Spring/Summer weather thread.

Gonna be hot this week, but Saturday and Sunday were brilliant after all the rain the east coast had on Friday.

Hot and clear here but the wind has been blowing too hard to go fishing for three weeks.

Started mowing the pasture, only managed an hour before the heat/humidity got to me. Oh, well, it will still be there tomorrow.
Summer has arrived with a vengeance.

Clutch, I love the pics. But did you have to post them. :D

It's been a wet June but the weather broke for the car show at the fairgrounds this weekend. The Mississippi River is about 25 feet higher than normal. We've probably gained a few hundred more lakes in MN.

76 right now, 90% humidity, no wind --- perfect for setting the burn pile on fire. Took more diesel to get it going than I expected --- had a very light drizzle of rain early this AM, wetter than I thought.
But it finally went up and is now almost gone. The crew that clears brush was here yesterday and really did a job clearing out the stuff I just couldn't do. Still have one monstrous burn pile, but it will have to wait a bit.
They will be back tomorrow to work at the back of the house --- the combined years of drought and rough winter storms took out trees and limbs all over the place.

Haven't seen a bit of sun today --- but that doesn't bother me a bit.

93 degrees, 92% humidity. Sweltering heat and It's just June. Lordy Lordy thank goodness for AC. For those of you that have never been to our beaches here's a tidbit for you. From Perdido Key to Panama City Beach Fl. we have arguably the whitest sand beaches on the planet. They're made of pure quartz crystals and In the summer It's so hot It's like walking on a mirror. That's why the uninitiated sunbathers gets burnt to a crisp before they know it.

93 degrees, 92% humidity. Sweltering heat and It's just June. Lordy Lordy thank goodness for AC. For those of you that have never been to our beaches here's a tidbit for you. From Perdido Key to Panama City Beach Fl. we have arguably the whitest sand beaches on the planet. They're made of pure quartz crystals and In the summer It's so hot It's like walking on a mirror. That's why the uninitiated sunbathers gets burnt to a crisp before they know it.
The place sounds beautiful Johali I've been up north for a few days and yesterday I was at one of our white beaches called Rarawa always stop in when I'm passing by.
Whiter than most if our other beaches.it was only 70 but it is winter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403513587.561132.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403513620.228759.jpg

The land down under is the one place I never made it to. I've heard nothing but great things about it. It looks really nice. Hopefully I'll have time to go one day.

Local Stock photos but you get the idea. These are within a couple of miles of my home. They call it sugar sand and if you don't have a very good four wheel drive vehicle don't pull even one drive wheel off of the pavement or you'll be one of hundreds that one of us locals pull out every year.

item3.rendition.slideshowWideHorizontal.4-james-lee-park-beach-destin-uppercut-images-alamy.jpg
okaloosa-white-sand1.jpg

filename-dscn2306-jpg.jpg
Pensacola-Beach:-Road-Updated_02.jpg

The land down under is the one place I never made it to. I've heard nothing but great things about it. It looks really nice. Hopefully I'll have time to go one day.

Local Stock photos but you get the idea. These are within a couple of miles of my home. They call it sugar sand and if you don't have a very good four wheel drive vehicle don't pull even one drive wheel off of the pavement or you'll be one of hundreds that one of us locals pull out every year.

item3.rendition.slideshowWideHorizontal.4-james-lee-park-beach-destin-uppercut-images-alamy.jpg
okaloosa-white-sand1.jpg

The place looks awesome Johali!!!

okaloosa-white-sand1.jpg

It kinda looks like you just had a snowfall which is what the wife said to me yesterday at the beach I posted pics of....when we came in it looked like snow.

It does look like snow. Don't feel like it but looks like it. :D

One day when we get to go down under I'll let you know so you can tell me where the best places to go outside of the tourist spots. Well, gotta go, later.

There are beach folks and inland folks, you all know which one I am. There are tons of people that have lived 20 miles and further inland from here that have never been or only been once or twice to the beach. It takes all kinds.

There are beach folks and inland folks, you all know which one I am. There are tons of people that have lived 20 miles and further inland from here that have never been or only been once or twice to the beach. It takes all kinds.
I swear, beach folk are more relaxed. Somethin bout the saltwater I guess. Im 15 mins from the edge of America everyday :partytime

I swear, beach folk are more relaxed. Somethin bout the saltwater I guess. Im 15 mins from the edge of America everyday :partytime
I live on the South Coast, been here all my life and absolutely love it.

Nasty and rainy. Yuck. I wanna go fishin.

Not exactly my backyard.. About 4 hours east.. Where I love to spend as much time as possible during the summer. Colorado River, Parker, Arizona. I was just here two weeks ago.

Here's big bend, upriver on the right. We tent camp out of those cabanas on the far left.
image.jpg
Just downriver from the cabanas. California is on the other side of the river.
image.jpg
Here's a view from the California side. Upriver from our camping spot.
image.jpg

If you're there midweek you have the water to yourself damn near. This is by far my favorite place I've ever been to and I've been coming back for 20 years. Love the heat, love the smell, LOVE the rocks, love the Native American culture that has been preserved.. The place is just gorgeous.

Dam to dam is 17 miles.

Note: Not my pictures. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited:
There is something about the water. The only water around here is a lake which I am going to spend some time at this summer. I will post some pics.

It's a little humid here today, with a slight breeze.

Not exactly my backyard.. About 4 hours east.. Where I love to spend as much time as possible during the summer. Colorado River, Parker, Arizona. I was just here two weeks ago.

Here's big bend, upriver on the right. We tent camp out of those cabanas on the far left.
View attachment 13754 Just downriver from the cabanas. California is on the other side of the river.View attachment 13755 Here's a view from the California side. Upriver from our camping spot.View attachment 13756

If you're there midweek you have the water to yourself damn near. This is by far my favorite place I've ever been to and I've been coming back for 20 years. Love the heat, love the smell, LOVE the rocks, love the Native American culture that has been preserved.. The place is just gorgeous.

Dam to dam is 17 miles.

Note: Not my pictures. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Couldn't be more different from where I live but one helluva fine lookin place. Maybe I'll make it out there one day. :D

Couldn't be more different from where I live but one helluva fine lookin place. Maybe I'll make it out there one day. :D

I am a total desert/river rat. It's gorgeous. I strongly recommend it if you're ever on a cross country trip.

I am a total desert/river rat. It's gorgeous. I strongly recommend it if you're ever on a cross country trip.
Next time we're out that way visiting some of the wife's relatives we'll check it out.

Everyone in the path of Hurricane Arthur, stay safe.

We get it here Saturday afternoon :)

No impacts from Hurricane Arthur here yet but there is a strong cold front sitting over us. We should get some rain from the hurricane later today though. That thing's gotten big.

96 degrees, 94% humidity and it's just July 3rd.

I think it's gonna be a hot one in late summer.
I'm afraid you're right, Bobby.
Just put water seal on the back deck -- 2 gallons because it was so dried out from last summer. I'd spray a board and it would soak in so quickly it looked
as if I'd not sprayed it. Was going to do it last month, but we had so much rain, it would never dry
enough to do the job.
Not quite 80 here, but humidity is a killer. Just barely had to energy to finish the job. There may not be any more outside
chores done today.

Last night the weather cooperated for a change for the fireworks show on the water. Temperature at dusk was 75, humidity was 46% but today it's back to miserable. But It's all good, I'm well aware of where I live. :D

Last edited:
Last night the weather cooperated for a change for the fireworks show on the water. Temperature at dusk was 75, humidity was 46% but today it's back to miserable. But It's all good I'm well aware of where I live. :D
You can go swimming without getting in the water :D

Back
Top Bottom