The Annex

Oh shoot.. did you go back and get it?

I took the day off and visited another assisted living facility. I did like this one but liked another one too so after talking it over with my brother, we decided on one we visited two weeks ago. We're planning on bringing my dad up here January 1st or 2nd. I'll be glad to get him settled.

No. It isn't worth going back there. I'll have to go to the first gas station that has ice. I was just hoping not to have to leave the house again before Christmas.

That's great. I hope your Dad will love it. I know it has be hard checking out all those places. Will he be able to take his own furniture and all his stuff?

No. It isn't worth going back there. I'll have to go to the first gas station that has ice. I was just hoping not to have to leave the house again before Christmas.

That's great. I hope your Dad will love it. I know it has be hard checking out all those places. Will he be able to take his own furniture and all his stuff?
Well my brother donated most of his furniture so we'll have to buy some but not a lot. And probably sheets and stuff. Not a major problem. I think he'll like this place but I really don't know for sure. The only other person I know who's been in a facility was my husband's grandmother but she was in rehab after a stroke, and that place was really depressing. The place we looked at didn't seem as depressing... but we'll see. One thing is I think that these places are just going to get better and better because there's going to be a lot of competition due to the first of the baby boomers reaching senior status... the first of the baby boomers turn 70 in 2015... so within the next 10 years, I think we'll see a greater influx of folks into these places.

Reactions: Pat
Well my brother donated most of his furniture so we'll have to buy some but not a lot. And probably sheets and stuff. Not a major problem. I think he'll like this place but I really don't know for sure. The only other person I know who's been in a facility was my husband's grandmother but she was in rehab after a stroke, and that place was really depressing. The place we looked at didn't seem as depressing... but we'll see. One thing is I think that these places are just going to get better and better because there's going to be a lot of competition due to the first of the baby boomers reaching senior status... the first of the baby boomers turn 70 in 2015... so within the next 10 years, I think we'll see a greater influx of folks into these places.

I've only been in one place when my aunt was there. It was clean but somehow still depressing. I'm glad you were able to find a good home for him. 70 in 2015 huh? That's when I turn 70. :eek:

I've only been in one place when my aunt was there. It was clean but somehow still depressing. I'm glad you were able to find a good home for him. 70 in 2015 huh? That's when I turn 70. :eek:

2014 went by so darn fast. Wow. But yeah, sad to say but the aging population does point to a need for more facilities in the not too distant future.

Oh Lord.. protesters are blocking one of our major interstates this evening. Screwing up rush hour traffic for those who live in Maryland and DC. It seems at some point, they need to stop protesting and start working on real change.

Reactions: Pat
LMAO.. that's what I was thinking earlier when I saw that. I know you didn't get it there.. but was thinking about that commercial.
Obviously I'd rather go to a nice sushi restaurant but it can get expensive so Kroger sushi is good in a pinch :booya:

2014 went by so darn fast. Wow. But yeah, sad to say but the aging population does point to a need for more facilities in the not too distant future.

Oh Lord.. protesters are blocking one of our major interstates this evening. Screwing up rush hour traffic for those who live in Maryland and DC. It seems at some point, they need to stop protesting and start working on real change.

We've had some marches and die-ins here. Fortunately for us, the time and place is published. So we can afford it. This trouble making for everyone isn't getting them anywhere. I did hear one thing they are talking about I can agree with.. on the surface anyway it sounds like a good idea. Don't use local DAs when a police officer is involved. The local DAs work closely with the police department, it makes sense to me someone not as closely tied should be the prosecutor.

Oh, and what they are doing is not helping to get that done.

We've had some marches and die-ins here. Fortunately for us, the time and place is published. So we can afford it. This trouble making for everyone isn't getting them anywhere. I did hear one thing they are talking about I can agree with.. on the surface anyway it sounds like a good idea. Don't use local DAs when a police officer is involved. The local DAs work closely with the police department, it makes sense to me someone not as closely tied should be the prosecutor.

Oh, and what they are doing is not helping to get that done.
That's a good idea about not using local DAs. I sincerely hope that at some point we can all come together and reach a solution... at least start communicating and building trust.

That's a good idea about not using local DAs. I sincerely hope that at some point we can all come together and reach a solution... at least start communicating and building trust.
That will never happen Lin. There are groups who feel they have been taken advantage of..... and they were.... but.... not by us... they now feel entitled to run rampant . If they want to see someone who was taken advantage of.... they ought to thank their lucky stars they weren't the Native Indians.

Reactions: Lin

Ageed.

That will never happen Lin. There are groups who feel they have been taken advantage of..... and they were.... but.... not by us... they now feel entitled to run rampant . If they want to see someone who was taken advantage of.... they ought to thank their lucky stars they weren't the Native Indians.
It's just gotten a bit ridiculous. Protests are well and good but at some point they are pointless.

On another note, we decided on a place for my dad and it's not too far away. I'm hoping this will work out for him. My brother's going to move him up here from Georgia on New Years Day.

It's just gotten a bit ridiculous. Protests are well and good but at some point they are pointless.

On another note, we decided on a place for my dad and it's not too far away. I'm hoping this will work out for him. My brother's going to move him up here from Georgia on New Years Day.
Great news about your dad..... I know you are glad the decision has been made...... :)

Good find. The brakes! The brakes! I wouldn't have any brakes left.
Yup yup you really have to know what your doing to drive those roads use too much brakes get them hot they are usless and can catch on fire not good!!!!!!!

Yay glad you found a place for your dad that had to be so stressful.....

Yup yup you really have to know what your doing to drive those roads use too much brakes get them hot they are usless and can catch on fire not good!!!!!!!

That was a long road down.

So a lot of us are close in age. When I was young, I couldn't image being 70. Now, it's like What? Already? I don't feel a day over 69. :D
Yes most here are in there mid to upper 60's......Theres a how old are you thread where me saw the ages of most here....
I'll put it in the recipe thread in Chit-Chat. Don't know why I haven't done so before.
Cool thanks fer that..........I wonder if Clutch has his recipe for that chili he posted a pic of last night sure looked good........ lt Sounds good I like apricots so would like it for sure..... I like any sweets....

That was a long road down.
First time I went down the Grapevine it freaked me out.....That's a pretty good grade and to have to hold on that weight at 35 mph is hard to do with no Jake Brake..... 6% grade 35mph and 5 miles long...

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I went down the Grapevine it freaked me out.....That's a pretty good grade and to have to hold on that weight at 35 mph is hard to do with no Jake Brake.....

It's a long time to be on that grade. I almost lost my brakes coming down the hill from the Castaway. I wasn't expecting that.

It's a long time to be on that grade. I almost lost my brakes coming down the hill from the Castaway. I wasn't expecting that.
Yeah its 5 miles long you see drivers reading papers on the way down...I have seen piles of stuff at the last turn on the Grapevine trucks that didn't make it lost there brakes.......Wow the Castaway I haven't heard that name in year....Yup hot brakes are no good......

Yeah its 5 miles long you see drivers reading papers on the way down...I have seen piles of stuff at the last turn on the Grapevine trucks that didn't make it lost there brakes.......Wow the Castaway I haven't heard that name in year....Yup hot brakes are no good......

lol They were taking it nice and slow.

I missed the stop sign by about 5 feet.

Oh shoot.. did you go back and get it?

I took the day off and visited another assisted living facility. I did like this one but liked another one too so after talking it over with my brother, we decided on one we visited two weeks ago. We're planning on bringing my dad up here January 1st or 2nd. I'll be glad to get him settled.
I had to put my mom, 90, in an assisted living in March. It's hard to find a good one at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom