Team Exxxtreme is back (supposedly)

Cool looking car, will probably have a hell of a race with Derrike Cope for 37th all day

they were a team couple years ago ( cant remember how many ) that had a trailer with a car inside of it "stolen" from a hotel....they found the car ditched on a side of a road but never foound the rest...then they said they were skipping a race and planned to be at texas that year..never came ack..plus i guess there is other stuff that is weird bout them

they were a team couple years ago ( cant remember how many ) that had a trailer with a car inside of it "stolen" from a hotel....they found the car ditched on a side of a road but never foound the rest...then they said they were skipping a race and planned to be at texas that year..never came ack..plus i guess there is other stuff that is weird bout them
I think I recall he also got into some legal trouble as well.

Oh yeah, before the Atlanta race from a hotel lot in Hampton, right? I remember wondering why they just didn't bring the car to the track where it would have been secure. I think Sorenson was supposed to be in the seat.

Yeah, I don't see this event showing up on next year's '365 Days Of NASCAR' desk calendar.

He's got a point but I'm not sure he should be making statements about devaluing the sport. Personally I think the charter teams should be the only ones allowed to enter a Cup race.

I've seen a few people comment that the field has been expanded to 41. That's not true, is it?

Kauffman is a money grubbing cuck. Nobody cares about his dumbass opinion.

Of all of the things wrong with NASCAR, I'd rank Rob Kauffman in the top five. Why people are enamored with anything this check writer has to say is beyond me. His accomplishments in NASCAR are a big fat ZERO. He's a part owner of a tier two racing team. Everybody stop and bow down..... NOT.

Of all of the things wrong with NASCAR, I'd rank Rob Kauffman in the top five. Why people are enamored with anything this check writer has to say is beyond me. His accomplishments in NASCAR are a big fat ZERO. He's a part owner of a tier two racing team. Everybody stop and bow down..... NOT.
Ganassi is a "tier two" Race Team? I dont think so bud.
Why are you people ripping on Rob Kaufman? He came in to the sport and has spent a ton of money and helped employ hundreds of people in the industry. smh

Well, I consider Hendrick, Gibbs, Stewart Haas and Penske as the tier one teams. (Hendrick is trying their best to be a tier two lately)
The Tier two teams are Furniture Row (Only because they are a one car team) Roush and RCR (formerly tier ones) and Ganassi. Teams like JTG are tier threes, and the field fillers are tier fours.

Well, I consider Hendrick, Gibbs, Stewart Haas and Penske as the tier one teams. (Hendrick is trying their best to be a tier two lately)
The Tier two teams are Furniture Row (Only because they are a one car team) Roush and RCR (formerly tier ones) and Ganassi. Teams like JTG are tier threes, and the field fillers are tier fours.
I dont, Tier 2 teams dont win races and run upfront every week and win Championships

Why are you people ripping on Rob Kaufman? He came in to the sport and has spent a ton of money and helped employ hundreds of people in the industry. smh

Because he struts around like he invented the damn sport. The sport definitely needs people to write checks, and their opinion is important to a POINT, but ultimately, why should we assume he knows ANYTHING about being a successful race team owner? His first attempt was an abject disaster, and he's just the second guy to be a minority owner at Ganassi, which nice of a team as it is, has still never sent a driver to Homestead with a chance to win a title.

Ganassi might win championships, but not in NASCAR, and ONE car runs up front most weeks, the other only occasionally.
You said Furniture Row was tier 2 also.
Because he struts around like he invented the damn sport. The sport definitely needs people to write checks, and their opinion is important to a POINT, but ultimately, why should we assume he knows ANYTHING about being a successful race team owner? His first attempt was an abject disaster, and he's just the second guy to be a minority owner at Ganassi, which nice of a team as it is, has still never sent a driver to Homestead with a chance to win a title.
First team was a failure because of who he saddled himself with. The only reason MWR lasted as long as they did was because he put his money where his mouth was.

I get that, he was instrumental In getting MWR to where it was as the head of the team. Spingate, blah, blah. Its his attitude, especially after how he basically beat down Mikey after he announced he was leaving MWR. No sort of professionalism, nothing positive to say, etc. He just threw everyone else involved under the bus and left it at that. I respect what he has done with the RTA, but those comments are not necessary. He just comes off as an ass wipe.

I get that, he was instrumental In getting MWR to where it was as the head of the team. Spingate, blah, blah. Its his attitude, especially after how he basically beat down Mikey after he announced he was leaving MWR. No sort of professionalism, nothing positive to say, etc. He just threw everyone else involved under the bus and left it at that. I respect what he has done with the RTA, but those comments are not necessary. He just comes off as an ass wipe.
I actually understand why he was pissed at Mike, Mikey was supposed to be the face of the Organization and go out and help try to bring in sponsors but he was and is more concerned with the next girl he can lay. He's got a bad rep with that and it cost him his marriage and his partners. I've got 2 friends who used to work for him and they told stories of how he would come in the shop early in the morning with some chick and was showing her off and both reeking of alcohol.

