Superstar Racing Experience

I just don't know about this series with 12 cars. Stafford has a division where they can typically only get 10-14 cars and it's pretty miserable most races. Those 12 cars need to be entertaining for a 100 lap feature, and the twin 15 minute features which are roughly 30-50 laps each depending on if they stay green and the track they're at.

12 cars is like a heat race most places.

It really is. What would be a really cool series is rather than spend the $$$$ to develop and build these new SRX cars....use the cars the drivers use at these local tracks. What if the SRX rented cars from team owners at each track they visit? I'm sure the SRX has enough money they could cover the tire bill, fuel, and any damage the cars get during the race. The team owners would be happy as its their cars running with their sponsors in front of a national audience. SRX can still use their top-tier drivers and sell TV ads where the real money is anyway. Increase the SRX full-timers to 15 and have 5 local ringers at each race for a full field.

Imagine this group of guys running SK Modifieds at Stafford, dirt midgets at Knoxville, late models at Slinger, dirt late models at Eldora, etc.

It really is. What would be a really cool series is rather than spend the $$$$ to develop and build these new SRX cars....use the cars the drivers use at these local tracks. What if the SRX rented cars from team owners at each track they visit? I'm sure the SRX has enough money they could cover the tire bill, fuel, and any damage the cars get during the race. The team owners would be happy as its their cars running with their sponsors in front of a national audience. SRX can still use their top-tier drivers and sell TV ads where the real money is anyway. Increase the SRX full-timers to 15 and have 5 local ringers at each race for a full field.

Imagine this group of guys running SK Modifieds at Stafford, dirt midgets at Knoxville, late models at Slinger, dirt late models at Eldora, etc.
I'd pay just to see Michael Waltrip try to fit in a midget

I just don't know about this series with 12 cars. Stafford has a division where they can typically only get 10-14 cars and it's pretty miserable most races. Those 12 cars need to be entertaining for a 100 lap feature, and the twin 15 minute features which are roughly 30-50 laps each depending on if they stay green and the track they're at.
I'm ok with that I mean its theoretically 12 good pieces of equipment. In reality how many cars capable of running competitively do you normally have in those races?

A couple years ago I watched a late model (or super late model?) race locally that had 4 cars in the feature and it was actually pretty good because they were all pretty even and actually put on a decent show

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Then parity becomes a major issue and defeats the whole purpose of this, which is to showcase driving talent in equal equipment. Can't promise equal equipment when it's rented from all different teams.

Then parity becomes a major issue and defeats the whole purpose of this, which is to showcase driving talent in equal equipment. Can't promise equal equipment when it's rented from all different teams.

That is true. The SRX will have equal cars....but let's be honest...out of those 12 drivers, there's gonna be a few drivers each race that are not going to be competitive at all.

That is true. The SRX will have equal cars....but let's be honest...out of those 12 drivers, there's gonna be a few drivers each race that are not going to be competitive at all.
That's a given, but I also think this is a fun event and shouldn't be confused or compared to a Cup race, but I am sure some will. Ya know the woke Joke crowd

12 cars is like a heat race most places.
Oh man, you need to come to Florida. Most track owners would be thrilled with a 12 car feature. Down here we often run 6 classes a night and its not unusual to have 6 - 8 cars per class. Thank god speedweeks saves our sanity here.

I think IROC raced around 12 drivers and they had some good shows.

12 good cars compared to maybe a half a dozen good cars and the rest kinda junky doesn't bother me a bit
See it's why I don't give this much hope to be honest. Part of the reason short tracks are great is because of lap traffic

IROC ... 12 cars.
Oh man, you need to come to Florida. Most track owners would be thrilled with a 12 car feature. Down here we often run 6 classes a night and its not unusual to have 6 - 8 cars per class. Thank god speedweeks saves our sanity here.

I think IROC raced around 12 drivers and they had some good shows.
12 is plenty. Glad they decided to run the smaller tracks. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than field size for this series IMO

So you need to sandbag heat 1 to make sure you get a good starting spot in the feature?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea, I'll be honest. I don't get the point of head races if you're not going to have drivers that won't transfer into the A Main and will have to grab one of the few spots left by racing in the B Main. If drivers aren't going to get eliminated, then IMHO, heat racing is pointless.

And road courses. I think it’s gonna‘ be good.

A few purists will be annoyed for 4 or 5 days following each event.

I'm interested in the production format also. I wonder if all the cars will have multiple on board cameras and the ability to talk and listen to the drivers like a real time radioactive. :biggrin:

I hope these things are decked out with cameras. I think it would even be cool to give us more suspension cameras and stuff. Its a stock series so they don't have to be worried about competitors seeing what they're doing.

So proud of my hometrack, Stafford, to be able to host the inaugural event. It's going to be nothing but class and prestige from them. Unfortunately I will be missing it in-person, but certainly watching on TV.

Anyone else watch the 1 hour thing CBS had on last night about SRX? Initially I figured they would get a tire change after the 2 heat races, but the way they made it sound last night they might not. If that's the case tire conservation could be pretty key.

Have to say this has me more interested than watching the all star race at Texas.

Back
Top Bottom