SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

Rutledge and Digger two things I'll never understand why people hate as much as they do.
Digger I can understand. He was force-fed to us each time they felt the need to show us a shot from the camera carrying his name. When they decided to produce a cartoon for the NASCAR fan's weekly consumption that's where a bad idea took a turn for the worse. That being said, people still lined up in front of the little rat's souvenir hauler to buy their item of choice bearing his likeness so I guess there are some out there that like him.

Rutledge is not on the race broadcast so it doesn't really bother me. That being said I wouldn't buy his shirt either.

Digger I can understand. He was force-fed to us each time they felt the need to show us a shot from the camera carrying his name. When they decided to produce a cartoon for the NASCAR fan's weekly consumption that's where a bad idea took a turn for the worse. That being said, people still lined up in front of the little rat's souvenir hauler to buy their item of choice bearing his likeness so I guess there are some out there that like him.

Rutledge is not on the race broadcast so it doesn't really bother me. That being said I wouldn't buy his shirt either.

If they had Rutledge pop out of a hole, I would be all for it.

My problem with digger and wood is simply that their appearance should be aimed at the under ten yr olds that are tuning in with their parents . They should be educational and funny for the kids . Instead they seem to be aimed at the adult audience and their humor is in no way needed .

NASCAR
serious-business1.jpeg

You forgot "and get run over by the lead pack." C'mon, a guy named Rutledge should be emceeing either a Justin Beaver concert or doing snooty wine shows.

There's one for fender to play around with ;)

And on behalf of all Canadians, I apologise for Justin Beiber and Celine Dion. However, you're welcome for Shania Twain ;)

Rutledge and Digger two things I'll never understand why people hate as much as they do.
When I want cartoons, I watch Cartoon Network. When I want comedy, I watch Comedy Channel. I feel the same way about that robot Fox uses as part of its NFL coverage and whichever comedian they have making predictions during their pre-game shows. Ditto musicians being inserted for 'theme songs'.

I don't have attention deficit disorder; I can find plenty of entertainment in a televised sporting event without requiring a constant whirl of new gimmicks.

Rutledge is perfectly welcome to be the in-race reporter on a Daytona jet dryer.

When I want cartoons, I watch Cartoon Network. When I want comedy, I watch Comedy Channel. I feel the same way about that robot Fox uses as part of its NFL coverage and whichever comedian they have making predictions during their pre-game shows. Ditto musicians being inserted for 'theme songs'.

I don't have attention deficit disorder; I can find plenty of entertainment in a televised sporting event without requiring a constant whirl of new gimmicks.

Rutledge is perfectly welcome to be the in-race reporter on a Daytona jet dryer.

Zactly!

I think Nascar will be fine.. less motorsports overall which will suck but I'm sure they'll find a home somewhere. It's not like Fox sports 1 is gonna ditch Nascar when they don't have other prime sports to fill the weekend.

I think Nascar will be fine.. less motorsports overall which will suck but I'm sure they'll find a home somewhere. It's not like Fox sports 1 is gonna ditch Nascar when they don't have other prime sports to fill the weekend.

I still think a lot more motorsports coverage goes to NBC Sports Network.

NBC sports has been really aggressive lately. I love that Network.. I'm not into F1 but what NBC sports has done for that series and Indycar is amazing.

I hope they keep the NASCAR News shows around but I don't think I'd really miss them if they didn't. By the time anything makes it to broadcast it's already been all over the internet for hours.

NBC sports has been really aggressive lately. I love that Network.. I'm not into F1 but what NBC sports has done for that series and Indycar is amazing.

I think they're going to make a serious push for NASCAR. I hope they do - enjoyed them a lot more than FOX when they were around. NASCAR Nonstop would be a plus.

I think they're going to make a serious push for NASCAR. I hope they do - enjoyed them a lot more than FOX when they were around. NASCAR Nonstop would be a plus.

But didn't everyone throw a tantrum because of the number of commercials they'd air during their network broadcasts?

Looks like they are cutting out the fluff like re-runs of Pass Time, R U Faster Than a Redneck, and all that crap and replacing most of it with actual sports programming. I like it.

Bad news: SPEED Center cancelled. Wind Tunnel cancelled. Dave Despain out of a job. Race Hub becoming a daily program in the afternoon on FS1. Basically, most of SPEED's staff is going to be filing for unemployment when FS1 launches. Shame.

Good news: RaceDay and Trackside remain. R U Faster Than A Redneck and other fluff puff reality shows cancelled. Supercross remains on FOX Sports 1. Truck Series, NASCAR practice/quals and Cup remains on FS1. And ARCA remains on FS1 though they've also signed a deal with NBC.

You've got my eyes crossed andy, I'll wait for the movie. ;)

I can't imagine Trackside and RaceDay remaining on after this year for the second half of the season. Right now, it's produced by NASCAR Productions. I can't imagine FOX Sports 1 promoting ESPN (or NBC;)) races.

Also, still no television deal for Nationwide or Cup races that aren't on FOX. FOX and ESPN both have other sports that get higher ratings than the Nationwide Series. ESPN has no desire in retaining the Nationwide Series. That leaves NBC and NBC Sports Network. The only ratings they get is hockey and most Nationwide races get higher ratings than the Canadian sport does.

Bad news: SPEED Center cancelled. Wind Tunnel cancelled. Dave Despain out of a job. Race Hub becoming a daily program in the afternoon on FS1. Basically, most of SPEED's staff is going to be filing for unemployment when FS1 launches. Shame.

Good news: RaceDay and Trackside remain. R U Faster Than A Redneck and other fluff puff reality shows cancelled. Supercross remains on FOX Sports 1. Truck Series, NASCAR practice/quals and Cup remains on FS1. And ARCA remains on FS1 though they've also signed a deal with NBC.

I'm not surprised Wind Tunnel was cancelled. They'd already cut it down to a half hour.

I'm not surprised Wind Tunnel was cancelled. They'd already cut it down to a half hour.

If I was heading NBC Sports Network, I'd be on the phone with Dave Despain right now. A daily motorsports talk program with Dave Despain and Robin Miller would be must see television.

I wish they would do another Inside Nextel Cup show like they used to do with allen Bestwick, Michael Waltrip, Schrader and Benson. That was a great show that I looked forward to watching each week, then it went to crap when they tried to become serious. What made the show so good was them goofing off all the time.

Doesn't race hub have Daniele Trotta? YUM!!!!:D
I saw a show yesterday with swamp buggies and a segment on a figure 8 track, it was friggin great. I think it was that "On The Edge" Deal sponsored by Lucas oil. Would hate to see programs like that go away.

Doesn't race hub have Daniele Trotta? YUM!!!!:D
I saw a show yesterday with swamp buggies and a segment on a figure 8 track, it was friggin great. I think it was that "On The Edge" Deal sponsored by Lucas oil. Would hate to see programs like that go away.

Lucas Oil Motorsports also airs on NBC Sports Network and on the Lucas Oil owned MavTV television network.

If I was heading NBC Sports Network, I'd be on the phone with Dave Despain right now. A daily motorsports talk program with Dave Despain and Robin Miller would be must see television.

Yeah, not the first time Despain has been canceled, I expect him to land on his feet. Still, sad, I really liked WindTunnel.

Related:

Back
Top Bottom