The 2018 Winter Olympics

I see that Dish Network is broadcasting tape delayed 4K coverage of the previous days action. I'm sure other providers are as well. Check your listings if you've got the equipment for it. Channel 540 on Dish Network. DirecTV's channel is 106.

The 4K HDR video from South Korea will include the Opening Ceremony, ski jumping, short track speed skating, figure skating, hockey and snowboarding. NBC says it will produce as many as four events in 4K HDR on each day of the games.

I'll be glued to the tv for the alpine ski events. Also looking forward to hockey and bobsledding.

Lindsey Vonn and Michaela Shiffrin are primed to bring home gold medals for the USA in the alpine ski races.

Lindsey-Vonn-of-the-USA-competes-d.jpg

Last edited:
Really rooting for Ross.To come back as fast as she has from a devastating knee injury is amazing and inspiring. Go, Ross!

http://www.laurenneross.com/

usoc1-pc-ezra-shaw_1_orig.jpg

Okay, I know this photo is so corny, but I just can't help it!

We made it to Korea! Finally.... It seems like the entire season leading up to the Olympics has been revolving around this event. It has been mentioned at almost every World Cup race (for qualification reasons). I have been asked the question over and over, "are you going to the Olympics?" My season leading up to this point has been fairly mediocre, but given my injury, it has been more than I could have expected or asked for...

After blowing my knee out (I mean, really. blowing. it. out.) at the end of last season, I knew it was going to be a push to get here. I had to commit, grind, work my ass off to make it happen. I feel so fortunate and thankful to everyone that has helped me along my path: my surgeon, Physical Therapists, parents, friends, family, sponsors, fans (I can feel all the love and good vibes, even if we haven't interacted in person), etc. THANK YOU -- you are part of the reason why I am here. Anyway....back to my main point.

I am here! In Korea, at the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. Because of sponsor restrictions and media regulations we are not allowed to make certain posts, so I've decided to do updates on my blog here. Right here. On this page. So, starting on the day of Opening Ceremonies (February 8th for those in America, and early on the 9th for those of you in Europe -- check your providers for time tables if you want specifics!), check in regularly for updates on where I'm at, what I'm experiencing, how I'm feeling, etc. Yes, emotions will probably be involved. That's just my life.
Regardless.... Opening Ceremonies are in two days, so I will be updating then! Check back here for an inside look into the Olympics. It's gonna be fun. Exciting. Terrifying. And incredible. See you back here soon!

GEPA_full_2112_GEPA-14031644034-1024x570.jpg

I love almost everything about he winter Olympics. From curling to speed skating to alpine skiing to snowboards to skeletons (crazy emeffers) to bobsleds. All the winter games (except curling) take way more balls than the summer games.

I'll probably tune in. I like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Olympics, and I enjoyed the Summer Olympics the last time around. The figure skating is probably my favorite thing.

Just how hum without Russia, we won't be beating the best.....kind if like going against second string .

Short track, luge, bobsled, skeleton, and hockey are my ones to watch. Still peeved that the NHL and IOC couldn't come to an agreement to release players for the Olympics though.

Watched a little bit of curling this morning. Yep, curling. It's all good. Mixed doubles USA vs. Canada.

Canada used a big fifth end to secure a 6-4 win over Team USA in mixed doubles round robin curling play Thursday morning.

Ski jump qualifying on now. These guys/gals are nuts. I have never seen this in person but man, that view they show you from the top of that ramp looking down. :eek:

This sure beats watching the news. Love the winter games. Anything on ice or snow.

The only thing I see "Live & Upcoming" on the NBC Sports app is golf.

I forgot what an infuriating exercise trying to watch the Olympics could be.

It's 1:26am in South Korea. Not a lot of competition taking place at that hour. At least nothing that could be televised. ;)

Not really sure what NBC Sports app you are using but all of the upcoming events do show on mine. I think the next live event is 6:30pm et. Not hard to take in every event actually.

Just looked at the app again. You can even mark the events on it that you would like to be alerted about. It will tell you when they come on so that you don't miss them.

It's 1:26am in South Korea. Not a lot of competition taking place at that hour. At least nothing that could be televised. ;)

Not really sure what NBC Sports app you are using but all of the upcoming events do show on mine. I think the next live event is 6:30pm et. Not hard to take in every event actually.

Nothing shows up on "Upcoming Events" except Golf and NHL ... on the NBC Olympics (Windows) app!

This is an infuriating exercise.

And is there really a reason NBC's showing these events tape delayed at 11pm instead of live at 6pm?

Nothing shows up on "Upcoming Events" except Golf and NHL ... on the NBC Olympics (Windows) app!

This is an infuriating exercise.

And is there really a reason NBC's showing these events tape delayed at 11pm instead of live at 6pm?
Not sure about the windows app as I'm not familiar with that but the NBC app on both my phone and my Roku show live events starting at 6:00pm. Send me a link to what you're talking about so I can check from my location.

12+ hour delay. Unreal.

When the Los Angeles Olympics happen, NBC will probably air the opening ceremonies 20 hours after they happen.

Mike Tirico is the man. No Lauer or Costas... First time the Olympic Opening Ceremony have been watchable with the volume turned on possibly ever.

So frustrating that there will be three Asian Olympics in a row. Taped this, taped that, what the hell?

The NBC app is the best way to watch these Olympic's. Every single event is shown live. Streaming it off of the Roku.

Back
Top Bottom