SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

Yeah, that was reported alongside the Speed announcement, I think. Personally, I'd make Fuel TV and Fox Soccer Net my Fox Sports 1 and 2, but whatever. Admittedly, as a non-soccer fan it's easy for me to tell them to take away somebody else's channel.

FOX Soccer is being relaunched as FXX.

Retiring SPEED and relaunching it as FOX Sports 1 makes more sense than what you suggested. SPEED is pretty much a basic-tier network on most cable providers.

There is nothing that I have seen scheduled on the Fuel channel that I would be the least bit interested in.

Retiring SPEED and relaunching it as FOX Sports 1 makes more sense than what you suggested. SPEED is pretty much a basic-tier network on most cable providers.

Not anymore. Speed was one of three or four channels removed from the Charter lineup in the Fort Worth area for TVs without the box over a year before Charter got rid of cable for all TVs without a box period, and Time Warner Cable in the Dallas area just removed Speed from their lineup for TVs without the box a few weeks ago while keeping pretty much every other channel.

I read that in September, FS1 will have "at least" 3 football games on Saturdays. Better hope ESPN is covering the full gamut of NASCAR activity because that's the whole schedule. Not much left for any racing. Also, what is happening with Sportcars? Looks like the new series won't be on FS1 unless they stop racing at Labor Day.

I've heard the sports car races will be on FOX. I guess FOX Sports 2 will pick up some of this stuff. ARCA was smart to sign a limited deal with NBC. So far, nobody else has been smart enough to do that.

Fox sports one runs their commercial constantly with the wrecks and Gordon shoving Kenseth.
What band and song is that they're playing. I like it.
Any guesses?

not on comcast in south. 3rd pricin tier......everything but hbo/sho/tmc/starz/etc.

too many a' us redneck race fans down here wilin ta pay. an comcast takes advantage a' that.

when speed becomes fs1.....fox will prolly demand espn tier status .....??

same here on "hooterville" cable, I have to go up two tiers for speed, couldn't be more than it already is.

More actual racing and less reality crap and I'm down.

Bring in some quality motorcycle stuff like the Isle Of Man TT, Dakar Off-road race and Baja 1000.

problem is stick and ball stuff is cheap to televise. little space to cover, small crew. Motorsports, different story. That is why I was hoping for more programming for sprints and small track stuff.

same here on "hooterville" cable, I have to go up two tiers for speed, couldn't be more than it already is.

hope fs1 will demand basic tier status.....just like espn....nbcsn...
bye-bye 3rd tier/ prem. channels crap fer me. hello netflix ....

There is nothing that I have seen scheduled on the Fuel channel that I would be the least bit interested in.
They had some motorcross on there once. I'll watch that if there's nothing else with an engine on TV. I have some cousins who are really into that. They go all around the midwest going to motocross events. I told them to call me when they get to AMA Superbikes. :D

But yes, for a channel called "Fuel" they didn't have very much racing on. Seemed like a lot of UFC stuff. Which is very popular these days, but not my cup of tea. I always assumed with that stuff the best events they saved for their pay per views. I don't think any great MMA fights are going to be on cable TV, but that's just my outside opinion as a layman.

There's a lot of good racing in those lower ranks right now such as ARCA and K&N.

Just heard that Fox Sports 1 is cutting Race Hub from 60 minutes back to 30. That kinda sucks.

They had some motorcross on there once. I'll watch that if there's nothing else with an engine on TV. I have some cousins who are really into that. They go all around the midwest going to motocross events. I told them to call me when they get to AMA Superbikes. :D

But yes, for a channel called "Fuel" they didn't have very much racing on. Seemed like a lot of UFC stuff. Which is very popular these days, but not my cup of tea. I always assumed with that stuff the best events they saved for their pay per views. I don't think any great MMA fights are going to be on cable TV, but that's just my outside opinion as a layman.

Fuel use to be an awesome channel with nothing but extreme sports. then mma got popular and that is all they show on that channel.

Is FS2 getting V8 Supercars? I doubt FS1 will hang on to that series but it would be nice to still have it on TV.

ESPN was scheduled to televise Pittsburgh-Oakland Wednesday night. The game was delayed and ESPN chose to bounce around between several games, many of which were on regional FSN networks. In doing so, they gave FS1 some free promotion.

fox-sports-1-promo-on-espn_zps050b7c8e.jpg

fox-sports-1-promo-on-espn2_zps926ee794.jpg

fox-sports-1-promo-on-espn1_zps93287468.jpg

Popular? Have you SEEN the ratings for UFC on FOX and FX?

Have you SEEN the fight cards they put together for UFC on FOX and FX? They don't care about those ratings. Their money is in the PPV's. They aren't going to put their main eventers on FOX and FX, so nobody's going to watch.

Have you SEEN the fight cards they put together for UFC on FOX and FX? They don't care about those ratings. Their money is in the PPV's. They aren't going to put their main eventers on FOX and FX, so nobody's going to watch.

It doesn't help that there is waaaaaaaaayyyyy too much MMA on TV. I don't think there is any sport in America that gets as much exposure. I could put a cage in my front yard and get two idiots to fight each other and FOX Sports 1 would televise it live in high definition.

Advertising and ratings don't always go hand in hand. MMA's one of those deals where advertising revenue beats all. The networks cut a profit, even if the ratings are miserable, because the "extreme sports" advertisers pump good money in to that sport. Not to mention MMA is the reality TV of sports. Cheap to produce. You could realistically air a fight with only one stationary camera and not miss anything. You can't say the same for racing, baseball or even football for that matter.

I'll admit, I prefer traditional boxing over MMA... I personally find MMA to be somewhat boring. And I can honestly say, I don't know many people who watch it.

I'm the opposite. I prefer MMA over boxing. I'd rather see people be able to go to the ground kicking and kneeing and punching than just dancing around a ring throw punches every now and then. I've just never been a boxing fan. I'm not huge on MMA either, but between the two, I'll take MMA. Around here, it's quite opposite. MMA rules over boxing. I do agree that there is too much of it. I think that's actually hurting their PPV buy rates as well.

Where does Moto GP go? I know i'm gonna get my fill of nascar although after this year, bye bye modfieds races :( but the overseas motorsports I love seems like its got nowhere to go now..

Where does Moto GP go? I know i'm gonna get my fill of nascar although after this year, bye bye modfieds races :( but the overseas motorsports I love seems like its got nowhere to go now..

Not televised in America, probably.

I'm really hoping NBC Sports Network keeps getting more motorsports. I know they have too much other stuff to turn it in to an all motorsports channel though.

nbcsn will prolly put msnbc's weekend "lockup" on as amateur mma. ha!

problem is stick and ball stuff is cheap to televise. little space to cover, small crew. Motorsports, different story. That is why I was hoping for more programming for sprints and small track stuff.
Yeh me too like it used to be way back when Speed started.

Back
Top Bottom