You said Furniture Row was tier 2 also.

First team was a failure because of who he saddled himself with. The only reason MWR lasted as long as they did was because he put his money where his mouth was.

Yeah, tier two, BECAUSE they are a one car team with a technical alliance with a tier one, AND, they have only recently been a top level performer. If they continue on their current success arc, I am willing to reconsider my ranking. That being said, I would be MUCH more interested in what Barney Visser has to say than Rob Kauffman. If idiot Kauffman had his way, (charter teams only) FR might not even exist. As for MWR, I rest my case. He made a bad choice for a partner, and when all of his money and all of his brilliance couldn't save it, he threw in the towel and glommed onto another established team.

Kauffman is a money grubbing cuck. Nobody cares about his dumbass opinion.
Of all of the things wrong with NASCAR, I'd rank Rob Kauffman in the top five. Why people are enamored with anything this check writer has to say is beyond me. His accomplishments in NASCAR are a big fat ZERO.
I am astonished at the widespread disdain and hatred on this forum for Rob Kauffman, for the RTA, and frankly for the team owners generally. Without the team owners investing their time, effort, and money, there is no weekly show. The team owners face an industry business model that saddles the owners with the most risk and the narrowest profit margins of any sector of the industry. Their business economics are borderline viable in the best of times. And in case you haven't heard, these are NOT the best of times. I am thankful that there are owners with enough passion for racing to carry on.

When the leading team owners decided to form an industry association to address their common problems, they tasked Rob Kauffman with heading up the effort. Why should we, fans of the sport, hate him for stepping up? For decades, team owners have searched for a way to convert their monies poured into the sport into some form of equity. Kauffman spearheaded the charter system as a first modest step toward achieving that goal. Why is that a crime against us? And WTF is a "check writer" anyway?

Yeah, tier two, BECAUSE they are a one car team with a technical alliance with a tier one, AND, they have only recently been a top level performer. If they continue on their current success arc, I am willing to reconsider my ranking. That being said, I would be MUCH more interested in what Barney Visser has to say than Rob Kauffman. If idiot Kauffman had his way, (charter teams only) FR might not even exist. As for MWR, I rest my case. He made a bad choice for a partner, and when all of his money and all of his brilliance couldn't save it, he threw in the towel and glommed onto another established team.
FRM and CGR are not 2nd tier no matter how many times you say it. You keep calling Kaufman an idiot but have yet to tell me why?

I am astonished at the widespread disdain and hatred on this forum for Rob Kauffman, for the RTA, and frankly for the team owners generally. Without the team owners investing their time, effort, and money, there is no weekly show. The team owners face an industry business model that saddles the owners with the most risk and the narrowest profit margins of any sector of the industry. Their business economics are borderline viable in the best of times. And in case you haven't heard, these are NOT the best of times. I am thankful that there are owners with enough passion for racing to carry on.

When the leading team owners decided to form an industry association to address their common problems, they tasked Rob Kauffman with heading up the effort. Why should we, fans of the sport, hate him for stepping up? For decades, team owners have searched for a way to convert their monies poured into the sport into some form of equity. Kauffman spearheaded the charter system as a first modest step toward achieving that goal. Why is that a crime against us? And WTF is a "check writer" anyway?

Kauffman strikes me as the type who cares only about his personal financial gain, and nothing else. I don't think he cares about racing at all, just about how many dollars he can squeeze out of it. Like Kiante said above, Kauffman's attitude about everything rubs me the wrong way.

I have no issue with the RTA, and if he's the leader, so be it. I'm sure there are ways he can possibly help the sport, and for that I am thankful. But that doesn't mean I like the guy. That being said, I hope I'm completely wrong about him.

As far as I'm concerned, he's just a Johnny-come-lately who has yet to do anything on his own and has done little but spread some money around. (That's what a check writer is), and I find his comments often short sighted and unprofessional. If he has a problem with a team entering a race, Twitter is NOT the place to discuss it. When I look for the proper way to handle sensitive issues in racing, I look to Roger Penske or Rick Hendrick. I have NO IDEA why the other owners chose RK to head up the RTA, but in my opinion, they made a poor choice. I can think of several choices that would have given it more credibility, but they are all busy actually RUNNING race teams.

Kauffman strikes me as the type who cares only about his personal financial gain, and nothing else. I don't think he cares about racing at all, just about how many dollars he can squeeze out of it. Like Kiante said above, Kauffman's attitude about everything rubs me the wrong way.

I have no issue with the RTA, and if he's the leader, so be it. I'm sure there are ways he can possibly help the sport, and for that I am thankful. But that doesn't mean I like the guy. That being said, I hope I'm completely wrong about him.
I doubt Kaufman has made back the money he lost at MWR and trust me, he loves racing.

Back
Top Bottom