Texas RACE thread

OK, I watched the race, read most of the comments here and elsewhere, and what I think is that this chase format makes the championship more exciting and less credible. While I love the idea of the elimination style format and having it come down to the baseball equivalent of four wildcard teams playing game 7 for the title doesn't bother me, the fact that one asshat can take out a skilled competitor performing at the top of their game does. And then said asshat can justify his actions in the name of the chase. "I had to - anyone of yous woulda done the same" loudly proclaims the asshat while looking the camera straight in the eye. I don't really blame the asshat, but all the chickens are coming home to roost, hatched from eggs this particular asshat started consistently laying back in his Busch/Nationwide days. Meanwhile as someone else mentioned, the bureaucracy will publicly condemn the post race festivities while simultaneously editing the footage for next weeks promos. I'm all for an elimination style playoff system, but it's absolutely ridicules that one asshat can take another contender out on a whim with no consequence. It's the baseball equivalent of Moustakas running out to the mound, grabbing the ball out of Bumgarners hand, throwing it up into the air and hitting it while the umps look on and say 'all's fair - it's the world series'.

lol at the idea that Keselowski "owes Gordon one"

Yeah, Keselowski may have cost Gordon millions, but Brad owes Jeff one. lol

I'm sure he will feel he "owes" Jeff one soon enough, after Jeff returns the favor.

Gordon did run into Brad while trying to block him. No way Gordon didn't see him after he blew that restart.

when Gordon came to rest beside Brad that 1st guy to his car rolled his sleeves up looking like a madman gonna fight (Allen on back of firesuit) and led the charge, it wasn't just Gordon by himself.

Yes, the guy with the "I wanna be just like Jeff" haircut will probably sit out the season. He threw a few punches.

I only skimmed through this part of this thread so it may have already been mentioned... but Bill France says people who threw punches will be dealt with "harshly"... not looking good for Jeffy.

Yes, the guy with the "I wanna be just like Jeff" haircut will probably sit out the season. He threw a few punches.
i think him and that guy taking Brad down from behind and the 5 team crew member throwing those wild punches should be and maybe other but they were the worse i seen. and also what Harvick did, don't really know what you could do about that.

i think him and that guy taking Brad down from behind and the 5 team crew member throwing those wild punches should be and maybe other but they were the worse i seen. and also what Harvick did, don't really know what you could do about that.

I saw it the same way. That 5 guy was beating on some guys head while he was on the ground.

Is that a bad thing? The days when the drivers weren't living next to each other in the motorhome lot are long gone. I liked the days when these guys weren't all friends. The racing has been better than it has been in a long, long time. Having drivers at odds adds to the entertainment value of the sport. In my eyes that is a great thing.

I do like seeing the artificial friendship thing getting blown away. I don't think Petty and Allison liked each back in the day.
When Dale and Darrell were both genuine contenders there wasn't much love either.

No. 24 and No. 5 teams punished for post-Texas incident
Daytona Beach, Fla. (Nov. 4, 2014) -- NASCAR has assessed penalties to crew members from the No. 5 and No. 24 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams for their involvement in post-race incidents on Nov. 2 at Texas Motor Speedway. In addition, the crew chiefs from those two teams also have been penalized.

Jeremy Fuller, a crew member with the No. 5 team along with Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle, crew members with the No. 24 team, each have been fined $25,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. All three were found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with a driver on pit road

Dean Mozingo, a crew member with the No. 24 team, has been fined $10,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. He was found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with another crew member on pit road

Kenny Francis, crew chief of the No. 5 team, and Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the No. 24 team, have each been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. They were found to be in violation of:

• Section 9-4A: Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty

While the intensity and emotions are high as we continue through the final rounds of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the actions that we saw from several crew members Sunday following the race at Texas are unacceptable," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president/competition and racing development. "We reviewed the content that was available to us of the post-race incident along pit road, and identified several crew members who crossed the line with their actions, specifically punching others."

