The Announcers Thread

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
It might get old as we get on with the season but as of now I find it hilarious and adorable how Clint legit makes Jeff crack up during the broadcast

Snappy D

clint already is infected with burtonitis,
i promise you.
Clint hasn’t said “I promise you “ repeatedly, randomly yells out playoff POINTS!! and not talking a mile a minute. Might change though

hmmm298

Car Chief
To be fair it probably would be tough to have to think of stuff to say and keep talking constantly throughout a 500 mile race every week (atleast for someone like me who is generally just not a talker).

Old Kid

Crew Chief
Contributor
To be fair it probably would be tough to have to think of stuff to say and keep talking constantly throughout a 500 mile race every week (atleast for someone like me who is generally just not a talker).
I know I couldn't do it.

Old Kid

Crew Chief
Contributor
Tony's work in the booth today may be the first thing I've ever seen this entire board in agreement on. :laugh: I thought Chase Briscoe did very well doing commentary on the ARCA race today too.

hmmm298

Car Chief
Tony's work in the booth today may be the first thing I've ever seen this entire board in agreement on. :laugh: I thought Chase Briscoe did very well doing commentary on the ARCA race today too.
I thought it was Chase Elliott the whole time. :XXROFL: :cuckoo:

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I have to admit it wasn't really how I thought Tony would handle that role, but he did a really good job and took it a lot more serious and provided a lot more insight than I thought he would. Now if we could only get a couple stories sprinkled in there it would be gold

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
I have to admit it wasn't really how I thought Tony would handle that role, but he did a really good job and took it a lot more serious and provided a lot more insight than I thought he would. Now if we could only get a couple stories sprinkled in there it would be gold

I thought the one about making Bowyer wait until last at team meetings was pretty funny.

Snappy D

He’d never do it I would bet but if and when Jeff goes to run like HMS when Rick is done like Ive read a million times, Tony should be the replacement. Tony and Clint with Adam Alexander knocked it out of the park

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
He’d never do it I would bet but if and when Jeff goes to run like HMS when Rick is done like Ive read a million times, Tony should be the replacement. Tony and Clint with Adam Alexander knocked it out of the park
Tony currently has a day job. I don't know if he'd be interested in the booth on a permanent basis. I'm he certainly enjoyed being in FL this weekend more than in IN.

10-4

Team Owner
Clint Bowyer grates on my nerves in the booth. It's like everything has to be a class clown moment.

KodiakRusty89

Team Owner
Clint Bowyer grates on my nerves in the booth. It's like everything has to be a class clown moment.
I can see that. From my perspective he brings a little modern day Benny Parsons to the booth which is refreshing.....

Thought the commentary has been good so far but it's quite silly they installed that glass between them and they just stand over the top of it and talk to each other which completely defeats the purpose of it being there in the first place.

MRM

Team Owner
I forgot about Tony being on the Xfinity broadcast or I would have watched more of it. He and Clint did a great job.

Clint was better yesterday than during the Clash. He and Jeff mesh really well together. His wit is somewhat like DW when DW was younger and first jumped into the booth.

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I was a big fan of DW in the booth and Boyer hasn't fallen far from that tree. Fox made a really good choice and I think Boyer is good enough to have job announcing for a long time. He puts the fun back in racing.

I think him recently getting out of the car makes Clint a better fit. To me DW was too far removed from the car and really far removed from running competitively

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
Fox Sports is all about network personalities and being cartoonish. I still fear Clint Bowyer will end up being like DW was.

Hope I'm wrong. The booth is great right now and Fox's coverage is vastly superior to NBC in every department except picture quality. It's 2021, why are they still broadcasting in 720p?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
Aside from the cartoon depictions of drivers, the graphics on Fox are so much better than NBC. They're clean, translucent, and not distracting. The pylon is very easy to read. They use the pylon for other information as well instead of adding more screen clutter. Their graphics were never distracting.

NBC, on the other hand, has a very dated graphics package that dates back to 2015, can't decide whether to use a pylon or ticker, has a ton of screen clutter, and the graphics stand out whereas Fox's blend in. And NBC's commentary booth is relentless.

MRM

Team Owner
This mostly isn't about the announcers. I think Fox mailed it in yesterday. Reports from pit road were very slow to come in or never came in at all on drivers sustaining damage during the race. The ticker didn't update for a good part of the race several times. Very poor day by them.

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I noticed the ticker thing as well, was pretty annoying.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I wasn't paying attention to the TV ticker, but the problem might have started with Nascar's. It was super slow updating so if they worked off of Nascar's they were screwed. :idunno:

Top Bottom