Texas RACE thread

The Chase may be exciting to watch, but this format has opened a can of worms for every driver out on the track.
Is that a bad thing? The days when the drivers weren't living next to each other in the motorhome lot are long gone. I liked the days when these guys weren't all friends. The racing has been better than it has been in a long, long time. Having drivers at odds adds to the entertainment value of the sport. In my eyes that is a great thing.

Is that a bad thing? The days when the drivers weren't living next to each other in the motorhome lot are long gone. I liked the days when these guys weren't all friends. The racing has been better than it has been in a long, long time. Having drivers at odds adds to the entertainment value of the sport. In my eyes that is a great thing.
Didn't say it was bad -- just saying it could be can of worms for anyone who has mechanical trouble and cause a brouhaha with a chaser.

If anything, I'd imagine Jeff will get a fine for dropping an S-bomb on national TV.

Well video shows some clear fists flying so I bet those get fined. Tough to suspend someone at this point especially when it would be from Gordons crew

Marty Smith conversation with Denny Hamlin:

Marty Smith @MartySmithESPN
DH: I don’t know what Brad thought. But if I was in his exact car, I’d have to know I wouldn’t make it through that hole without contact

DH: You have to expect retaliation, which I’m sure (BradK) did.

DH says BK was on fresher tires, "so saying that was his only opportunity to win may not be a true statement.” Said still two laps left.

DH: That was a very small hole. A car is 6.5-7ft wide. That whole was 6-foot. Somebody was gonna have to pay the price.

DH: It’s tough to win a championship if nobody likes you. That’s a very tough task.

DH: You always have to watch your mirror (if nobody likes you). That’s a tough way to race. I learned that the very, very hard way.

DH: We’re at the point in the season where people get back at each other for times when they feel they’ve been done wrong.

DH: As drivers, u look 4 some1 2 say, sorry man ruined ur day. I apologize. When that’s not said, immediately it lights a fire in ur stomach

DH: If he did it to me, I’d have had the same reaction as Jeff. That’s what escalated it the most.

DH: Brad doesn’t have to apologize. I’ll be 100% clear on that. But even if yo udon’t mean it, give the guy 30 sec of your time. (more)

DH more: If you blow someone off and have no remorse, you escalate how someone feels about you times 10.

DH: If it comes down to the end of the race, and someone can help me or Brad, and I have their respect, they’re gonna help me over Brad.

DH: Even Dale Earnhardt had Dave Marcis. Even when Dale didn’t have many friends, he had some allies. That’s important.

DH: If u ask me do u want a championship trophy or the respect of your peers, I’ll take the respect. They can’t put that trophy in my casket

DH to BK’s comment about how hard he had to work to make it. “I didn’t have money, either. That is a scapegoat statement he throws out"

DH on BK: This is just my opinion, but he has GOT to work on the respect factor from his peers.

DH: I can’t speak for many other guys, but there’s a lot of animosity (towards BradK). That’s all you can really say.

DH says he won’t be surprised if BK wins title. Has had speed all year, everywhere, but also has the noted drama surrounding him.

One thing I don't like is this part

"
DH: Brad doesn’t have to apologize. I’ll be 100% clear on that. But even if you don’t mean it, give the guy 30 sec of your time. (more)
"

Jeff confronts him, Brad says "You left a hole, man" Gordon says "Oh I left a hole" as if it were impossible for him to ever make a mistake on the track. He then starts swearing at him so Brad turns away.

I don't understand why Harvick was mad at Brad. :confused:

Well if Jeff is mad at Brad and Brad gets mad at Jeff, They take eachother out at Phoenix giving Harvick 2 less competitors...

Robby Gordon gives his two cents on the Texas aftermath

I agree with Robby 100%. Nascar is ridiculously inconsistent with their punishments for fighting. After the brawl happened I said if that had been Jimmy Spencer or Robby Gordon involved they would have been parked for the rest of this season and put on probation for next season before the teams left the track.

One thing I don't like is this part

"
DH: Brad doesn’t have to apologize. I’ll be 100% clear on that. But even if you don’t mean it, give the guy 30 sec of your time. (more)
"

Jeff confronts him, Brad says "You left a hole, man" Gordon says "Oh I left a hole" as if it were impossible for him to ever make a mistake on the track. He then starts swearing at him so Brad turns away.
One reason I've never been much of a Gordon fan, the guy has a sense of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way. Seems like everytime someone pushes him, he overreacts and claims the other guy is racing over his head. I know he's a 4-time champ and all, but he can come off very condescending at times.

