Spring/Summer weather thread.

OK, I think it's time to wrap this winter thread up and start a Spring Weather thread.B)

what is winter? I had my ceiling fan on full speed and my box fan in the window on medium speed last night, I was sweating like mad.

We hit 70 today....was nice during the day but really starting to cool off over night....mid 50's

In the 80's yesterday and so far today, the very high fifties and predicted to go to 70. Possible rain. Just returned from northwest NJ (Sussex & Warren County areas) and noted the trees are starting to bloom. New Jersey is two to three weeks behind NC in Mother Natures spring activity. I'm just glad to see spring. Getting so winter in NC is too cold for an old fart like me!

A beautiful day down here. My phone says 60 but the thermometer on my back door (in the shade) says 75
Either way its a beautiful day to turn 51 :cheers:

Serious rain in the Carolinas tonight and tomorrow.
Currently 88 degrees at almost 8pm. Windows open tonight, should get down to low 60's before the sun comes up.

Went on a day-hike in the Cleveland National Forest today... It was HOT! I know it's been a dry year here but I was shocked at how little running water there was after a pretty solid rain on Friday and Saturday. Still bitchin though. I love walking through the woods.

Been watching for two days. So far, the worse weather has gone on either side of Raleigh but this morning it is predicted it will be high tornado watch and severe storms. My Bride and I did a practice run yesterday, gathering up the corgis and getting to a "protected" area under the house. Tornados are scary things as I recall quite vividly being on the edge of one that roared through Bryan and College Station in April, 1956.

Florida's weather is so bipolar...

It was like 96 on Monday, 86 yesterday, and now 81 today. Then rain will be on and off.

Winter come back soon...

NW, I watch a Bald Eagle's nest in Minnesota -- if you're having the miserable weather they've been having, you've had it rough.
One of the 3 babies succumbed to the cold and rain. The other 2 seem to be doing OK.

Had to run up to the grocery store at 8:30 PM. Shorts and sandals. Finally!!! :partytime

After watching the weather in his area it will be interesting to hear how he made out as it looks as if they got hammered with one report of 5 inches of rain in one hour. I can't imagine what it must have been like with rain fall that fast. Hope everything is okay. I know at RDU last night there were numerous delays, cancellations because of foul weather across the country.

After watching the weather in his area it will be interesting to hear how he made out as it looks as if they got hammered with one report of 5 inches of rain in one hour. I can't imagine what it must have been like with rain fall that fast. Hope everything is okay. I know at RDU last night there were numerous delays, cancellations because of foul weather across the country.
True there has been BIG flooding in FLA. Hope J and the Mrs are OK

We're fine guy's. We're on a hill with not much damage but it's like we had a Hurricane and an earthquake at the same time. A lot of streets and roads just gone, gas lines broken and spewing gas, even our jail had a gas leak and exploded with over a hundred injured. One end of the damn building caved in on them when it exploded. We have friends and family that lost everything and I mean everything but what they had in their pockets. Homes, furnishings, cars, trucks, boats, RVs, everything. But that's just mother nature and we're used to her cranky mood's. Thanks for checking on us.

Good to see you made it through safely, Johali. I could not believe the destruction in Florida --- just horrendous. Hurricane and earthquake at the same time doesn't even begin to describe what you went through.

Back
Top Bottom