"We therefore have penalized four crew members as well as their crew chiefs, as they ultimately are responsible for members of their team per the NASCAR rulebook," Pemberton continued. "A NASCAR championship is at stake, but we can't allow behavior that crosses the line to go unchecked, particularly when it puts others in harm's way."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...st-texas-fight-keselowski-gordon-harvick.html

No. 24 and No. 5 teams punished for post-Texas incident
Daytona Beach, Fla. (Nov. 4, 2014) -- NASCAR has assessed penalties to crew members from the No. 5 and No. 24 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams for their involvement in post-race incidents on Nov. 2 at Texas Motor Speedway. In addition, the crew chiefs from those two teams also have been penalized.

Jeremy Fuller, a crew member with the No. 5 team along with Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle, crew members with the No. 24 team, each have been fined $25,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. All three were found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with a driver on pit road

Dean Mozingo, a crew member with the No. 24 team, has been fined $10,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. He was found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with another crew member on pit road

Kenny Francis, crew chief of the No. 5 team, and Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the No. 24 team, have each been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. They were found to be in violation of:

• Section 9-4A: Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty

While the intensity and emotions are high as we continue through the final rounds of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the actions that we saw from several crew members Sunday following the race at Texas are unacceptable," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president/competition and racing development. "We reviewed the content that was available to us of the post-race incident along pit road, and identified several crew members who crossed the line with their actions, specifically punching others."

"We therefore have penalized four crew members as well as their crew chiefs, as they ultimately are responsible for members of their team per the NASCAR rulebook," Pemberton continued. "A NASCAR championship is at stake, but we can't allow behavior that crosses the line to go unchecked, particularly when it puts others in harm's way."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...st-texas-fight-keselowski-gordon-harvick.html

Thanks for posting that. It sounds about right to me.

Penalties sound about right...Maybe too soft on the punk instigator #4...Maybe NASCRAP is saving his penalty for an on track one on sunday

I was sort of expecting what they did, there was no way they could of handed out punishments to Kevin, Jeff , with NASCAR not handing down any punishments for the incidents at Charlotte

So can JJ give his pit crew to JG for these last 2 races?

I only skimmed through this part of this thread so it may have already been mentioned... but Bill France says people who threw punches will be dealt with "harshly"... not looking good for Jeffy.

So is Carl for that matter.

There was a crew of him punching a 2 crew for some reason.

And LOL at this not looking good for jeffy.

Rick will just see this oportunity and swap crews with the 48 after those insanely good pit stops they made at Texas.

So is Carl for that matter.

There was a crew of him punching a 2 crew for some reason.

And LOL at this not looking good for jeffy.

Rick will just see this oportunity and swap crews with the 48 after those insanely good pit stops they made at Texas.
Well I hadnt seen the penalties when I wrote that but on racehub they showed it was Jeff who hit Brad... I figured he would be included in the harsh penalties... guess not.

Kevin was in his usual place even out of the car. " Behind a champion"
Audibly laughed at that one. Hilarious. :XXROFL:

What about that dude from Edwards crew? I think what he did was pretty vicious.

Guess NASCAR lost that footage.
Yeah, I don't know why in the world some of those other random crew guys got involved in that. It should have been left to the two drivers to settle it. Instead, as usual, we got an angry sea of humanity clawing at, scratching, and punching each other. It was entertaining, sure, but totally senseless.

Wait till @FLRacingFan gets here. He posted it here but I guess that thread got deleted. You can clealy see him punching the hell out of one of the 2 crew guys.
I thought I saw a 99 guy in the mix at first, but I rewound and paused it with the dvr and it was a 5 crewmen. There was a 5 on his hat, and his suit said Great Clips. I thought it was an Aflac suit at first with the green and black; in the chaos it's easy to get them mixed up.
nascar-brawl-e1415033214814.jpg

I thought I saw a 99 guy in the mix at first, but I rewound and paused it with the dvr and it was a 5 crewmen. There was a 5 on his hat, and his suit said Great Clips. I thought it was an Aflac suit at first with the green and black; in the chaos it's easy to get them mixed up.
nascar-brawl-e1415033214814.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up. We almost had a riot over here.

2 crew was out numbered front and rear.....but that picture of Harvick nesting on the rear of Brad's car before the shove was the picture that i keep thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom