SRX RACING 2021

She's also going to outright dump people when she gets the chance. That's her reputation. She better be willing to take it if she's leading a Truck or Xfinity race and gets dumped for the win.
She has said that exact thing - she knows she will be raced how she races others. Watched a vid of her in ARCA where she said she expected to be dumped and she was.

good point tho Andrew

She has said that exact thing - she knows she will be raced how she races others. Watched a vid of her in ARCA where she said she expected to be dumped and she was.

good point tho Andrew

I don't like these kids, so don't think I'm singling out Hailie. The veterans are being priced out of short track racing by rich kids and being run out of NASCAR, and this new crop thinks that the only way to pass drivers is to slam your bumper through them.

I'm getting sick of going to races and seeing them come down to guys and girls just flat out wrecking each other. There's no damn respect anymore.

I don't like these kids, so don't think I'm singling out Hailie. The veterans are being priced out of short track racing by rich kids and being run out of NASCAR, and this new crop thinks that the only way to pass drivers is to slam your bumper through them.

I'm getting sick of going to races and seeing them come down to guys and girls just flat out wrecking each other. There's no damn respect anymore.

Ugh - I didnt think about that angle. I hope it changes around. Racing isnt about WWF style wrecking all the time. Sometimes you need to move a car, but not EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

What is your opinion of Dale Sr? Was "rattling their cage" OK with you or did you appreciate the Mark Martin way?

Um........... I was a Mark Martin fan.
Me too behind Bill Elliot. I hate seeing the bumper used but agree with the idea of racing those same way they race you. Bullrings almost require some rooting & gouging if you plan to run top 5. I only have a problem with it if/when it's used every week and on bigger tracks. As for Paul Tracey...I'd spin him out every time I got the chance. He's a whiner. Always been.

Me too behind Bill Elliot. I hate seeing the bumper used but agree with the idea of racing those same way they race you. Bullrings almost require some rooting & gouging if you plan to run top 5. I only have a problem with it if/when it's used every week and on bigger tracks. As for Paul Tracey...I'd spin him out every time I got the chance. He's a whiner. Always been.

Paul Tracy is who he is but Hailie Deegan has a reputation too.

Bullrings require some rooting and gouging but, again, Deegan has a reputation for just driving through the car in front of her no matter what too. Some people can pass cars clean at those type of tracks all the time, and some make contact with every car in front of them.

One of the first races I ever watched, I was cheering for Mark Martin and Dale Earnhardt intentionally wrecked him for no reason whatsoever (Charlotte 600 one year). I was never a fan after that, and it was a more infamous Earnhardt incident as it was unprovoked and unnecessary and intentional. Only time I cheered for Dale, aside from his 500 win, was when he ran the red white and blue paint scheme at Charlotte.

From what I recall, Deegan and Tracy made contact several times before that one where Tracy ended up wrecked.

But, yeah,. Deegan will be raced how she races others.

the best way not to get hit in the back is go faster or move.:boxing::boxing:
one of my best passes in a desert race was. i push the guy in front of me in to the next guy. they both moved.

I'll make this brief as I don't want to dampen the discussion among the SRX fans...

I'm completely ambivalent to this Grandpa Racing Exhibition. I've watched several of the broadcasts, but my interest wanes more each time. SRX doesn't excite me as racing among top drivers and teams, and it doesn't entertain me as a diversion. Perhaps #SRX-TheMusical will be produced and directed for season 2? At least IROC had top drivers competing, which did make it interesting for me.

I hear you saying... SRX nailed it... This is perfect entertainment... This is what Nascar should be doing. These comments don't bode well for the future of legitimate racing, IMO. Clearly some of y'all see racing as an entertainment genre that I just can't relate to and can't understand.

Tony Stewart has long been a vocal critic of Nascar when they make decisions in favor of entertainment which might detract from sporting legitimacy. But what he has done is create SRX to compete against legitimate racing... not his first hypocritical move.

Just my dos centavos.

I'll make this brief as I don't want to dampen the discussion among the SRX fans...

I'm completely ambivalent to this Grandpa Racing Exhibition. I've watched several of the broadcasts, but my interest wanes more each time. SRX doesn't excite me as racing among top drivers and teams, and it doesn't entertain me as a diversion. Perhaps #SRX-TheMusical will be produced and directed for season 2? At least IROC had top drivers competing, which did make it interesting for me.

I hear you saying... SRX nailed it... This is perfect entertainment... This is what Nascar should be doing. These comments don't bode well for the future of legitimate racing, IMO. Clearly some of y'all see racing as an entertainment genre that I just can't relate to and can't understand.

Tony Stewart has long been a vocal critic of Nascar when they make decisions in favor of entertainment which might detract from sporting legitimacy. But what he has done is create SRX to compete against legitimate racing... not his first hypocritical move.

Just my dos centavos.
To me the big difference is this series has been up front about it being about fun and entertainment. Yeah they throw a caution to bunch the field back up, but at least they're up front about it instead of a "debris" caution. They hold off throwing the green to try to get damaged cars back out, but they come right out and say that.

To me this series is about the show and people involved as much as it is about the racing.

What Nascar needs to learn from SRX is that in many cases they're going after the wrong market and need to get back to their roots. Go to these small tracks they put on a good show, people show up to watch and you get like 1.3 million viewers watching basically an exhibition race on a Saturday night in the summer. Saturday nights in the summer are hard to pull viewership and these guys are doing it without the top drivers and teams.

What Nascar needs to learn from SRX is that in many cases they're going after the wrong market and need to get back to their roots. Go to these small tracks they put on a good show, people show up to watch and you get like 1.3 million viewers watching basically an exhibition race on a Saturday night in the summer. Saturday nights in the summer are hard to pull viewership and these guys are doing it without the top drivers and teams.
In this scenario, where does the prize money come from?

In this scenario, where does the prize money come from?

Pretty much the same place it came from for the vast majority of last season when we had no fans in the stands, TV money. I'm pretty sure ticket money is not covering sanctioning and prize money at most tracks. I thought nascar learned that building the 1.5 cookie cutter tracks because you can pack more fans in they doesn't produce good racing years ago.

Pretty much the same place it came from for the vast majority of last season when we had no fans in the stands, TV money. I'm pretty sure ticket money is not covering sanctioning and prize money at most tracks. I thought nascar learned that building the 1.5 cookie cutter tracks because you can pack more fans in they doesn't produce good racing years ago.
Do you really think that would work in the long term? How long would it take before people at these same small tracks say I think I will wait until they are gone and watch the regulars at the track. Doesn't make any sense to me, no camping, no room for fans, or racing equipment and this is supposed to make the most popular series in the country more popular?

The tracks ate it because they had no choice. It's likely NASCAR reduced sanction fees but I have no evidence of that.

If you're dissatisfied with the National / Professional aspects of this particular form of motorsport, you have many options.

The weather just does not look particularly favorable for this evening's race. I wonder when they would reschedule if it should rain out tonight?

At least IROC had top drivers competing, which did make it interesting for me.
Interesting...who won the Indianapolis 500 this year?

Francis Jr. has been a lightning rod almost every where he touches a wheel, and Marco was shuffled out of Indy cars possibly way too young and his improvement with at least this types of cars has been not only decent, but out standing.

If Chase mops the field tonight, I will contend that you have a point, but if he does not, I will say that there still is some real competition here.

I do agree that they should have a couple more current drivers thought. 12 cars should be 16 with four piloted by active current drivers.

That being said, I am impressed with Deegan, she is basically a rookie and believe even this experience will make her better going forward. But that 17 year old kid last week... believe this series makes him a blip on the national radar now.

Andretti is trying to put a deal together to run a couple of Xfinity races next year. I can't help but think his performance in a fendered car in the SRX competition helped to influence his decision to go forward. One of the pitfalls of the IROC series was that during the end of it's run the series consisted mainly of Nascar drivers and it was a nightmare trying to juggle the scheduling. Not much of a draw watching the same drivers that competed in Nascar doing the same thing in IROC. Evernham is not making the same mistake. Bringing big names to these small venues gives those fans a chance to hang out with the greats in the sport of motor racing. Evernham is not making a whole lot of costly and complicated mistakes that IROC made.

They had Deegan in Kanaan's car, but it looks like he made it after all for the last race.

Deegan gets the red white and blue

It was pretty cool to see Bill and Chase racing for the lead. I recall Bobby & Davey Allison and Mario & Michael Andretti racing for wins (the fathers won both those races, the sons finished 2nd). I enjoyed the SRX races I've seen. I hope the series returns.

It was pretty cool to see Bill and Chase racing for the lead. I recall Bobby & Davey Allison and Mario & Michael Andretti racing for wins (the fathers won both those races, the sons finished 2nd). I enjoyed the SRX races I've seen. I hope the series returns.
I don't know why it wouldn't. It sure seems to have been a success. Hopefully we'll hear an announcement soon.

flr7huu040c71.jpg

Mark said he was asked for this season and turned it down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That Deegan vlog is the first I could get through. She's learning to slow her speaking voice down so she's understandable. Sure appears Ray thinks she's the real deal.

That Deegan vlog is the first I could get through. She's learning to slow her speaking voice down so she's understandable. Sure appears Ray thinks she's the real deal.
I know when I caught when she was talking about what the car was doing and what the car needs, my first thought was you never heard those words in Danica's vocabulary. She's already a star IMO. Old survey says Nascar has the highest percentage of female fans. Looks pretty close when looking at the stands.

Interesting Facebook post and pictures by Shana Mayfield about her and Jeremy's time at the race in Nashville this past weekend. Wished I could post the link but can't figure out how. Maybe somebody else can.

Back
Top Bottom