The Announcers Thread

Dale Jr. will be added to the IndyCar booth on Saturday, with James Hinchcliffe replacing him in the Xfinity race booth later in the day.

It was nice not having Rick allen on the broadcast. They need to keep him off, drop Burton and hire Allen bestwick. Bestwick, Jr, and letarte would make a pretty good booth.
I like both Jr and AB but I'm not sure they would both do good in the same booth.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

One of the many examples of the gerbils thinking they are bigger than the race. They have spent hours this year bad mouthing some drivers while other drivers can do no wrong. Screaming, yelling acting the fool. It's on the same level as having a room full of drunks watching the race. Not one of them has a clue what journalism is.

Allen sounds like the host of a corny game show.

Jr is fine when he keeps the tone of his voice down.

Letarte provides nothing whatsoever. Compare his "insight" to someone like Larry McReynolds, and he looks even worse.

Burton just never shuts the **** up, simple as that. He must be paid by the word. Always talking about how important everything is, how difficult everything is, what the drivers are thinking, what they are learning, etc. He makes Mikey Waltrip look like Ned Jarrett.

Combine all four of them, and you have a truly awful booth.

I can't get over the lack of respect they give the series, drivers and the viewers. Most of us have a lot of time in the series as fans and this bunch telling us the whole race how we should think is insulting. Announce the race, not your damn opinions.

NBC needs to dump them all honestly. Well except for Dale Jr, I guess he is good when he's not shrieking like the others. But Allen sucks, Letarte sucks, and Burton is the worst announcer in racing history.
You do realize without Letarte, Dale Jr isn't there? Jr was clear about that in his podcast that Steve being there is written into his contract (at least currently)

I think it just needs be a 3 man booth period. I'd be ok with Rick being gone. Not sure what it would be with Rick back and Burton gone.

You do realize without Letarte, Dale Jr isn't there? Jr was clear about that in his podcast that Steve being there is written into his contract (at least currently)

Don't care. Letarte is terrible. Listening to his commentary, you would never guess he's a former crew chief.

Don't care. Letarte is terrible. Listening to his commentary, you would never guess he's a former crew chief.
Guess that's where we differ. I think Steve brings a lot to the broadcast. Burton, not so much

Guess that's where we differ. I think Steve brings a lot to the broadcast. Burton, not so much

I think if Allen and Burton were subtracted, Jr and Steve would be a hell of a lot better. The constant yelling and tripping over each other while they talk is exhausting though.

I think if Allen and Burton were subtracted, Jr and Steve would be a hell of a lot better. The constant yelling and tripping over each other while they talk is exhausting though.
That’s why I just don’t understand the whole four man booth deal. Too many mouths, too little that needs to be said. If there was EVER a place for the networks to save some money, this would be a great one. Granted, Jr. is not a polished play by play guy, but just having one fewer voice fighting for air time made the two races done without Rick MUCH better in my opinion.

NBC's rotating announcers is a bit odd. We're already at 8 races into NBC's part and Rick Allen has missed 2 races. Mike Joy has missed none. The "studio" show is constantly rotating between Kyle Petty, Brad Daugherty, and Dale Jarrett.

NBC's rotating announcers is a bit odd. We're already at 8 races into NBC's part and Rick Allen has missed 2 races. Mike Joy has missed none. The "studio" show is constantly rotating between Kyle Petty, Brad Daugherty, and Dale Jarrett.

Rick has always missed New Hampshire as an off week but Michigan must have been Dale Jr’s idea.

Lol When the two gerbils squeak and shreek for wrecks, it's Rick's job to come over the top..oh the drama. . The rest of the time Rick lobs softball questions like what happens if they don't get the wheel nuts tight. lol

Anybody heard anything on Clint Bowyer's situation? Hadn't heard anything since the accident.

Am I the only one who thought the Dale, Dale and Kyle broadcast booth was about ten times better than the the regular lineup?
If you scrolled through the race thread you would have seen others thought the same, Jr is a better play by play guy than Rick Allen.

If you scrolled through the race thread you would have seen others thought the same, Jr is a better play by play guy than Rick Allen.
I’ve always liked Dale Jarrett and Kyle Petty better than any combo NBC has served up. Jr with them is really good as a compliment to this team.

I was laughing at Rick Allen the last several laps at how many times he said "Here comes Hamlin" even though there was no change in the distance he was behind Eric Jones. Always trying to make drama when I can clearly see what's really happening on my tv. What a clown.

I was laughing at Rick Allen the last several laps at how many times he said "Here comes Hamlin" even though there was no change in the distance he was behind Eric Jones. Always trying to make drama when I can clearly see what's really happening on my tv. What a clown.
I wonder if the man has an eyesight problem. He does that all of the time. The others aren't far behind either, calling passes and catch ups that never happen. They call THEIR race and not the race that the drivers on the track are doing.

:rolleyes:
There is a thread to whine about announcers? I get it, probably needed but still have to wade through the whining on the race thread.
Just be happy we get to SEE the races still. Won't be long and they will only be on Apps you have to pay fees for. Tune them out like I did with Economaki and Squire with their obvious worship of some drivers.
And I don't get all the Burton hate? Earnhardt's voice goes up as many octaves as Jeff's does. Don't see much crying over that?

There is a thread to whine about announcers? I get it, probably needed but still have to wade through the whining on the race thread.
Just be happy we get to SEE the races still. Won't be long and they will only be on Apps you have to pay fees for. Tune them out like I did with Economaki and Squire with their obvious worship of some drivers.
And I don't get all the Burton hate? Earnhardt's voice goes up as many octaves as Jeff's does. Don't see much crying over that?
x2

This thread has been here for 5 years.

This thread has been here for 5 years.
It finally caught my eye after wading through the whining on the race thread. Why have it if people are going to make 35% of the posts on the "race" thread about the coverage?

Back
Top Bottom