You know, I was thinking along those lines yesterday and that it's almost unacceptable for drivers not to be friends these days. I was pretty much thinking that I liked things a bit better when some guys who didn't like one another weren't afraid to let it be known - on AND off the track.

Technically, they can't put the respect in your casket either, Denny. :D

Funny how harv and Denny are the 2 making all this noise about giving the other driver a chance to speak when it was those 2 who wrecked Logano and hid in their cars and refused to talk. Shows the double standard some have. Brad did give Jeff a chance to talk. Jeff decided to curse and yell stupid stuff over and over, so Brad walked away.

http://t.co/RHyWGbqLMV

DW, Marty Smith and company talk Texas.

One reason I've never been much of a Gordon fan, the guy has a sense of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way. Seems like everytime someone pushes him, he overreacts and claims the other guy is racing over his head. I know he's a 4-time champ and all, but he can come off very condescending at times.

It's also funny to hear the veteran click pick up on comments like that and parrot them every chance they get.

Possibly for the way Brad blocked on for the second-to-last lap.

Or simply to instigate. Larry Mac said that before the chase, Harvick told him the guy he doesn't want to have to beat at Homestead is Kez. This is why he invited Kenseth to wreck Brad after Charlotte, and why he pushed a guy who is on probation into a fight. Kez gave Gordon a chance to talk. Gordon didn't want to. That would have been the end of it.

Meanwhile, what Harvick was damn funny. Cheap, but funny. They should be careful. Brads backup plan may be to wreck all 3 in one crazy shot at Homestead while Logano drives to the championship. I'm sure he feels he owes Matt, Harvick, Jeff and Denny a little.

I'm most curious to see just how accurate Hambone's take on things is after the next two races.

... Brads backup plan may be to wreck all 3 in one crazy shot at Homestead while Logano drives to the championship. I'm sure he feels he owes Matt, Harvick, Jeff and Denny a little.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I would then have to abandon this place until after homestead 2015 as result of SlicedBread22 overwhelming this board worse than the recently revived Gordon contingent!!!:D

I'm sure that Keselowski does feel that he owes all those drivers and more. That happens when you always see yourself as the victim and never do any wrong.

I'm sure that Keselowski does feel that he owes all those drivers and more. That happens when you always see yourself as the victim and never do any wrong.

Like every other champion. Jeff has the "I'm perfect" gene more than anyone....wait...Tony has...

Marty Smith conversation with Denny Hamlin:

Marty Smith @MartySmithESPN
DH: I don’t know what Brad thought. But if I was in his exact car, I’d have to know I wouldn’t make it through that hole without contact

DH: You have to expect retaliation, which I’m sure (BradK) did.

DH says BK was on fresher tires, "so saying that was his only opportunity to win may not be a true statement.” Said still two laps left.

DH: That was a very small hole. A car is 6.5-7ft wide. That whole was 6-foot. Somebody was gonna have to pay the price.

DH: It’s tough to win a championship if nobody likes you. That’s a very tough task.

DH: You always have to watch your mirror (if nobody likes you). That’s a tough way to race. I learned that the very, very hard way.

DH: We’re at the point in the season where people get back at each other for times when they feel they’ve been done wrong.

DH: As drivers, u look 4 some1 2 say, sorry man ruined ur day. I apologize. When that’s not said, immediately it lights a fire in ur stomach

DH: If he did it to me, I’d have had the same reaction as Jeff. That’s what escalated it the most.

DH: Brad doesn’t have to apologize. I’ll be 100% clear on that. But even if yo udon’t mean it, give the guy 30 sec of your time. (more)

DH more: If you blow someone off and have no remorse, you escalate how someone feels about you times 10.

DH: If it comes down to the end of the race, and someone can help me or Brad, and I have their respect, they’re gonna help me over Brad.

DH: Even Dale Earnhardt had Dave Marcis. Even when Dale didn’t have many friends, he had some allies. That’s important.

DH: If u ask me do u want a championship trophy or the respect of your peers, I’ll take the respect. They can’t put that trophy in my casket

DH to BK’s comment about how hard he had to work to make it. “I didn’t have money, either. That is a scapegoat statement he throws out"

DH on BK: This is just my opinion, but he has GOT to work on the respect factor from his peers.

