Storage building

Paid Spectrum & signed up for 200mbps Internetz. $40ish dollars month until they decide to raise it. Self-install kit on the way! Had to sign up with phone because the AT&T stuff was constipated this morning. Just wouldn't work. Of course Spectrum initially rejected the order because I'm a non-paying ditrbag...ummmm...with $169.63 cent credit? Had to call and give them a reference number. Lady fixed it within 30 seconds. They are running pandemic poor person thing too. Pay up to 50 bucks of your cost.

When I was about to call Spectrum noticed I had accidentally connected phone to wi-fi. That's why it was constipated. It REALLY hate the phone.

Received package from Oil & Gas attorney regarding some family property in WV. Company wants to lease. Need to find an attorney that knows how this stuff is normally negotiated. I may be Jed Clampett rich!

Received package from Oil & Gas attorney regarding some family property in WV. Company wants to lease. Need to find an attorney that knows how this stuff is normally negotiated. I may be Jed Clampett rich!
After further review...12.5 % of production (assuming it ever produces anything) = 12.5 % divided by # of heirs. Probably 100 + heirs. They offered a $350 signing bonus to get contract signed. Need to just get'er done. About 10 places to sign that have to be notarized.

It's still doing some updates. Did have to call and have them ping the modem as couldn't get the activate/self-install thing to work. Kept saying unavailable. Maybe 45 seconds on the phone.

Now unplug the AT&T stuff and see if local office will take care of it. $37.95 month with some Spectrum steaming channels. Info I found on the Spectrum channels was, not great. We'll see. Still have Sling.

Signed back up to MavTV. Couldn't get it done thru PC, kept kicking server error. Did it thru TV and it was really easy. $6.99 month deal. Unlike Flo they make it clear what you are paying.

Turned in AT&T modem. That was a cluster-hawk. Just horrible customer service. You can't take it to AT&T office. Instead take it to FedEx or UPS and they handle it. The UPS part was really easy it was the three different AT&T offices that made me mad. Every one except the last sent me somewhere I didn't need to go. I wrongly assumed the MyATT app would allow me to access my account. It, just like their website, is worthless. Lady at last office took nearly 10 minutes to get in THEIR OWN SITE! I laughed. She finally got me my account # and shipped me to UPS. But it's all done.

My AT&T experience:

Attachments

• Eye twitch.gif
    Eye twitch.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 145
The streaming thing sucks. MavTVPlus just quit working just before start if North/South 100. Exited and went back in to must have subscription message. Email them to reset password. No response. Went into my Roku account and cancelled. I'll just watch Netflix till middle of Sept, then upgrade Spectrum. Just go back to same Internet/TV plan I had before...which includes MavTv.

10 hours later MavTv sends a link to reset password. Had just renewed my sub Thursday. New password. Saturday, middle of race they decide to pull the plug. I was aware of the new deal between Lucas & MavTv which requires "syncing" the subs. Thought it was done Thursday. I suppose was watching MavTv side of heats, then when it switched over to Lucas for feature something went sideways. Had 2 email this morning to go into link provided and change password again. 3 times in 3 days. Technology sucks. I'm not 100% certain it's fixed.

Couple days ago Spectrum modem died in the middle of the night. Less than month old. One thing that's going in right direction is lumber prices. Once weather cools down I'll drag out some stuff and see if I can build the barn style trusses. Going to attempt to cut roof down peak and jack it up so it pivots nearly vertical then use as lower leg of truss. No idea how roof is attached to right & left walls.

Vertigo seems to have resolved itself. That's a huge relief. Didn't sell any tools. Tons of no-shows. Then suddenly FaceBook rejected the ad after being up 10 days or so. IDK? I deleted everything.

Still getting billed for AT&T service. Need to call them and see if they want an early termination fee.

