Stewart-Haas Racing

If I’m a driver for SHR I’m definitely putting out feelers for next year.
From the article. Tough spot to be in.

Chase Briscoe sits 14th in points and SHR holds an option on him for next year. He has yet to hear anything and isn't supposed to be talking to other teams.

"I am not really allowed to [talk to other teams] until somebody tells me what I can do — until they tell me if they're picking me back up for next year or if there is a next year, nobody really knows for next year," Briscoe said last week at Darlington.

Meh … the 4 of them can run Tony’s SRX Series next year.

Or go sprint car racing with Tony’s All Star Circuit of Champions.

If it’s ok with the new owner, they can spend their time fishing in the creek that runs through Tony’s house.

It costs a lot of money to replace a race engine’s crankshaft, rods, pistons, rings, bearings, valve train and cylinder heads every 3.2 seconds.

The second Tony got the bug for drag racing, that team completely fell apart. He just doesn’t have the focus to run a team in my opinion

The whole ‘unapologetic rrrrracers’ campaign was pretty funny at the time, but would look even goofier if they wind up blowing it all up six months later.

Priorities and interests change, just give your drivers and all the guys at the shop some clarity, or even just an idea, as to what’s going on so they can start looking for new opportunities. Communication does not appear to be a strong suit at the top of that org.

That SHR plate is way too full imo. I mean when F1 came to their shop I thought
they should've gone to a 2 car Cup team then. Now throw in SRX and NHRA on top
of all that it was destined to start getting wobbly. Only one man on the planet who
could pull all that off is Penske. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

That SHR plate is way too full imo. I mean when F1 came to their shop I thought
they should've gone to a 2 car Cup team then. Now throw in SRX and NHRA on top
of all that it was destined to start getting wobbly. Only one man on the planet who
could pull all that off is Penske. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

SRX does not exist anymore, but yes, there is an awful lot going on over there.

Apparently Skip Barbour racing school has acquired SRX and
is currently figuring out something for 2024. We shall see.

Aric Amirola has been taken off the JGR #20 Xfinity car for Charlotte. There are some rumors out there that Amirola is part of a group trying to buy SHR.

Aric Amirola has been taken off the JGR #20 Xfinity car for Charlotte. There are some rumors out there that Amirola is part of a group trying to buy SHR.
That's odd, he didn't ever seem to show any interest in ownership

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don't get all the hate around here if SHR wants to sell their charters and move on. It's a business if you no longer want to run it anymore why all the hate for making a profit? That's what the whole charter program was intended to do.

If you want to be mad at someone be mad at Rob Kauffman he's the one that pushed the charter program, which conveniently profited him well since he just closed the doors on his team....

I don't get all the hate around here if SHR wants to sell their charters and move on. It's a business if you no longer want to run it anymore why all the hate for making a profit? That's what the whole charter program was intended to do.

If you want to be mad at someone be mad at Rob Kauffman he's the one that pushed the charter program, which conveniently profited him well since he just closed the doors on his team....

I certainly don’t hate them for cashing out and leaving, that’s the nature of NASCAR. I just want the rank and file to be treated with respect and notified when a decision has been made.

Believe there is a confluence of interests that mirror each other in the sense that the two major parties of the team have divergent visions. Haas has made it known for decades that is first love was Indy cars, but unfortunately Indy car went downhill starting in the late '80's-early '90's with the emergence of NASCAR. Now Indy has stabilized and in fact has started to rise a bit (putting more eggs in that basket). Good time to jump. In addition, NASCAR cut back the premiere events in Carl's backyard.
In addition, Stewart has to follow the wife... happy wife, happy life. NASCAR is a deterrent to her interests.

Haas has made it known for decades that is first love was Indy cars, but unfortunately Indy car went downhill starting in the late '80's-early '90's with the emergence of NASCAR. Now Indy has stabilized and in fact has started to rise a bit (putting more eggs in that basket). Good time to jump. In addition, NASCAR cut back the premiere events in Carl's backyard.
Carl Haas died in 2016. The NASCAR owner is Gene Haas.

Believe there is a confluence of interests that mirror each other in the sense that the two major parties of the team have divergent visions. Haas has made it known for decades that is first love was Indy cars, but unfortunately Indy car went downhill starting in the late '80's-early '90's with the emergence of NASCAR. Now Indy has stabilized and in fact has started to rise a bit (putting more eggs in that basket). Good time to jump. In addition, NASCAR cut back the premiere events in Carl's backyard.
In addition, Stewart has to follow the wife... happy wife, happy life. NASCAR is a deterrent to her interests.
Gene Haas has been a car owner for years in F-1 if you weren't aware.