DH: I can’t speak for many other guys, but there’s a lot of animosity (towards BradK). That’s all you can really say.

DH says he won’t be surprised if BK wins title. Has had speed all year, everywhere, but also has the noted drama surrounding him.

It's a sad day when you find yourself agreeing with every single point Hamlin touches on. LOL

Funny how harv and Denny are the 2 making all this noise about giving the other driver a chance to speak when it was those 2 who wrecked Logano and hid in their cars and refused to talk. Shows the double standard some have. Brad did give Jeff a chance to talk. Jeff decided to curse and yell stupid stuff over and over, so Brad walked away.

http://t.co/RHyWGbqLMV

DW, Marty Smith and company talk Texas.

all he did was play with his hair and try to laugh his way out of that mess. Plus there was a 2 crew in the way impeding Jeff to get to Brad. Watch the video dude.

all he did was play with his hair and try to laugh his way out of that mess. Plus there was a 2 crew in the way impeding Jeff to get to Brad. Watch the video dude.

Ok, I'll watch if you promise to listen. lol

There are multiple videos. You should check them out. In the one with the cameraman in the middle of it all, Jeff asks him what he was thinking and Brad replies "you left a hole" and then Jeff flips out like that's impossible. Why would Brad argue with someone being unreasonable? He tried to say what he saw and what he was doing and Gordon flipped out. Of course guys from the 2 got in the way. Why would they let their driver who is on probation possibly get into a fight?

There are multiple videos. You should check them out. In the one with the cameraman in the middle of it all, Jeff asks him what he was thinking and Brad replies "you left a hole" and then Jeff flips out like that's impossible. Why would Brad argue with someone being unreasonable? He tried to say what he saw and what he was doing and Gordon flipped out. Of course guys from the 2 got in the way. Why would they let their driver who is on probation possibly get into a fight?

Gordon seem pretty calm to start. The fact that there was someone in the way and the fact he had to yell out his responses made it worse.

The hole comment was just adding fuel to the fire. Oh you dont say guy!

If you really want to get technical, there has to always be space bewteen cars on the track. That doesn't mean you can just ram your way through it when it was pretty obvious you wouldn't fit through there.

especially after one of Jeff's stellar restarts. Kez probably should have waited for Jeff to quit spinning to make his move, but Gordon was heading for the rear. Gordon had plenty of room on the outside to try to keep out of the way, but coming down and squeezing a faster car was what he chose to do.

Gordon seem pretty calm to start. The fact that there was someone in the way and the fact he had to yell out his responses made it worse.

The hole comment was just adding fuel to the fire. Oh you dont say guy!

If you really want to get technical, there has to always be space bewteen cars on the track. That doesn't mean you can just ram your way through it when it was pretty obvious you wouldn't fit through there.

I don't know, the view from behind looked like his car would fit until Gordon tried to come back down.

Gordon was so calm to start that he drove next to Kez and got out searching for him and throwing his arms up when he didn't see him at first. Real calm.

yeah I don't know how many drivers he has said that about, but he is the one losing his all the time.

I don't know, the view from behind looked like his car would fit until Gordon tried to come back down.

Gordon was so calm to start that he drove next to Kez and got out searching for him and throwing his arms up when he didn't see him at first. Real calm.
yeah and he kept looking back to make sure there wasn't any traffic coming..I thought that was strange. ;) Jeff might have been looking back to see if he wasn't going to get a ticket for being double parked on pit road I guess.:idunno:

Calm enough to at least let Brad tell him what he was thinking.

There wasn't even going to be a fight anyway. Until Harvick shoved him which at that point it was just inevitable.

Overall though. I'm not at all a fan of Gordon losing his composure at the end of the year. Seems to be a pattern now.

lol at the idea that Keselowski "owes Gordon one"

Yeah, Keselowski may have cost Gordon millions, but Brad owes Jeff one. lol

I'm sure he will feel he "owes" Jeff one soon enough, after Jeff returns the favor.

when Gordon came to rest beside Brad that 1st guy to his car rolled his sleeves up looking like a madman gonna fight (Allen on back of firesuit) and led the charge, it wasn't just Gordon by himself.

Back
Top Bottom