Sling doesn't impress me. Regularly drops signal and buffers. When I say regularly I mean 3-6 times a day. Was watching a race, dropped signal 3 times back-to-back, which dumped the entire thing. Kicked TV back to TV's streaming menu. Had to re-open Sling and find channel. Was recording the race. Nope. Gone. My internet connection is consistently connected at 175-220 Meg. It's NOT the internet signal.

Not sure what Spectrum is actually charging. This months bill is $16.70. I'm sooooo confused! Supposed to be $37.95 month. I don't know...

To expand my no substance abuse issue answer...don't drink, not even beer or wine, never smoked anything, never snorted, injected, dropped, or even shoved a bright light up my...well you get the point. Really curious why you asked that question. I DO have a rather weird sense of humor. If you are a very literal person, you won't get me. Which is NOT unusual.

Watching OTA TV today. Can't stomach the MSM tearing down the current administration. They doing best they can to repair damage of last 5 or so years. So don't know how Sling is working today. I'll watch the race later tonight. It's just not 100% reliable. No way you can depend on it to record anything.

I might use a bit of hyperbole. Americans are sooooo freakin spoiled. I find my complaints funny. Mostly. But I REALY hate when I can't get my MTV!
BINGO!! There's the answer to the substance abuse question! Hyperbole!! Gotta watch that hyperbole. It can be bad sh1t. It is something that will magnify a persons mild manner into and overblown - the medical term for this condition is referred to as a hyperbolic state.

Hope this answers the question for you both. Glad I could help out. :biggrin:

Something going on with my health. Left side of mouth/lips numb. Some intermittent numbness/tingling of whole left side. My random guess is MS. Unfortunately Covid still has the medical field all clogged up. Plus MS takes considerable time to diagnose. Not insurance. No Medicare/Medicaid.

How long has this been going on? Did it just begin overnight? Or has it been days or weeks in the making. Do the symptoms continue to be the same as they have in the past?

Rough day. Full blown tornado style vertigo at 1030AM. Which upsets stomach. Slight headache. Was up long enough to eat bowl of cereal. Got up again around 7PM. Bleh. Been thru this before. Nothing helps. Generally 24 hour ish deal. We'll see. Might try some toast.

Was about 3 days of weirdness. Been really letting the hygiene slide since only leave the house for groceries every 7-10 days. Hair hadn't been fully cut in at least 1.5 years. Finally tuned-up the clippers and mowed my dome. #2. Twas a time I had quite the mane of gleaming hair. Now? NOT. SO. MUCH! Front third has gone missing.

Was about 3 days of weirdness. Been really letting the hygiene slide since only leave the house for groceries every 7-10 days. Hair hadn't been fully cut in at least 1.5 years. Finally tuned-up the clippers and mowed my dome. #2. Twas a time I had quite the mane of gleaming hair. Now? NOT. SO. MUCH! Front third has gone missing.
Mine grows like a weed. I really need a trim every other week.

Went out to storage building to measure shop vac hose. Appears I need an alignment. Pulling to the left, left, left. It's almost like being drunk just not as funny. Accentuated by looking down & to the left. Nothing to do with political affiliation. I hope.

Ok. We about to bust a move. Gonna build a bench on the porch for sliding miter saw and vise. At some point need to start buying lumber 4 sticks at a time to expand the building. Make it 10x20? or 40? May have to move the pond behind it!

Waiting till payday on Wednesday. Need new blade for circular saw and a pocket hole jig. Might just buy another circular saw? Get one with a laser guide? I SUCK at cutting a straight line. Why I need the miter saw table set-up. Maybe down the road scrounge up a table saw. I have entirely too many fingers anyway.

Bench goes 6ish feet along railing where compressors are setting. Replace wheels on old tool box and mount miter saw on it. Then a 5 foot or so bench all the way to corner. I like benches!😳 Probably move plastic shelves under tarp to in front of window. Compressor, Jack, Jack stands and other stuff in notch left over.

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_151652333_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220411_151652333_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220411_151655901_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220411_151655901_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20220411_151700568_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220411_151700568_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom