The Announcers Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by aroundgoes, Jul 28, 2017.

1. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

Not sending personnel to the track is a good way to cut expense.

2. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

I would think a driver who is an announcer would want to be at the track. They can see stuff developing on track and comment on it - which cues the camera to watch. F1 coverage in the US had the commentators watching the broadcast feed and they often got frustrated because they wanted to talk about more than what was shown.

FLRacingFan, LewTheShoe and Ventisca like this.
  3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I believe it was the Iowa race. If I wasn't paying attention I wouldn't have known the difference..they only mentioned it in passing in the pre race once. The pit reporters were at the track though, and of course all of the cameras were there. I suspect with Fox's new studio remodel that is where they are headed.

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Isn't Jamie Mac already a studio analyst as well? With Larry being there this year as well I think there could be a scenario where there are too many cooks in the kitchen...my ideal scenario is Ricky replacing an NBC gerbil but it doesn't appear to be that way. But Ricky has always been a studio guy anyways, so I guess it'd make more sense.

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Holy moley

6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

top right, back row, with the beard

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Bob Pockrass to FOX

Pat, 2 Sweet, LewTheShoe and 2 others like this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Larry Mac is for sure not going to the track this year

Pat likes this.
  10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

11. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

FOX has a LOT of good people now if they also add Craven. Already added McMurray. Not sure how they plan to integrate them all - maybe setting up for the future without D.W.

Team Penske and IanMcVittie like this.
  12. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Ummmmmmmmmmm soon I hope. He really is sounding like a phony although it is possible
    his time has expired in regards to current knowledge.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  13. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Absolutely loved NBC's Rolex coverage. Made me a little torn on being there for part of it in person honestly lol.

As far as NASCAR goes, Larry Mac belongs at the track, but do you, FOX.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  14. dirtfan

dirtfan Team Owner

Please don't tease me...

Pat, FLRacingFan and Johali like this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

That didn't take long

16. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

Hopefully all this on air talent will not be forced to drink the Nascar Kool Aid. I don’t want a group of people taking cheap shots at the series and it’s drivers but the saccharine sweet crap is nauseating.

Team Penske likes this.
  17. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I really want to see Pockrass and Jimmy Spencer in a Point-Counterpoint Segment on Fox following Radioactive. Bring Danielle Trotta back to mediate the weekend action and controversies to keep those two on track and the segment moving.

18. dman6233

dman6233 Tire changer

Apparently there's more FOX hires that will be announced later. Could Bestwick be one of them?

19. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

IDK where Fox would use all these people unless they show some others the door. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

20. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

DW ???????? after this season.

21. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Craven is a solid analyst who takes his job seriously. While I share the too many cooks feeling, I'll take him talking from the studio over Michael Waltrip. Now if they're all trying to talk at the same time and get a word in, yeah, that's the problem.

With the Chris Myers part of the broadcast now being from a remote studio, those segments are probably going to be revamped and have a different feel.

Fox is making some smart hires because ESPN used to make smart hires before they decided NASCAR and racing weren't worth their time.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

seems like some are talking about two different networks. I don't believe FOX had a problem with too many talking at the same time, aound here they were fixated on DW I thought, he was the red spot for them.

23. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

and he faded as JG shone brighter.:rolleyes:

24. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Gordon has kind of regressed into the FOX fold as well.

25. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

The only people from either network I am familiar with are the men in the booth. IMO Mike Joy is getting tired but is the best of a bad lot. Jeff Gordon is ok and It is just plain sad to see what DW has become. NBC is awful and the analysts sound like they have dropped some speed before signing on.

I have seen a couple of clips of Ricky Craven and he didn’t offer anything insightful or useful. However I have not heard enough to formulate an opinion.

26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

27. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

We have no one to blame but ourselves for watching commercials. With today’s technology we can bypass them if we choose too.

Turtle84 likes this.
  28. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

Danielle Trotta is coming back to NASCAR! YIPEEE!!! Announcement pending. Now...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Ventisca likes this.
  29. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Commercials IMO are not the problem. Cutting away from the race for gimmicks like Rutledge are and they take away from the show what should be the race itself. IMO, people who tune into see a race and sit there to watch a virtual car, Rutledge and all the other nonsense must have ADHD problems.

I just watched a video of Dale E. in 2000 at Dega come from 17th place to win. Benny Parsons was the commentator and what a great job he did. I can just imagine today's crew telling us how many times the wheel of his car turned and how many replays during the final laps they would have showed of the 3 cars touching.

That is what is wrong today...... Over hyping what fans want to see as if it never happened before.

2 Sweet and Turtle84 like this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Apparently Rutledge is popular with the younger crowd that some think foolishly are non existent. As a long time watcher, I remember broadcasts have always had that sort of thing going on during the races both in the booth and out on the track. :idunno:

31. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

^ I guess as I get older, I have less tolerance for foolishness. When I turn 80 I am going to turn off the TV for good and just watch the nurses.

Yogisd1, StandOnIt and Ventisca like this.
  32. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Supposedly Danielle Trotta tweeted that she's coming back to NASCAR full time this season, announcement coming. Tweet is gone now but it was there.

:wub:

LewTheShoe and Ventisca like this.
  33. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

i posted about this right after her tweet. We will see. I LOVE her. Not in a creepy way. She has a GREAT personality to go along with drop dead good looks.

34. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

35. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

According to NASCAR’s demographics the poor young hipster is not getting the job done. Don’t look as it is depressing.

36. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Danielle Trotta on SiriusXM doesn't work for me -- I'm more of a visual guy...

DWDawg and KTMLew01 like this.
  37. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

I have seen the dude flying by on my screen as I am mashing the FF button. I agree with you about all the crap in Nascar broadcasts. All I watch are green flag laps. No split screens

38. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

If you had a clue about demographics that would be a surprise, as it is, it is a very old out of date and stale comment. Yeah it really is kind of depressing in a way.

39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck