The 2018 Winter Olympics

I hope NBC isn't this bad in 2020.
Why are you having such a problem with them? Every event is available live through their app for your television and through their website, http://stream.nbcolympics.com. You should give it a try. You won't miss a thing. Heck, you can open up every single live event in a separate window and stream it at the same time on your PC.

If you're basing your comment strictly on what is being shown on the four channels carrying this on television, then yes, you are extremely limited on what you will see. As I type this, there are 8 different events being contested. Each available live. If you can't be pleased with them offering you every single event live, then I don't think any network will suffice.

Untitled.jpg

Lol yeah NBC with the exception of NASCAR does a great job with how they cover sports I believe, and especially the Olympics. Living in Toledo though we get CBC from Canada which is a nice addition come Olympics time

Day 2: Lauren Ross blog.

http://www.laurenneross.com/

(the Alices, in our new suits, training GS)
img-20180209-100058_1_orig.jpg

The wind blew strong and true today, preventing the men's downhill race from happening. But that was only on the Alpine side of things -- many other events competed today. While we were on a wind hold for training I got to watch the men's snowboard slopestyle, and I saw Redmond Gerard's winning run...which I was incredibly impressed by. I also saw his first two runs, in which he fell, and therefore had some serious respect when he stomped his final run, his final chance, and became the first American to win Gold here in Pyeongchang. So rad!

It was also pretty cool to see a Korean win the short-track speed skating last night. It always feels good to see the host country win, to see their pride and support and hear the cheers of the home crowd. Jessie Diggins (USA) was 5th in the skiathlon yesterday, the event where you switch classic/skate skis halfway through. So that was pretty awesome for US Ski and Snowboard.

We eventually loaded the lift around 1 pm today and got to train some GS in the wind. The surface was amazing though, and I actually took a lot out of the training. It is always good to train GS and challenge my movement a bit....

Tomorrow we are planning on training SG, but it's supposed to be pretty windy again, so we'll see what happens! The men already canceled their DH training run tomorrow, and have shifted their events around quite a bit: they are planning to race Alpine Combined on the 13th, DH on the 15th, and SG on the 16th. The Alpine women are scheduled to race GS tomorrow, Slalom on the 14th, and then we start with the speed events on the 17th. I'll be racing in that one (I just found out for sure)! It's the SG, and DH training runs begin the next day (as well as men's GS).

I'll probably tune in. I like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Olympics, and I enjoyed the Summer Olympics the last time around. The figure skating is probably my favorite thing.
Wimmins beech volleyball makes summer the best for me.
Figure skating is good too.

I'm sticking to the highlight shows on the Olympic Channel for the time being. Any time I turn on NBC, figure skating. Figure skating figure skating figure skating.

It's the only thing they care about.

NBC normally does a good job showing a variety of sports and the presentation is usually top-notch. But so far this year, the only good thing about NBC has been Mike Tirico.

The men's ski jumping reminds of the classic "Wide World of Sports" intro.
The agony of defeat about 12 seconds into the video.

Watching every second I can, even on the NBC primetime shows. I normally couldn't give two ****s about ice skating, but was into it last night. The only thing I really dislike now is cross country skiing.

And of course curling is my all time favorite, followed closely be short track.

The men's ski jumping reminds of the classic "Wide World of Sports" intro.
The agony of defeat about 12 seconds into the video.

I remember it well. Watched it every Sunday and for the Olympics when I could. :D

Watching every second I can, even on the NBC primetime shows. I normally couldn't give two ****s about ice skating, but was into it last night. The only thing I really dislike now is cross country skiing.

And of course curling is my all time favorite, followed closely be short track.
I'm not a huge fan of the figure skating or cross country skiing but man, I'm hooked on just about everything else. Every single event is covered start/finish on NBC's app. You couldn't see more of the Olympics if you were actually at the Olympics vs. what is available from your home. I see/read a lot of people trashing the coverage but the way I see it, they simply don't know how to watch it.

I'm not a huge fan of the figure skating or cross country skiing but man, I'm hooked on just about everything else. Every single event is covered start/finish on NBC's app. You couldn't see more of the Olympics if you were actually at the Olympics vs. what is available from your home. I see/read a lot of people trashing the coverage but the way I see it, they simply don't know how to watch it.

4.9 million households in the United States still have no access to broadband internet and likely never will. This is one of the problem with saying "just go online and watch it."

Yes, I have internet. I don't have a Smart TV or a Roku player. I have difficulty streaming on my hotspot, even though I can download a 1080p HD movie in 10 minutes. Furthermore, NBC's website uses the archaic Flash player still, something many modern internet browsers block, hence me trying to use their app on my laptop which is garbage. And I'm not going to watch something on my phone.

