The Announcers Thread

I do think Clint is a very good fit. You need someone bringing the spontaneous fizzle with Joy and Gordon. Hopefully he reduces his use of "hot rod" and a few other redundant sayings. That should come in time. Overall the broadcasts are enjoyable.
God yes, please.

i promise you,
burtonitis acting up again,
but overall the best part of clint being in the booth is his effect on mike and jeff,
they seem more relaxed and happier.
so thumbs up to clint.

My observation to date in 2021:
Clint just has a more natural quick funny whit. JG Is best when
he gives his ideas of what the driver is doing or thinking behind the wheel.
MJ is the glue and keeps things on track. Its working .

I'm not yet a fan of the skits where CB and JG try their hand at acting
in what ever situations the producers have drawn up for them.

Has anyone wondered if SR was alive what would he be like in a booth?

"these young guys don't even know how to rattle a cage these days."
The producers want to push a "rivalry" between Clint and Jeff now that they are in the booth together. Imagine Dale and Jeff in there together instead.

Also off topic and as BIG fan of both Dale Jr and Sr, while obviously everyone wonders how different Dale Jr's career would have been if Sr was around to help him, I have mostly always wondered what Dale would have thought of Jimmie and his championships, especially the 5 in a row.

The producers want to push a "rivalry" between Clint and Jeff now that they are in the booth together. Imagine Dale and Jeff in there together instead.

Also off topic and as BIG fan of both Dale Jr and Sr, while obviously everyone wonders how different Dale Jr's career would have been if Sr was around to help him, I have mostly always wondered what Dale would have thought of Jimmie and his championships, especially the 5 in a row.
Maybe if SR was still around there would never have been a 5 in a row or 7 Time.

I don't think he's bad in the booth, but he belongs at Hendrick.
I don't have a problem with him being in the booth at all, but I would like to see him at HMS helping them hands on. Jeff and Clint has brought a whole new excitement level to the booth since they teamed up and I hope they can find someone that will gel with Clint that will keep that excitement level up. I realize that not everyone likes them but that is their problem not mine.

brace yourselves 08062021164126.jpg

Who dresses these people?
I hate when they make broadcasters wear a suit and tie. You may need to wear a suit and tie for Business, court, and funerals... but I don't see the need to wear them at a sporting event. I want to be as separated as I can be from those other three when I'm watching races. I cringe every time I see a pit reporter on a 90 degree day with high humidity wearing a suit. A nice golf style shirt or a nice dress shirt with the companies logo on it would be the perfect attire for them to wear. I don't even have a problem if they wear a nice pair of shorts. Heck that's about all I even own.

Maybe this is the chance for FOX to revamp the booth?
It appears Jeff is already becoming more involved with things at HMS. And with Chad's new role it seems like Rick's setting himself up to turn over more of the day to day operations

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What about kevin harvick?
Under contract to drive for SHR until 2023.

The Fox part of the season always goes by in a hurry. Like others I found Bowyer quite entertaining but I also liked the two man booth in 2020.
Mike Joy is a living motorsports excyclopedia, I hope he continues to be in the booth next year.

If Gordon leaves, they will have an interesting decision to make during the offseason.

If Dale Sr. was still around, Jimmie might not have got 5 in a row. Just sayin.

Sr would have been 55 years old when Johnson won his first of 5 in a row
Eh Dale would still be racing at this very moment if he had lived. Still rattling cages and maybe a pass in the grass on the latest Elliott lmao

Eh Dale would still be racing at this very moment if he had lived. Still rattling cages and maybe a pass in the grass on the latest Elliott lmao

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought Dale was planning to retire after '03 or '04? It wasn't public knowledge at the time, but I swear I heard that info come out (from a reliable source) at some point in the last few years

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought Dale was planning to retire after '03 or '04? It wasn't public knowledge at the time, but I swear I heard that info come out (from a reliable source) at some point in the last few years
Thought I read it too some where. I was obviously being facetious saying he’d be racing today and he would have been into retirement once JJ started his run. Would have been cool to see them share a track though one time

I don’t know where to put this but thank goodness this crap might be over. It should have never left VL...felt it was always contrived, manufactured lip service to the crowd.

I kind of liked it myself, crowd was right there..probably sponsors raising hell for not enough coverage. Got to be wearing the hat ya know.

Back
Top Bottom