The 2018 Winter Olympics

And I'm watching Rutledge Wood give breakdowns of figure skating on the Olympic Channel...

Gary Bettman somehow still has a job as commissioner of the NHL after two lockouts and a refusal to release players to the Olympics. Now the men's national team is trash.

Men's ski slopestyle will be a fun watch tonight.:D The air and tricks these kids throw down are impressive, to say the least.

Buttermilk-Winter-X-Games-14_Phil-Casabon2.jpg

Men's GS on now. Not much of a chance for a medal for the USA except for Ligety.That being said, he has won Olympic gold, so anything is possible.

ligety_ted_102614_800x375.jpg

Ross blog after the SG
photo-credit-alexis-boichard-2-laurenne_orig.jpg

That feeling you get when you look back: knowing how hard you worked to get to this finish line. Knowing you gave it everything you had. Thinking about how silly all the anxiety and fear and nerves were...realizing how lucky you are. Looking back and having no regrets. This is life, at the fullest. Feeling all the silly feelings and realizing how silly they are, getting caught up in things, stepping back, stepping UP. To such a huge, huge challenge.

Of course it would have been incredible to medal...but, for me, that's not what this is about. This is about growth, spirit and courage. This is about getting to know myself, coming to know what dedication truly means. Realizing the improbability of achieving something but going for it anyway... learning how to believe. Teaching myself to believe (which is no easy feat) that, despite all odds, I can do this. And having friends and loved ones by my side for the ride, for the journey. Embracing the ****tiest days, full of tears, in hopes of the light they will bring to other less ****** ones. Doubting, trusting, pushing, fearing, collapsing and standing back up.

Today I skied the best I have skied since my injury. I know 15th doesn't sound that good -- but it was a tight race, in a stacked field, full of many impressive runs and great skiing. There was wind, too, which definitely affected many racers, but it's difficult to say who and how much exactly. But, anyway, I skied well. Which was surprising, considering my nerves at the start today. And all of the build up to this day over the last week, month, years. I did it! I raced in the Olympics :)

More tomorrow. I'm freaking exhausted. Thanks for reading!

http://www.laurenneross.com/

Karma? What in the world are you talking about,Motard. She had a good run and got beat fair and square. By the way, I thought you hate the Olympics and aren't watching them.
I wasn't, i read about it, well when you make disparaging comments, karma gets you n the end.

I wasn't, i read about it, well when you make disparaging comments, karma gets you n the end.

What disparaging comments? Have you been drinking, Motard? She lost to some of the best racers on the planet. You obviously have not a clue about Alpine Ski Racing.

Nothing sad about it. We don't have our pros playing. Doesn't stop me from watching and rooting for our team.Why are you always so negative? Is your life so miserable that you have to spend all your free time posting negative garbage all over this board? Get out and do something positive for once in your life, Motard.
Just pointing out that Men's hockey is an embarrassment. Does Russia have pro players?

Just pointing out that Men's hockey is an embarrassment. Does Russia have pro players?

I believe so. Canada doesn't have their NHL players either. It is what it is.We are big time underdogs, and I like rooting for underdogs They're out there trying there hardest to win for the USA and you call them an embarrassment. I suggest you take a look in the mirror, Motard.

Last edited:
Neither the men nor the women USA curling teams are doing well, and likely won't make the semi-finals. Women did squeek out a win today against Norway though. Great game, ties 6-6 in the 10th, with USA coming out on top.

Our women's team is a bunch of ornery little ****s, real scrappers. That is about all I have watched so far is women's hockey. The contact rules they have make it a truer game to me.

Our women's team is a bunch of ornery little ****s, real scrappers. That is about all I have watched so far is women's hockey. The contact rules they have make it a truer game to me.

You’re not kidding, they’re incredibly physical. Also on the Men’s side Russia has the KHL which is far and away the second best league in the world with the money to keep some talented players. Because the IIHF oversees that league those players are forced into the Olympics, giving Russia a huge advantage

Curling too! Really?

Russian Curler Fails Drug Test, Authorities Explore Sabotage Possibility

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea—A Russian curler and medalist at the Winter Games has failed a preliminary doping test, a person familiar with the matter said Monday, a potential setback for Russia’s efforts to bounce back from a huge doping scandal.

Aleksandr Krushelnitckii, who won a bronze medal in mixed doubles with his wife last week, has tested positive for a high dose of meldonium, a heart-disease medication, the person said.

Because the dose of meldonium detected in Krushelnitckii’s urine sample was significantly higher than what would normally be read for a person treated with the drug, authorities are exploring the possibility that he was the victim of an act of sabotage, the person said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...ities-explore-sabotage-possibility-1519017210

Curling too! Really?

Russian Curler Fails Drug Test, Authorities Explore Sabotage Possibility

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea—A Russian curler and medalist at the Winter Games has failed a preliminary doping test, a person familiar with the matter said Monday, a potential setback for Russia’s efforts to bounce back from a huge doping scandal.

Aleksandr Krushelnitckii, who won a bronze medal in mixed doubles with his wife last week, has tested positive for a high dose of meldonium, a heart-disease medication, the person said.

Because the dose of meldonium detected in Krushelnitckii’s urine sample was significantly higher than what would normally be read for a person treated with the drug, authorities are exploring the possibility that he was the victim of an act of sabotage, the person said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...ities-explore-sabotage-possibility-1519017210
In curling FFS. Seriously, Russia? Curling?

I was wrong about the women's curling team. They are actually in 4th place, and have hopes for the playoffs.

Watching replays on the NBC sports app, but what's weird is there's no commentary on women's curling replay between USA and China.

Congrats to our own Brita Sigourney for her great run and Bronze medal. The top five through down some sweet tricks with big amplitude.

DWcrFl6VQAA5_nH.jpg:large

136986582_15191038388141n.jpg

Women's downhill tonight.:punkrocke Guessing you will be seeing some of these women standing on the podium.

Lara Gut
gut_jumpValdIsere_zoom_1.jpg

Vonn
vonn_lindsey_012416_800x375.jpg

Tina Weirather
27972192_10156573534742971_33626078665027175_n.jpg

Sofia Goggia
Sofia%20Goggia%20of%20Italy.jpg

Highly unlikely Laurenne Ross will make the podium, but something in the top 15 would be awesome.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Back
Top Bottom