I think there's no doubt they will be selling charters and splitting up operations.

They have a couple of hundred million dollars worth of assets.

They aren’t “going under”.

But, exactly this. They aren't going under. they are selling out. By the sounds of it, nobody is losing their jobs. Whoever is buying those charters is likely getting a whole ****pile of stuff with it. Pockrass' article is interesting but seems most accurate. There are teams that want those charters. they'll likely get those charters. Those teams will need trucks, cars, tools, parts...it's all there.

The first part you are close but off just a hair...not has to... but wants to. Tony really enjoys driving dragsters and if he ever if he gets bored doing that then I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch over to Funnycar. The second part you are spot on.:)

Gene Haas has been a car owner for years in F-1 if you weren't aware.
I was definitely aware, have known him since 1979 when he owned a small machine shop. I was a sales engineer for Kearney Trecker that was trying to interpolate the GE 550 CNC controller onto multi head mills. Carl was interested in using the GE 550 controller on his own stuff but needed us to release the software (KT proprietary).
Carl did not get into F1 until about ten years ago. His first love was more aligned with Indy cars (or should I say the central valley sprint cars that he grew up around, but those drivers aspired towards Indy cars). When the Indy racing scene had identity problems in the late eighties, and NASCAR was taking off... he steered (pun intended) towards NASCAR. If I remember correctly, the Andretti's had something to do with that at the time too.

You’ve continued to confuse Gene Haas with Carl Haas (no relation).

Carl was, among other things, the North American distributor for Lola cars which was a very big deal at the time.

Newman Haas Racing. As in Paul Newman. Ring a bell? Mario Andretti drove their cars for 11 years.

This is a good read:

You’ve continued to confuse Gene Haas with Carl Haas (no relation).

Carl was, among other things, the North American distributor for Lola cars which was a very big deal at the time.

Newman Haas Racing. As in Paul Newman. Ring a bell? Mario Andretti drove their cars for 11 years.

This is a good read:

Me bad, I meant Gene. Carl passed away years ago. Back in the 1970's and early '80's I was an engineer specializing in power automation and Gene had a machine shop in the central valley. I represented Kearney and Trecker... nothing that Carl would have to do with. I am old and mix things up sometimes.

Wait until you are near 80 and then let some kid under 70 correct you and see how you feel.

Newman Haas Racing

This seems wrong. Newman Haas Racing owned Ryan Newman's 39 car, much like Stewart Haas Racing owned Tony Stewart's 14.

I've never forget when Ryan and Gene started that team in IndyCar in 1983 when Ryan was a precocious six years old. Michael Andretti's race wins paid for Ryan's Purdue tuition.

And the next question:

The organization has four charters that it can sell, and sources indicated at least three of them will go to existing Cup organizations — one to Front Row Motorsports, one to 23XI Racing and one to Trackhouse Racing. All three of those organizations indicated they had no comment on any charter acquisitions today. Where the fourth charter goes is not clear.

And the next question:

The organization has four charters that it can sell, and sources indicated at least three of them will go to existing Cup organizations — one to Front Row Motorsports, one to 23XI Racing and one to Trackhouse Racing. All three of those organizations indicated they had no comment on any charter acquisitions today. Where the fourth charter goes is not clear.
I'm interested to see where Gragson goes. Someone might be getting themselves a good driver who is figuring it out every race and is still relatively young. Also intrigued as to where Rodney goes now if he even still wants to do this. I hope Jeff and Rick are on the phone with him as I send this to the internet.

Chase Briscoe will almost certainly end up with a ride, whether it's in some Penske outfit or Front Row.

The only reason Rodney Childers ain't retired is because of Josh Berry, so if Josh is without a ride, Rodney will probably go race in the CARS Tour or go cash that Amazon money.

Noah Gragson is a top-10 talent and someone will sign him. Or should, anyway.

I like Ryan Preece but he's probably good as gone.

It's over, sad to say.

It’s unfortunate how the program has petered out over the last year or two, but it was a fantastic run while it lasted - two highly memorable Cup championships, including the best Chase run ever and a long-awaited title for a driver who had never before had the equipment to get over the hump. They gave Kurt Busch new life and the opportunity to get back into winning cars and finally secure a Daytona 500 victory. Plenty of other race victories too, and hopefully they can grab at least one more before they turn off the lights at the end of the season.

And the next question:

dale jr better have his check book ready

I'd like to see Penske bring Chase Briscoe to the 2 and Noah Gragson to the 21. It seems as if all the insiders assume Burton's run in the 21 will end this fall, but I also believe the 2 car is in dire need of an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom