State Of The Sport

Here's how dopey the Marks article is. I watched the Turkey Night Grand Prix last night. I also watched part of the evening NFL game.

For those that don't know, that's a midget race on a dirt oval. It has been held every year over Thanksgiving since before the NBA existed and since a time when an NFL game consisted of a few completed forward passes per game.

Overnight TV ratings reveal that the NFL game was watched by an average of 17 million people. For all I know, the Turkey Night Grand Prix was watched by a total of 17,000. It probably wasn't much more, to be honest. Yet there were more than 70 cars in the pits, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell were competing and having the time of their lives. I watched it from the comfort of my living room, just as I watched the NFL game before that.

Tell me more about how technology and how "we" consume sports is bad for racing and demands an existential crisis.
I drove 200 miles round trip, paid $89.00 for a hotel, spent $95.00 for tickets, spent around $80.00 for food and drinks, and sat on cold hard wood bleachers that were pretty full of a lot of other fans having a great time watching the largest field of drivers at the Turkey Night Grand Prix since 1998... Plus, I met another racing forums member that happened to be sitting right in front of me. There was a lot of great racing and I had a blast and will definitely go back next year if possible.:)

so that is reality? are you hooting now or ya have the lipstick. Decisions decisions state of the sport..

I don’t recall ever trying to cover Nascar with lipstick when it comes too attendance, ratings or the 2019 rules. I do know one guy that thinks up is down and is a professional goalpost mover though:D

Back
Top Bottom