they can change the schedule to suit them, they are too far gone for reasoning. He like so many others whined and complained, but I bet his happy ass was watching every lap, miserable, but watching anyway.

Back
Top Bottom