It's not even the tape delays that are bothering me at this point. It's NBC showing the same thing over and over and over. They're airing figure skating on tape delay at 8pm then re-airing it at midnight when the next day's figure skating stuff is in progress. Their coverage of anything that's not figure skating or curling is severely limited. And they're televising less this year than ever before.

They're even doing this thing (STILL) where, when they show "LIVE" coverage, it's actually tape delayed and they show it a half hour later and pretend it's a live broadcast.

"But the website."

Basically, if you want to watch something other than ****** figure skating, you can watch "live" on the NBC mobile app at 2am, otherwise your SOL. :rolleyes:

NBC.com works flawlessly for you. Good for you. I guess that makes the rest of us idiots.

I'm not the only one bitching about this either. CBC.ca can't even keep their website up and running consistently because Americans are spoofing their IPs to watch CBC coverage.

Like I said, if you limit yourself to what is on the four networks carrying the Olympics you'll be less than thrilled. I can't do anything about the 4.9 million that don't have a sufficient internet connection to watch the Olympics. That's on them and where they reside. To simply say that the coverage isn't there is wrong. It is there and it's available. Try Firefox. Seems to work fine for me.

Gotta agree about Mike Tirico as he is the man and I like his play by play on football. I think the last Olympics I may have seen was at Sarajevo as a quick highlight package is fine for me now. I used to really like boxing, hockey and ski jumping but the Olympics got away from me for some reason.

4.9 million households in the United States still have no access to broadband internet and likely never will. This is one of the problem with saying "just go online and watch it."

Yes, I have internet. I don't have a Smart TV or a Roku player. I have difficulty streaming on my hotspot, even though I can download a 1080p HD movie in 10 minutes. Furthermore, NBC's website uses the archaic Flash player still, something many modern internet browsers block, hence me trying to use their app on my laptop which is garbage. And I'm not going to watch something on my phone.

It's not even the tape delays that are bothering me at this point. It's NBC showing the same thing over and over and over. They're airing figure skating on tape delay at 8pm then re-airing it at midnight when the next day's figure skating stuff is in progress. Their coverage of anything that's not figure skating or curling is severely limited. And they're televising less this year than ever before.

They're even doing this thing (STILL) where, when they show "LIVE" coverage, it's actually tape delayed and they show it a half hour later and pretend it's a live broadcast.

"But the website."

Basically, if you want to watch something other than ******* figure skating, you can watch "live" on the NBC mobile app at 2am, otherwise your SOL. :rolleyes:

NBC.com works flawlessly for you. Good for you. I guess that makes the rest of us idiots.

I'm not the only one bitching about this either. CBC.ca can't even keep their website up and running consistently because Americans are spoofing their IPs to watch CBC coverage.
I'd love to be able to watch live late at night or early in the morning. I can't - sleep, work, commute, etc. For when I can watch, in primetime and on the weekends, they need to diversify their coverage. The primetime NBC window last night was 3+ hours of figure skating. Before that, NBCSN was showing more figure skating.

I'd love to be able to watch live late at night or early in the morning. I can't - sleep, work, commute, etc. For when I can watch, in primetime and on the weekends, they need to diversify their coverage. The primetime NBC window last night was 3+ hours of figure skating. Before that, NBCSN was showing more figure skating.

I think the alpine ski events being canceled that were supposed to be shown primetime is the reason they've shown so much ice skating over the last few day's.

NBC is bad this year, really bad.

Like I said, if you limit yourself to what is on the four networks carrying the Olympics you'll be less than thrilled. I can't do anything about the 4.9 million that don't have a sufficient internet connection to watch the Olympics. That's on them and where they reside. To simply say that the coverage isn't there is wrong. It is there and it's available. Try Firefox. Seems to work fine for me.

It's there at 3am.

The only reason the tape delay isn't bothering me as much this year as in the past is this massive time difference. But NBC has no diversity in what they're airing on the big screen this year. And they're offering significantly less coverage by dropping MSNBC and Bravo. Not to mention not having the dedicated networks they've had in the past.

You know a sport I can't figure out why Americans aren't good at. Biathlon. We are good at shooting, we are good at skiing, but not both together. My only guess is people who love to shoot guns and people who love to cross country ski are not groups that intersect in this country.

So because I "complain about stuff", that means @FLRacingFan's complaint about NBC shouldn't be taken seriously? :XXROFL:
Did I say anything about his complaint? No, I simply pointed out the obvious, which is that you complain about everything. All the time. So anytime you chip in with a complaint, no one should take it seriously. You're like they boy that cried wolf. Except that you're the boy that complained.....

Back
Top Bottom