so....who WINS the first MONSTER cup?

Kyle puts down a monster lap. That car had ridiculous downforce.

Bring on NBC's hard on for him.

"Because I'm in a Toyota..right?"... Well, partially, yeah man lol He knows it

I'm going with Harvick. He's been awfully quiet (for Harvick) lately and I think he may be laying in the weeds.

I'm also expecting a dust-up between the #18 & #78 sometime before Homestead that may end their title hopes.

Nope, it just shows me that the final four are the best. That's why they are the final four. They should rename this forum Nascar haters forum. When I joined this spring I thought it would be people that enjoyed racing but I was wrong.
You need to lighten up. I'm not complaining about anything. I was making reference to the way everybody seems to stay out of the way of final four. You know, not racing them hard, just let them race each other, kind of stuff. I was just asking if anyone else noticed this.

You need to lighten up. I'm not complaining about anything. I was making reference to the way everybody seems to stay out of the way of final four. You know, not racing them hard, just let them race each other, kind of stuff. I was just asking if anyone else noticed this.
I didn't mean to pick on you solely. It's just that 80% of the posts on this forum are negative and I am sick of it.

I don't have a clue who will but the season champion should be Truex. He's crushing the competition this season. It's a damn shame that the season will come down to a made for television reality show format to determine our season's champion.

I don't have a clue who will but the season champion should be Truex. He's crushing the competition this season. It's a damn shame that the season will come down to a made for television reality show format to determine our season's champion.

I agree with that statement 100%. As much as I personally don't want to see it, the 78 team has earned it. If anybody else wins it, it will be a travesty. As I have repeatedly said, only a couple of teams have even earned the right to even have a shot at the 78.

Game 7 moments

Love them when they naturally occur. Just not a fan of the planned version.
Yea I prefer the organic game 7 moment myself, that's why I will always miss the old points system, but that's an old topic for another day. I think Truex has been the best this season and deserves the Cup up to this point, but we'll see what the 42 guys have to say about that.

Meh, the format is what it is. The only teams that have a right to challenge him are the teams who make the final. Speed all year gets you the title race. The title race matters.

So by the definition of a champion with these rules, whoever makes the final four deserves to challenge him.

If Johnson makes it in, it'll be tough to bet against him, just because of the psychological edge he has on the compitition. For a winner take all race, they'll bring speed, if they make it. But they need to find another tenth in speed, and about two tenths in traffic.

But in my opinion, it'll be Larson. I still think he outdrives himself, but there are two factors that have begun to win me over this season.

He's improving on restarts. He's won on two restarts. My only issue is that being the control car vs not being the control car gives a different mindset. That said, I think his confidence is better. I don't expect him to choke next time he is the control car. He may, but I expect an improved restart.

Secondly, he's been dominant at Homestead in two seasons where he didn't have speed. I think his chrystallization of driving at Homestead will give him an advantage there, similar to that of Harvick at Phoenix and Johnson at Dover, over time.

Larson gets it done this year.

Hopefully the champion will be the least deserving of the final four. Anything to expose this crapshoot for what it is.

I couldn't care less about the championship anymore, I just watch the races for the racing now.

I rooted for no neck one year for that very reason

Meh, had a 6th place car. Best he ran since Bristol spring

He might have had a 6th place car, but he didn't FINISH there. In the Chase nobody cars how well you RAN. The Hendrick cars are just treading water this year. It's only a matter of time before they get swamped by a big wave and drown.

Kyle Busch is my driver but no one beats the 78 unless he crashes or something.. dude almost still won the race yesterday with a messed up car smh.. whateva they doing , has them so much faster then anyone else

Game 7 moments

I watched a great game 7 moment yesterday as the play clock had 7 seconds left on it and Carson Wentz completed a pass to Alshon Jeffery who got out of bounds with 1 second left. The score between the Eagles and Giants was tied at 24 and out comes the Eagles 22 year old kicker, in his second pro game, to try and win it with a 61 yard field goal. The kick was good, the Birds won and the kicker was carried off the field by his teammates.

IMO Nascar does not lend itself to that sort of thing which is fine with me but what is not fine is artificially attempting to force these things to happen which doesn't work.

I think Kyle Busch will win if he's in the final four. Especially if it comes down to a late race restart. Busch is a better driver than Truex -- and he's getting hot at the right time.

It's Dover week. If there's any time for the 48, it's now. I think we'll have a clear idea come Monday

This. Its the measuring stick.

Last year, Truex lapped the entire field. And Jimmie had him covered before the mechanical issue. I called #7 when I saw he was outrunning Truex.

How he runs at Dover will likely let us know where that team is at. Anything other than top 3 speed, stick a fork in their season

As far as game 7s.. how about Tom Brady?

Idc what people say, Aaron Rogers is not better than Brady. Talent only is one dimension how good a "pro" is. It is the same reason why Kyle Busch isn't as good a race car driver as Jimmie Johnson, why Lebron isn't as good as Jordan..etc

If not Jimmie I hope Brad or Kyle. We need another multi time champion
Truex, either Kyle, Brad or Jimmie would each be a worthy Champion in their own way. Heck, I can even see Harvick pulling it off and...that's why we watch.

Back
Top Bottom